• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

HGC (Hair Growth Centre) London, Maida Vale

J

JonathanLondon

This may be a silly question.
If the donor and/or recipient area is itching regularly. is it advisable to avoid scratching?
does it matter?
Thanks.

H

HR1986

This may be a silly question.
If the donor and/or recipient area is itching regularly. is it advisable to avoid scratching?
does it matter?
Thanks.
Don't scratch. Little bit of Aloe vera gel and Piriteze allergy tablets helped me. Gently tapping also.

D

djkillab

Valued member
It's all about the gentle tapping! And aloe Vera. It should pass quite quickly

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
I really hope this works out for ya pal! Yeah don't be itching as it will likely make things worse....itching can be a vicious circle once you start...
Best to try the aloe vera gel and pat gently like suggested to prevented aggravating the area and potentially making the itching worse....I think Holland and Barrats sell it if that helps dude.

J

JonathanLondon

Today is three months post my FUE operation. Here are some pictures of the implanted area, and donor areas.
The itching is still raging, especially around the implanted areas.]
some hairs are growing at the hairline area, but the crowne and side area that received some implants seems to be shedding still and no growth.

Attachments

• IMG_6302.jpg
    IMG_6302.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_6306.jpg
    IMG_6306.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_6308.jpg
    IMG_6308.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_6315.jpg
    IMG_6315.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_6330.jpg
    IMG_6330.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_6335.jpg
    IMG_6335.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_6339.jpg
    IMG_6339.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 252
S

subterfuge

Good luck.
I went with these guys 2 weeks back. Admittedly I jumped in a bit and didn't do enough research but booked it at a time when my plans to go to Turkey fell through due to Covid and I was frustrated and decided to go with these guys

I am a little bit nervous if i'm honest. Really hoping it's not a failure,

H

HR1986

Good luck.
I went with these guys 2 weeks back. Admittedly I jumped in a bit and didn't do enough research but booked it at a time when my plans to go to Turkey fell through due to Covid and I was frustrated and decided to go with these guys

Likewise mate, Covid scrapped my plan to get it done in Turkey.

S

subterfuge

Likewise mate, Covid scrapped my plan to get it done in Turkey.
thanks. Yeah, I know it takes a long time and you can't know anything about the result until way down the line.
My nervousness is more based on things I didn't know at the time such as how they use other surgeons work as their own and stuff and some bad reviews. I saw a few on youtube too of people who are fighting to get their money back and stuff. It's worrying and I guess I only have myself to blame IF I get a really bad result, but fingers crossed.
I was speaking to someone on facebook before I booked, and he was a real person who got it done with them and he's happy with his progress at 6 months and that was what made me bite the bullet. But i'd have much rather have gone to Turkey as initially planned and went to Dr. peckiner or someone like that.
Fingers crossed! I'm only on week 2 and am just waiting for the hair to fall out.

JesterRIP

JesterRIP

Valued member
I'm just over 3 months now following my surgery in HGC Romford and so far so good (y)

Lots of tiny hairs starting to push through, itchy scalp - altho not entirely sure if it's due to the new hairs, the numbness beginning to subside - or both?

H

HR1986

thanks. Yeah, I know it takes a long time and you can't know anything about the result until way down the line.
My nervousness is more based on things I didn't know at the time such as how they use other surgeons work as their own and stuff and some bad reviews. I saw a few on youtube too of people who are fighting to get their money back and stuff. It's worrying and I guess I only have myself to blame IF I get a really bad result, but fingers crossed.
I was speaking to someone on facebook before I booked, and he was a real person who got it done with them and he's happy with his progress at 6 months and that was what made me bite the bullet. But i'd have much rather have gone to Turkey as initially planned and went to Dr. peckiner or someone like that.
Fingers crossed! I'm only on week 2 and am just waiting for the hair to fall out.
Which clinic and who did the incisions?

JesterRIP

JesterRIP

Valued member
Good luck.

I think that's the problem with social media in general - if you research anything long enough, you're bound to find a few comments from disgruntled individuals who weren't satisfied for one reason or another.

Is their gripe because they didn't manage their own expectations appropriately? Did they follow the post surgery care advice to the letter? Did they have any pre-existing issues with their scalp? Or was their gripe a genuine one? We simply have no way of knowing.

Before I used HGC I spoke to a number of people who'd used them. Saw a couple of video diaries online, as well as the pre-surgery vids they send out before you go.

As someone who was between a 4 and 5 on the Norwood scale, I am not expecting manes and manes of hair akin to a cave man. Just that it will be a little more aesthetic than it was before - I've just posted my latest pics on the other HGC thread here: https://www.hairlossexperiences.com/threads/hgc-romford-3000-grafts.10924/#post-86392

Try not to worry too much. Remember it takes 15 months before you get your final result for the temples, and a further 3 for the crown.

