• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Help Needed ASAP - Harley St Healthcare

H

HairLineFine

Guys,

I’ve been receding for quite a few years now and ultimately decided to take the plunge and look at hair transplants. I did a google search and looked at some reviews, on initial glance it seemed Harley St Healthcare had decent reviews and I couldn't find too much drama regarding them.

I contacted and had a consultation with Hakeem in Manchester.We discussed the essentials and then he gave me a price for 3500 grafts. After a week or so of mulling this over I decided to book for July and paid my deposit.

I have just come across this website!!! I am extremely worried now as it appears under the surface that this company is not what they are pretending to be?

has anyone been through this before, should I cancel my procedure?

what are my options looking like for getting my deposit back? I paid on credit card and haven’t signed their contract.

please can somebody shed some light on this company ASAP, my procedure is suppose to be in a couple of days time!

Thank you.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
The decision of whether to go ahead or not has to be yours. Look at their results, compare them to other clinics, and decide if you think they are what you want.
I do not like or agree with the questionable testimonials with the use of other clinic pictures they have on their website. You can decide if that is ethical or not.
Could you post some pictures of your hair loss situation? Is it FUE or FUT surgery you`re having?

H

HairLineFine

The decision of whether to go ahead or not has to be yours. Look at their results, compare them to other clinics, and decide if you think they are what you want.
I do not like or agree with the questionable testimonials with the use of other clinic pictures they have on their website. You can decide if that is ethical or not.
Could you post some pictures of your hair loss situation? Is it FUE or FUT surgery you`re having?
Hi Bigmac,

It would be FUE and no, I wouldn’t be happy that they are using other clinics images. Where will I find this information that they are using other clinics images?

I don’t have any images to compare as it’s hard to tell which are genuine?

the problem I have is I booked the surgery but I have only now come across this information and to be honest I am not feeling happy about proceeding with the procedure in a few days time.

I am not very clued up on this - as you may tell. Is there suppose to be a standard procedure for how they undertake the consultations and secure the work as I feel looking back on things, it’s quite unprofessional.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
All I can suggest is maybe have another consult elsewhere and compare. The testimonials at the bottom of their website, the images have been cropped. If memory serves me correctly, they are Dr Bernstein's patients. He is located in New York. Look at the results on their website and compare them to results on here posted by patients and clinics. You could always ask to put it on hold until you are sure you want to go ahead or not.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have any pictures you can post showing your hair loss situation?

H

HairLineFine

Unfortunately not, I shave my head so have no real images of this.

Ive google searched their images and cant find any incriminating images. How do you know they are from Dr Bernstein's?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
A few shaven head images would suffice.

H

HairLineFine

It wouldn’t show on camera well tbh as I have Smp

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It would be nice to see your head with SMP and then see it after your HT to see the difference.

H

HairLineFine

No worries, I will take and keep some pictures until the procedure.

but I am not fully decided at the moment if I should undertake this. I am still worried about my original post.

apparantly it would be Dr Munir; do you know any information on him? I can’t find much on google, either way.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
The same doctor who works for the broker Hair Growth center. Hair Growth Center who have stolen Hasson and Wong's patient pictures amongst others.
You seem reluctant to post your pictures.

H

HairLineFine

I don’t understand why the pressure for pictures?

in other news, please could you advise if most procedures look like this? I’ve seen some that do and some that don’t and wondering if this is normal or a bad procedure? Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• 18F593EB-BAD3-414F-825A-80AF3DE8C9EF.jpeg
    18F593EB-BAD3-414F-825A-80AF3DE8C9EF.jpeg
    166.2 KB · Views: 383
H

horris

Valued member
Hi,
It sounds by the question above you are not well informed on the ht process pre or post and all it entails. I recommend do a lot more research as it is a rollercoaster and you need to be ready for that. The pic above looks standard but that doesn't mean it's a good result or bad one as this is down to you and the clinics/doctors skills. If you are not confident with the clinic I would personally walk away especially if they do use other people's pictures or at least ask to see a bit more of the docs work. The doctor may be good but I have not heard or seen anything from the name you mentioned if you're in Manchester consult at Farjo's well recommended clinic who will give you another opinion. Also if you ask for help posting pictures makes life easier for us to say what we think grafts wise/procedure wise/general advice which will help you. Remember the ht will be visible for possibly up to 4 months so you shouldn't be worried about posting pics as most people you see in person will possibly notice a difference. Good luck in what you choose

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Would you consider these as good results and would you choose a clinic on the basis of these results?

Harley st healthcare stolen images hair transplant.jpeg

Harley st healthcare stolen images.jpeg

S

smokeybacon

I agree with Horris, you seem to be totally unprepared and asking these type of questions at this stage seems like red flags. I saw one of their adverts on fb, comes up all the time something like 65% discount, to me that would be enough to avoid like the plague. If a clinic is using other clinic pictures that should be an immediate no go, I have seen it exposed on here before.