• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

HDC CYPRUS CLINIC 2426 FUE GRAFTS HAIRLINE-TEMPLES

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Bigmac wrote:
Not sure how affective the Minoxidil tablets are. No one really talks about them. Have you tried some Nizoral shampoo to see if that stops the itching and redness?
You look the business at the convention dude. I like the Regenepure DR version when i get an itchy scalp it helps me dude.
If you do go down the minoxidil tablets route please keep us updated as i haven't heard much about them either.

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Hi Guys

Thanks for coming back to is I have stopped the rogaine for now and using the Nizoral to see if will clear it up thanks again

Dazz

C

Coopman

Valued member
Hi Daz

Great results by the way.

In regards to Minoxidil Tablets I looked into this a few years ago and decided it was not worth the risk. The potential side effects appeared to outweigh the benefits particularly in respect to low blood pressure and water retention.
However determining the appropriate dosages would likely reduce those risks. The ISHRS Surgeon Dr Path has been vocal in making his patients aware of Minox Tablets and his postings are on other forums including recommendations for dosage.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Daz, any luck with it clearing up?
When I used Minoxidil a long time ago I was fine, then 6-7 months in my scalp was red with irritation and I had to stop using it. After a while I tried the foam, I got the same sides as the Minox but not as bad. I gave up on that too.

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Hi Friends

Firstly let me say sorry for not been so active these last months but we have been going through some very emotional things at home , its settling down but its going to take time ,I just wanted to let everyone know I have stopped the Minoxidil due to having Scalp Psoriasis which has been very frustrating and sore , I have been using TGEL shampoo which has helped but its taking time , here is a couple of pictures of the way my hair is today am over 5 years post op from my first Ht , all the very best to everyone wishing you all great recovery and growth

Dazz

Attachments

• Chilling.jpg
    Chilling.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 594
D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Hi Friends

2nd picture

Dazz

Attachments

• 28-07-17 HAIR HOLDING.jpg
    28-07-17 HAIR HOLDING.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 628
Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Dazzster
Good to hear from you. Sorry to hear you're having some personal issues but it's good to know they're getting sorted.
I had a similar experience to you with Minoxidil. I was using it ok, then it began to irritate my scalp really bad and caused massive amounts of dandruff. I had to stop using it. Hopefully you can get the Psoriasis under control.
Otherwise, you're looking very well my friend.
All the best.
Bm.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi Daz,
I'm sorry to hear you're gong through some personal issues at home. No need to be sorry as we all get caught in our own lives too. Of course your cheerful support is missed around here but we can certainly understand. Too bad Minox is giving you trouble but your hair looks great. I don't personally think Minox is worth it if your scalp gets irritation from it.
Really good to hear your issues are settling down. Take care!!!

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Hi All

Well as stated before I stopped using the Minoxidil Foam and Liquid tried both of them , after using the T-Gel Shampoo things did improve so I thought I would try the Minoxidil again after 2 -3 days same problem irritation and redness coming at my hairline and temple why I dont know as i was placing it on the crown , anyway I have accepted it my hair is still good but I do think it has got thin in a couple of places I am going to try the Minoxidil Tablets at 2.5mg a day when I get them any problems I will stop straight away wishing everyone great recovery and results.
Thanks

Dazz

B

Balduser101

valued member
Hi Dazzster. I read all your posts yesterday, great documentation of your hair loss journey with a fantastic result from your surgeries. The Elvis pictures and your singing are Amazing, you have a true talent.
Adam B has been using KR that is supplied by Pro Hair Clinic, that might work for you.
A big thumbs up for your posts, helpful, supportive and positive.
ps, hope your personal issues were resolved, you deserve to be happy.

bullitnut

bullitnut

Hi dude, sorry to hear things have been emotional at home, i truly hope things settle down for you. As Janna says you don't have to apologize dude for not being as active....we all totally understand pal, please don't feel you need to say sorry...your one of the gang on here so yes we miss you when your not around, but we all understand and can appreciate life can throw a curve ball from time to time so please don't feel bad about not being as active;)
I agree your hair looks good though in the pictures which is great to see.... i too had issues with Minoxidil but mine was it causing me to have sore and really red eyelids which made me stop using it. I think it was from using it on an evening and then rubbing my face on the pillow as i slept*nl i did change to using it through the day and not at night but it only improved marginally so i stopped as well.
Let us know how you get on with the tablets pal please i'm interested.
Take care BN

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Hey Balduser

Thanks very much for the awesome comments things have settled down a bit but a will probably take extra time of work maybe till after the year , I will look into the the KR thanks for the heads up have a great week mate.

Cheers

Dazz

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Hi BN

Great to here from you mate yes those curve balls can knock you back , things are starting to get better though we got a Pup she is awesome really keeps me on my toes , am taking time out of work as well as that was not helping at all , their calling now but am sticking to my guns just need proper time at home , I hope all is going good for you and the family brother have a great day and will see you on the posts
Take care I care

Dazz

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Dazz.
Sorry to hear the Minox is still causing issues. Hopefully your hair doesn't need it now. Good to hear things are looking better with your personal issues.
It's always good to hear from you, stay positive my friend.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Here is Daz singing. Great talent.

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/N_i0CuSLh04&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Hi Bigmac
Thanks for the awesome comments things starting to come good again am back at work now after near 5 months off. Here`s a picture of us at the convention on January 6th, have a great week mate, Bahrain in 8 hours for a 10 day job.

Keep Rocking

Daz

Attachments

• 20180106_234844-1_resized.jpg
    20180106_234844-1_resized.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 416
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Great to hear things are ok and you`re back to work. Lovely picture of you two at the Elvis convention, positively glowing, I bet it was a lot of fun.
You`re a great and genuine supportive guy to everyone on here. Thanks for everything.
Enjoy your work in Dubai.
All the best.
Bm.

bullitnut

bullitnut

Dude it's great to hear your life has taking a turn for the better....I agree with BM you both look great, your hair looks awesome too;).
Your a lucky guy being able to work in such an amazing place......hope you get some time to yourself though whilst there as it would be such a waste if it was all work dude.
Really happy for you as it's tough when things aren't going great so it's awesome to hear things are good again.
Take care buddy and thanks for the update;)

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Hi Guys

Thank you so much were working hard here at present and after taking the time off last year due personnel and family issues I feel so much better and positive the scalp is still good at present and am using very little products on my hair just a normal shampoo and conditioner , wishing you all the very best always

Thanks
Darren