I anticipate at this point I'll most likely book a "top-up" appointment to add a bit more density. If I'm not completely 100% that is.

Good luck

S

subterfuge

Which clinic and who did the incisions?
Romford. Dr. Nayak done the incisions.
I think that's the problem with social media in general - if you research anything long enough, you're bound to find a few comments from disgruntled individuals who weren't satisfied for one reason or another.

Is their gripe because they didn't manage their own expectations appropriately? Did they follow the post surgery care advice to the letter? Did they have any pre-existing issues with their scalp? Or was their gripe a genuine one? We simply have no way of knowing.

Before I used HGC I spoke to a number of people who'd used them. Saw a couple of video diaries online, as well as the pre-surgery vids they send out before you go.

As someone who was between a 4 and 5 on the Norwood scale, I am not expecting manes and manes of hair akin to a cave man. Just that it will be a little more aesthetic than it was before - I've just posted my latest pics on the other HGC thread here: https://www.hairlossexperiences.com/threads/hgc-romford-3000-grafts.10924/#post-86392

Try not to worry too much. Remember it takes 15 months before you get your final result for the temples, and a further 3 for the crown.

I anticipate at this point I'll most likely book a "top-up" appointment to add a bit more density. If I'm not completely 100% that is.

Good luck
Hopefully i'm worrying about nothing, but just seeing them use other surgeons pics and claiming to be their own was the first alarm bell and then on a youtube video about 'botch jobs' I saw a few comments from people claiming to have been botched in the comments section. But as you say, if you look hard enough, you can probably find bad reviews about everyone. There's a few video diaries on youtube of customers that i'm keeping an eye on. It's certainly not as if they never have good results, so hopefully i'll be lucky

I only wanted to straighten my hairline and fix my recession. I've been slowly losing hair for maybe 5 years and I was apparently a good candidate.

ps - I read very conflicted info about when it's OK to shave the recipient area. The doctors on realself seem to all say 'grafts are completely secure after about 10 days and can't be damaged unless using surgical instruments, so you are safe to shave it' although on reddit I often hear people saying to wait 6 months!! I kind of want to shave mine off soon as I look weird with long hair behind the stubbly recipient area and am still hiding from seeing people lol

JesterRIP

JesterRIP

Valued member
ps - I read very conflicted info about when it's OK to shave the recipient area. The doctors on realself seem to all say 'grafts are completely secure after about 10 days and can't be damaged unless using surgical instruments, so you are safe to shave it' although on reddit I often hear people saying to wait 6 months!! I kind of want to shave mine off soon as I look weird with long hair behind the stubbly recipient area and am still hiding from seeing people lol

I also had Dr Vishal Nayak too. Nice bloke.

He told me 4 weeks for cut, 6 weeks for clippers.

You're right in what you say, the grafts are pretty much set after 10-12 days - but scissors and especially clippers have a tendency to "pull" on the hairs. So while they may be set, I imagine it wouldn't take much to yank them out (think of how long it takes a cut & scan to completely heal).

I've been posting video diaries too. I'll keep doing so until the 18 month point I imagine. It seems this procedure is becoming ever more popular, so it always helps to get others' experiences no doubt.

Your hairline is much better than mine. I expect therefore, you'll get a much better end result too (y)

H

HR1986

Romford. Dr. Nayak done the incisions.

Hopefully i'm worrying about nothing, but just seeing them use other surgeons pics and claiming to be their own was the first alarm bell and then on a youtube video about 'botch jobs' I saw a few comments from people claiming to have been botched in the comments section. But as you say, if you look hard enough, you can probably find bad reviews about everyone. There's a few video diaries on youtube of customers that i'm keeping an eye on. It's certainly not as if they never have good results, so hopefully i'll be lucky

I only wanted to straighten my hairline and fix my recession. I've been slowly losing hair for maybe 5 years and I was apparently a good candidate.

Here's day 12 (2 days ago)
View attachment 27726

I'm currently 7.5 months post op. Not happy at all to be honest. I just needed a touch up on my fading hairline and added density to the frontal and mid. Both hairline and density are still pretty poor. Dr Nayak and his team do have an excellent track record so I think you'll be just fine mate.

J

JonathanLondon

If we’re all not happy after 12 months, maybe we can get a group discount in Turkey to get fixed up!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Seeing early growth at 3 months is a positive sign. Has there been more this past month?

J

JonathanLondon

Today is 4 months since my FUE surgery:

Attachments

• IMG_6590 copy.jpg
    IMG_6590 copy.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_6597 copy.jpg
    IMG_6597 copy.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_6598 copy.jpg
    IMG_6598 copy.jpg