• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

HGC (Hair Growth Centre) London, Maida Vale

J

JonathanLondon

Day 24

Attachments

• IMG_5830.jpg
    IMG_5830.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_5831.jpg
    IMG_5831.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_5833.jpg
    IMG_5833.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_5841 copy.jpg
    IMG_5841 copy.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 213
J

JonathanLondon

Day 27

Attachments

• IMG_5843 copy.jpg
    IMG_5843 copy.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_5845 copy.jpg
    IMG_5845 copy.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_5847 copy.jpg
    IMG_5847 copy.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_5852.jpg
    IMG_5852.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 166
J

JonathanLondon

Day 29

Attachments

• IMG_5864 copy.jpg
    IMG_5864 copy.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_5866 copy.jpg
    IMG_5866 copy.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_5870 copy.jpg
    IMG_5870 copy.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_5871.jpg
    IMG_5871.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 187
J

JonathanLondon

Here are some pictures on day 38 after FUE op.
Lots of shedding - and looking pretty pathetic.

Attachments

• IMG_5933 copy.jpg
    IMG_5933 copy.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_5934 copy.jpg
    IMG_5934 copy.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_5936.jpg
    IMG_5936.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_5938.jpg
    IMG_5938.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_5941 copy.jpg
    IMG_5941 copy.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 220
J

JonathanLondon

I see you still have quite a few hairs in the transplanted area. Are these continuing to grow?
Very few seem to be growing. Vast majority have shed, or not growing. Is this to be expected?

J

JonathanLondon

Day 48 pictures

Attachments

• IMG_6013.jpg
    IMG_6013.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_6014.jpg
    IMG_6014.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_6015.jpg
    IMG_6015.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_6021.jpg
    IMG_6021.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_6031 copy.jpg
    IMG_6031 copy.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 185
JesterRIP

JesterRIP

Valued member
Hi Jonathan,

This is great as you're a fellow "HGC" patient and about 3 weeks ahead of me (had mine done 7th Aug) so I'm happy to compare notes.

I've noticed the back of my head still feels like a mild sunburn and the top at the front still feels numb.

You'll see on the vids I posted on the other thread, it's started shedding. But with a magnifying glass, I can also see very short hairs which either haven't grown since transplant, or have shed and are growing already... I hope the latter but who knows.

I trust you are keeping well though and enjoying the progress :)

J

JonathanLondon

Hi. Thanks for getting in touch. Were you in Maida Vale? Which Dr?
The numbness remained for a long time, and in fact still not 100% back to normal. I am having lots of itchiness as well around the donor areas, and all over really.
As you will have seen from my pictures, lots of shedding, hardly any implanted hair left. But one or two seem to be growing, and the rest are just there but not growig.
At the moment, overall i am feeling quite negative and disappointed about the experience, based on people's comments above on this thread.

H

HR1986

The numbness remained for a long time, and in fact still not 100% back to normal. I am having lots of itchiness as well around the donor areas, and all over really.
As you will have seen from my pictures, lots of shedding, hardly any implanted hair left. But one or two seem to be growing, and the rest are just there but not growig.
At the moment, overall i am feeling quite negative and disappointed about the experience, based on people's comments above on this thread.
Very normal to be feeling that way.
Im currently 5 months in. All numbness, itchiness, little pains are now gone.

JesterRIP

JesterRIP

Valued member

Edit: HGC Romford - Dr Vishal Nayak (lead surgeon) did the incisions.

Yeah don't worry about the comments. Mainly because there's nothing you can do about it right now, but also because it's far too early to judge just yet either. We all have different scalps, and each hair will grow at a different rate. I was told that even at 12 months the front will be at 80-90% coverage and around 15 months you can expect the final results at the front and 18 months for the crown, so keep that in mind.

Shedding, again, I'm told is a good thing because it means your grafts are getting the blood supply. The shed makes way for the hibernation period and given you're about 3 weeks ahead I'd not expect to be seeing much growth before the end of October...?

I'd been following Gregory Gaige on YouTube who'd had his done at Harley St. You can see his 3 month video there's not much there at all. Even at 6 months, it just doesn't look dense enough so don't worry at all.

Have a look at his 12 month results (y)

Keep the faith!

Last edited:
J

JonathanLondon

Thanks for that.
By the way, I am meant to go back for a second PRP treatment tomorrow.
do you think this is worth the money?

JesterRIP

JesterRIP

Valued member
Thanks for that.
By the way, I am meant to go back for a second PRP treatment tomorrow.
do you think this is worth the money?

Have you seen my vids?

I mention it at 4:42 in the vid below.

It all depends on your rate of loss, as well as your physical condition. I'm lucky in that my hairline has been more of less the same for 15-20 years. Whilst Rogaine, minoxidil, PRP etc can potentially halt further loss (and in some cases promote regrowth), once treatment stops the effects are undone.

One good indicator of how much you're going to lose by not taking it, is to look at the men in your family (your mum's side in particular). All the (older) guys in my family have exactly the same hairline; receded but not bald. Therefore I was pretty confident, at 46, there wasn't much further hair loss prevention needed. Plus I don't smoke, have good circulation etc.

Aside from that, it's supposed to promote the healing process but if you've seen my vids, along with your pictures, it looks like we've healed at a similar rate?

J

JonathanLondon

Have you seen my vids?

I mention it at 4:42 in the vid below.

It all depends on your rate of loss, as well as your physical condition. I'm lucky in that my hairline has been more of less the same for 15-20 years. Whilst Rogaine, minoxidil, PRP etc can potentially halt further loss (and in some cases promote regrowth), once treatment stops the effects are undone.

One good indicator of how much you're going to lose by not taking it, is to look at the men in your family (your mum's side in particular). All the (older) guys in my family have exactly the same hairline; receded but not bald. Therefore I was pretty confident, at 46, there wasn't much further hair loss prevention needed. Plus I don't smoke, have good circulation etc.

Aside from that, it's supposed to promote the healing process but if you've seen my vids, along with your pictures, it looks like we've healed at a similar rate?

Thanks. Sounds quite similar to me. The other videos posted here give me some hope as well.
Let’s hope for the best.

J

JonathanLondon

Here are some pictures from today, day 62 post FUE. Not very exciting at the moment.

Attachments

• IMG_6121.jpg
    IMG_6121.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_6124.jpg
    IMG_6124.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_6125.jpg
    IMG_6125.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_6127.jpg
    IMG_6127.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_6128.jpg
    IMG_6128.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 282
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Between 3 - 6 months is when growth usually begins. Before that you are just healing and having your hair and scalp return to normal pre op. Time will tell how things turn out.