• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Hi... 1st time posting here.. Hope this helps a few guys on the Rollercoaster ride..

NotBadHairUK

NotBadHairUK

Valued member
I thought this might help one or two people riding on the rollercoaster of highs and lows.. since their/your recent HT..

postoprollercoasterview.jpg

I know what it was like waiting for something to happen post op and wanted to give some words of encouragement.. even though I've had 3 HT's.. (2 world class HT's by Dr Feller). I think its still a Roller Coaster ride even for experienced guys who have been there already... if your an impatient bloke like me... it makes it seem twice as long just to wait till the end of each passing day to check up on the lastest signs of a single hair popping up!? *nl (it seems nuts but I was checking every 30 minutes!) a top tip is get a hobby or fix up something that has been gathering dust or some other long term project. I fixed up and restored my old car.. took my mind off the HT and I ended up with something pretty shiny afterwards... (that wasnt the top of my head!). Also got back into fitness and started excercising a bit more.. and set goals and targets that kept me motivated and lost the spare tyre I was carrying around.

Most people will visit the post op roller coaster... its worth knowing your not alone... u'll think its all gone tits up because its not fully grown out by 4 months post op... *nl (yes...I did! I have to say... I wasnt happy at 3 - 4 months after HT no.1... but its easy to forget thats the very start of the regrowth journey stage... by 10-14 months... take another look and see how things have changed!

If your still not sure... its time to grab the 'pre op pictures' and compare how you looked before. Pre op pics and a great way to remind yourself where you was at! It still amazes me how you can watch every single day and not realise how much hair has come through at around 6 months... its when you grab the pre op pics and wonder how you didnt see the hair growing back all over the top of your head! :eek: It grows sooo slooowly that you cant even tell anything is happening! :unsure: from there on.. the following few months were more noticable with more coverage.

I am now approx 14 months post my 2nd HT... and I can honestly say... the quality of the hair that Dr Feller placed in the front 3rd is improving all the time. I am seeing the mid/top/crown area (in a thin strip about 2" wide) is now thinner than the front where previously there was no hair! I am going to talk with Spex about having a bit more in the mid section behind the front 3rd in the near future... I know I am in safe hands with Dr Feller... his team have turned my life around... to think I would be in the position to have another HT after the mess I was in before will be more than the icing on the cake.... it will be the icing on top of the icing on the cake! I'll post up more about this when things have been discussed a bit further with Dr F and Spex.

This was mainly a quick post... just to give some positive feedback to all the guys sitting and waiting for things to take off... it will! Just hang in there... its worth the ride! ;)

This was me before (with an aweful embarressing center parting!) and after..

COMBOVERBEFOREMYHTs.jpg

18 Months post the 1st Feller HT..

beforeandafterin18months.jpg

and going a bit crazy with it... (too long without hair does this to you!)

dec15th08side.jpg

dec15th08back.jpg

I never thought this would be possible a few years ago... I looked terrible... and felt terrible.. this is the best decision of my life... and cant say enough thanks to Dr Feller and Spex!! (also guys like PB... BM.. etc etc for the constant support is beyond the call of duty) and to everyone else that has helped... hope I can help a few others along your journey ;)

Heal... wait a bit... Grow a bit...and hang about a bit... Grow some more.... and you'll be on your way to a happy hairy future! Its just a pain in the ass waiting but expect a few ups and downs and uncertainty before the ride ends and the results are there waiting for you! ;)

All the very best.

Last edited:
Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
This is a great post for many people. You have been on one hell of a trip and finally have reached your goals with a great looking HT and some very natural results. thanks for the post.

NN

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Oh, by the way, I love the name change. Very appropriate now. Guess I should have considered a name change too.

NN

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
Great to see you here... and ditto... the name change is a good one..

Glad to see you are happy mate...

Grow well and Prosper... (trek thing... ops... more like a nerd thing I suppose)

Will be back on the old forum to post some 1 year result soon... cant believe how time has flown !!

Cheers mate

Tim

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hey man.

Good to hear from you.

Great post which will help others enourmously.

I`m so pleased for you as you have come a very long way to achieve your goals of having a natural looking head of hair.

Very nice pictures too.

Cheers bm.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Nice write up - great to see happy repair patients! Congrats!

NN - how about NotsoNervousNelly???

Lucky

Lucky

Bollocks
Hi NBHuk aka BHuk :)

Nice to see you here mate! hope you doing well.

Baldspot

Baldspot

Valued member
A thoughtful and valuable post - especially for those of us soon to be checking the mirror.

NotBadHairUK

NotBadHairUK

Valued member
Nervousnelly wrote:
This is a great post for many people. You have been on one hell of a trip and finally have reached your goals with a great looking HT and some very natural results. thanks for the post.

NN

Hey NN, also sorry I didnt see all your replies sooner.. been a bit busy.

Thanks for your kind words NN, or maybe as already mentioned by Janna... soon to be NNN! :::C cheers.

NotBadHairUK

NotBadHairUK

Valued member
timuk wrote:
Great to see you here... and ditto... the name change is a good one..

Glad to see you are happy mate...

Grow well and Prosper... (trek thing... ops... more like a nerd thing I suppose)

Will be back on the old forum to post some 1 year result soon... cant believe how time has flown !!

Cheers mate

Tim
Great to hear from you Tim... thanks mate... look forward to seeing your progress update soon! :)

NotBadHairUK

NotBadHairUK

Valued member
Bigmac wrote:
Hey man.

Good to hear from you.

Great post which will help others enourmously.

I`m so pleased for you as you have come a very long way to achieve your goals of having a natural looking head of hair.

Very nice pictures too.

Cheers bm.
Cheers BM, its good to hear from you.. yes.. its been a Trip getting here.. thanks mate.

NotBadHairUK

NotBadHairUK

Valued member
janna wrote:
Nice write up - great to see happy repair patients! Congrats!

NN - how about NotsoNervousNelly???

Thanks Janna... its good to hear my post has helped a few people and I like the NNN! :::C

NotBadHairUK

NotBadHairUK

Valued member
Lucky wrote:
Hi NBHuk aka BHuk :)

Nice to see you here mate! hope you doing well.
Hey Lucky, great to hear from u mate.. last time I saw your update you looked bloody awesome.. congrats on your own journey mate! :::C cheers.

NotBadHairUK

NotBadHairUK

Valued member
Thanks Bullitnut and Baldspot, looking forward to seeing all your own results soon! Grow like crazy everyone! ;)

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Glad you have achieved your goal and enjoying life.

bm.