• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Has my Hair Transplant Failed at 7 months?

M

Masha

Hi everyone, i'm sharing this because I'm feeling blue and I don't really trust my clinic any longer...it's a Clinic in Spain and I'll share the name after 18 months, whether the results will be good or bad. This is the situation.

When I underwent puberty, 20 years ago, my forehead assumed a very weird shape, due to some issues related with hormones and maxillar development. Needless to say, it created a lot of discomfort every time I was swimming, or even walking on a windy day. Last year then I found a clinic which was offering HT at a very good price. It was a case of forehead lowering, and the doctor said my case was an easy one. She said she would transplant 2000 follicles in my temples, but there's no knowing now. Anyway, I'm posting here the results after 7 months. No wonder I'm quite sad about it. She says that it's evolving well, but a bit slowly, and she suggested taking Minoxidil, which was never on the table and I'd rather not take, because I never suffered from alopecia, and I know it might have a rebound effect of I stopped taking it.

What I 've noticed is that the transplanted hair basically stopped growing in February or March, and I don't know if it's because I'm a slow grower (I'm 42) or this is more or less what it's going to be. What do you guys think? And what about the minoxidil?

Attachments

• a bf right new.jpg
    a bf right new.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 410
  • b 2 weeks right.jpeg
    b 2 weeks right.jpeg
    41.7 KB · Views: 420
  • c right 7 months.jpeg
    c right 7 months.jpeg
    58.9 KB · Views: 392
  • d bf left.jpeg
    d bf left.jpeg
    43.6 KB · Views: 369
  • e 2 weeks left.jpeg
    e 2 weeks left.jpeg
    43.1 KB · Views: 396
  • left 7 months new.jpg
    left 7 months new.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 396
  • top bf.jpeg
    top bf.jpeg
    44.5 KB · Views: 434
  • top 7 months.jpeg
    top 7 months.jpeg
    85.5 KB · Views: 447
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
7 months is too early to judge your result. Some patients don`t see any growth until months 6 and 7. You will have to wait the full 12 months to see how it turns out.
Minoxidil could help speed up growth, it`s a personal choice if you use it.
If you could add some better quality pictures from a little further away showing the full hairline, maybe ask the clinic for your surgery pictures too.
All the best.

M

Masha

Thank you, Bicmac. I really hope I'm just a slow grower. I'm posting here some photos I took today, but atm it's impossible for me to go to the clinic because of the Covid situation.

Attachments

• front  further.jpeg
    front further.jpeg
    68.9 KB · Views: 383
  • left better.jpeg
    left better.jpeg
    73.9 KB · Views: 393
  • left close.jpeg
    left close.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 351
  • right better.jpeg
    right better.jpeg
    59.8 KB · Views: 407
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
You definitely have quite a bit of growth when comparing to your pre op pictures.
Lots of people compare their growth timelines to the fast growers but in reality, 6 months plus is when most experience good growth and maturing of hair. It`s always an anxious time waiting and watching your hair but you just have to try to be patient.
This link explains about growth timeframes. Hair Growth Timeframes.

M

Masha

Thanks again. I guess I'm being impatient and I 've seen other girls' results which were much more advanced at 7 months.

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Firstly I thought the pictures were excellent and their is big difference from were you started from that is for sure so keep positive still a long way to go plus the temples is different in my opinion , I had mine done when we do the HT in areas with existing hair it looks more fuller but the temples is like starting from scratch stay positive and patient for the full 12 months wishing you heaps of more growth

M

Masha

Thank you Dazzster26! It's true that my temples were hairless, and I probably need to wait and see! thanks !

T

Todd

It looks decent growth so far. As the other members have said, you have a lot more hair than before and you're just over the half way stage for growth. I think it will turn out fine and you will be happy.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks again. I guess I'm being impatient and I 've seen other girls' results which were much more advanced at 7 months.

It can be worrying seeing other people's growth timelines looking much better than yours but as I said, everyone grows differently and it``s very common for one side to grow in quicker than the other.

M

Masha

Definitely. I guess they kind of promised full growth at the 7 month, that's why I'm so upset, but if I can expect some extra growth, and also that my hair will be more "normal" less kinky and wiry, I guess it will make a huge difference. Also, when one's obsessed one keeps checking it. I've just taken 2 photos with slightly different light, and everything changes. I guess I just have to wait...

Attachments

• 23 may.jpeg
    23 may.jpeg
    107.1 KB · Views: 356
  • 23 may different light.jpeg
    23 may different light.jpeg
    88 KB · Views: 351
A

Alessio

Valued member
The clinic should not have led you to believe full growth at 7 months because no one can predict the timeframes. 12 months is the time given to see what should be full growth but there are examples of people who continue to grow after 12 months. Wirey hair usually corrects itself over time but sometimes it may be caused by grafts placed too deep or squashed into place. Time will tell for you. You definitely have more hair than before you started which is a positive thing, another 5 plus months of growth to go.

M

Masha

Thanks Alessio...I don't really trust this clinic and my attempts at contacting them have been frustrated in the last three weeks. I do see that there is more hair than before, but not as much as I had hoped. I'll just have to wait at least until the 1-year mark.

M

Masha

Hi Bigmac, Thank you for asking. They haven't. The secretary told me that everything is fine, and she said that the doctor had told her so. When I asked if I could speak directly to the doctor, she started to make excuses on the account fo the Covid, and then told me they'll let me know when the doctor is available. That was 3 weeks ago. The hair is growing in lenght (it's like 6 cm now) but I really don't see more density than when I sent you the photos. It's quite decent but I can't make a bun without showing that the density is not the same. I'll probably manage somehow when it'll have grown, but atm no visible progress. This is my eighth month, I'll keep ypu posted

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Masha. With clinics open again have you been in contact with the doctor?
Any improvement on your hair?

M

Masha

Hi, and sorry for the late response.
Not really much more density, I'll send photos in a few days

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, once you post them we can compare again.

S

Sammmuel

Dear Masha,
Sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the results and your experience. If you do not want to try Minoxidil, I would suggest you Biotin. Vitamins are good for hair and body in general.
Keep us posted please ...
good luck