• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Just booked my HT for July 2020 at The Hair Dr Clinic Drewsbury. (I will Document my progress here)

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
Thanks Bigmac!! Yep I keep meaning to message the clinic for the pictures but so busy at the moment I keep forgetting. Yep I’m hoping that the thinner section will improve but knowing Dr Arshad will top it up if it doesn’t has cured my anxiety about it. What I have noticed is that I always used to have product on my hair to style it and would never go out without styling it as I was always conscious about having no hairline and it being very thin. This past month I’ve just been letting it dry after a shower, something I thought I’d never do. For me personally having this HT has totally changed my life both mentally and physically.

S

smokeybacon

13 month update with towel dried hair, so slight damp/wet still. Still got that slightly thinner section in the middle and right temple but knowing that Dr Arshad will sort this with a top up is very reassuring.

Hi baldingman23, not sure these pictures do justice. I was just looking at the ones you first posted before any transplant. The last lot are slightly grainy and out of focus. It looks like your hairline needs to be thickened up along the front. The middle like you say is thin also, but is it as thin as before, it looks like it a little when I compare the old and new. As if your hair is going over to the middle but the other side doesn´t meet it. Be really good if you can replicate similar angles and quality of the first round of pictures. Has a number of grafts been quoted to repair your hairline and density going back?

M

My2021story

Looks like a definite improvement but would be good to see after pics on a like for like basis, as is same style and quality as the before ones

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
I will try and take some better pics tomorrow and post them. My hair is quite blonde at the moment as I’ve been spending a lot of time outside and the sun always makes it go fairer which IMO never looks as thick as dark hair. Take David Beckham for example he’s now gone bleach blonde and I think his hair doesn’t look a thick as it did when it was darker.

Dr Arshad did not mention how many graphs would be needed but assured me he would do whatever would be needed to make me 100% happy with the result.

Last edited:
S

smokeybacon

I will try and take some better pics tomorrow and post them. My hair is very blonde at the moment as I’ve been spending a lot of time outside and the sun always makes it go fairer which IMO never looks as dark hair. Take David Beckham for example he’s now gone bleach blonde and I think his hair doesn’t look a thick s it did when it was dark.

Dr Arshad did not mention how many graphs would be needed but assured me he would do whatever would be needed to make me 100% happy with the result.

Clear pictures would be really good thanks. Maybe part your hair so we can see behind your hairline, like you did on your pictures before your transplant. Have to disagree with you about hair colour though. It´s well known that when the contrast between skin and hair is lower the hair looks thicker. You are fair skinned and light hair so will look thicker really. Outside pictures would be great in natural light.

Good to hear you are getting what´s needed. But, it obviously is going to bite into your donor, what is left of it. So, just interested after seeing your first FUE numbers how much you had left and how much is going to be needed for your repair.

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
Hey mate, how's your hair going?
Hi Matt, hair is looking Great and I’ve booked in for my top up at the end of october. I’ll be posting some recent photos this weekend as I’ll be 14 months in

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
60 weeks post HT (14 months) update

I spoke to the clinic last week to book my top up for the end of October to fill in the slightly thinner right temple and middle section of the frontal third. Here are some pictures I took today in harsh front facing bathroom lighting. My hair has never ever been this short on top as I could never get away with it due to my hair loss. As you can see from my picture it looks pretty damn good (well I think so) Can’t wait for the top up as this will certainly put the icing on the cake for my HT.

I’ve also added a before and after so I can see the difference.

Attachments

• CFF7CD09-4079-4EB1-A503-4CC24CB5BB65.jpeg
    CFF7CD09-4079-4EB1-A503-4CC24CB5BB65.jpeg
    62.4 KB · Views: 399
  • BD6B89D5-2900-45DA-94F8-0D3EDBBCE9F7.jpeg
    BD6B89D5-2900-45DA-94F8-0D3EDBBCE9F7.jpeg
    261.4 KB · Views: 311
  • BAA1F5B6-C092-41C4-9DA2-C87DCDE17D3B.jpeg
    BAA1F5B6-C092-41C4-9DA2-C87DCDE17D3B.jpeg
    46.6 KB · Views: 319
  • 6B78771E-269F-4E5A-8675-EFE31C9C59B7.jpeg
    6B78771E-269F-4E5A-8675-EFE31C9C59B7.jpeg
    53.6 KB · Views: 317
  • 20371D87-06CF-4509-A496-7BDB74B9E990.jpeg
    20371D87-06CF-4509-A496-7BDB74B9E990.jpeg
    263.6 KB · Views: 309
  • 86B8AE04-BBB1-415F-BB95-34A2BD42A87B.jpeg
    86B8AE04-BBB1-415F-BB95-34A2BD42A87B.jpeg
    265.8 KB · Views: 313
  • E869A5A9-B56A-497E-9C39-85864CFB4CDB.jpeg
    E869A5A9-B56A-497E-9C39-85864CFB4CDB.jpeg
    286.6 KB · Views: 336
  • 7788B0A7-6B4B-4305-8880-BC52D956BF89.jpeg
    7788B0A7-6B4B-4305-8880-BC52D956BF89.jpeg
    106.4 KB · Views: 356
  • 9CCBB2A8-4001-4F16-988E-5D6CB9F547BE.jpeg
    9CCBB2A8-4001-4F16-988E-5D6CB9F547BE.jpeg
    133.8 KB · Views: 403
M

Matt88

Looks awesome, mate! My long-term aim is to be able to style the front of my hair up just like yours. Taken years off you!

A

Ant4479

Fantastic progress. I've just read your whole story but missed the total cost for the almost 4000 grafts. Did you share the cost?

H

Hoping_for_hair

Looks amazing - like the others have said you look so much younger and looks very natural!

Do you have to have the full shave again for the top up - did you discuss how many grafts you might need?

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
Thank you all so much for the kind words!!! I must admit the HT has totally changed my life and given me so much confidence. I’m off to a wedding Saturday and I’m actually looking forward to the photos for once lol. @Hoping_for_hair Dr Arshad said I don’t have to have the full shave they can put the graphs in between the hairs as it’s just a little top up. It was mentioned I’d probably only need around 400 graphs so not a big procedure at all. @Ant4479 the Hair Dr was £3 per graph

H

Hoping_for_hair

That's great news you don't need to go through the full shave again!

Be interested to see how it goes with the grafts between the longer hair (and how easy it is to hide!)

Good luck with it all!

M

My2021story

Thank you all so much for the kind words!!! I must admit the HT has totally changed my life and given me so much confidence. I’m off to a wedding Saturday and I’m actually looking forward to the photos for once lol. @Hoping_for_hair Dr Arshad said I don’t have to have the full shave they can put the graphs in between the hairs as it’s just a little top up. It was mentioned I’d probably only need around 400 graphs so not a big procedure at all. @Ant4479 the Hair Dr was £3 per graph
Great that they are looking after you.
Are they giving you the top up as part of the original surgery because you aren’t totally happy?

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
Great that they are looking after you.
Are they giving you the top up as part of the original surgery because you aren’t totally happy?
Yes it’s all included in the original surgery cost. When I had my 12 month consultation both Dr Arshad and Sommiya were very caring and stipulated that their mission is for every patient to be 100% happy with the result and that they stand by their clients making sure they achieve the desired result.

M

My2021story

Yes it’s all included in the original surgery cost. When I had my 12 month consultation both Dr Arshad and Sommiya were very caring and stipulated that their mission is for every patient to be 100% happy with the result and that they stand by their clients making sure they achieve the desired result.
You can’t ask for fairer than that.
What sort of density will you get with a top up?

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
The top up is for the thinner patches which will obviously improve the density in these area to match the rest of my hair.

Attachments

• 6F68BDB9-631C-4A83-A6C7-B4D9789EC9FA.jpeg
    6F68BDB9-631C-4A83-A6C7-B4D9789EC9FA.jpeg
    80.7 KB · Views: 344
T

TBH

The top up is for the thinner patches which will obviously improve the density in these area to match the rest of my hair.
Your hair's looking great dude! With the top up as well hopefully you're happy with the end result! My experience at the check up was the same as yours, Sommiya and the doctor spent a good 90 minutes on a late Friday afternoon going over everything with me at about the 11 month mark, and repeated that their main concern was the satisfaction of the patient.