• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

My FUE Hair Transplant Diary so far

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Grooster, the bit which appeared to have less hair is a lot less noticeable now. Once it grows in it may be fine. Time will tell.
Other than that, everything looks good at this stage.
Thanks for the update.

G

grooster

My 3 weeks update photos are here. The Hairpalace requested them yesterday for their checkup. The next check up is in 3 months.I feel as though the shedding phase has just started today. I rubbed the corner where zone 1 meets (or nearly meets, contentious issue) the temples and I could see the hairs on my fingers. I do feel a little thinner on top, but I was ready and prepared for this to happen, it was just good while it lasted.
I just wish they would all go and then I could stop looking in the mirror until they start to grow again in a few months.I m starting to look a little strange and the clinic say I can t cut it until week 4. I just wish I could cut it down to a grade 1 or lower all over now.Everything has settled down in the donor area and the itching has stopped. The redness has died down a little in the recipient area too. So I m just waiting for the long hard slog to the point I see progress now. I'll update the photos in a few weeks when the hair has all dropped out.

Attachments

• AFBD5BA3-9AE3-4297-8FF2-98FCE0FF4EF6.jpeg
    AFBD5BA3-9AE3-4297-8FF2-98FCE0FF4EF6.jpeg
    54.7 KB · Views: 764
G

grooster

Well, I ve shed most of my hair in the last few days. Every time I run my hand over it, I can see the hairs falling out. I ve probably lost about 2/3rds of them and to be honest I wish they would all drop out now.I look a little strange now. I was getting away with it, without wearing a hat until now. With having the hairline worked on and the part behind, it looks strange because the hairline being the thickest and most dense area still has the most hairs and the part behind is very thin and patchy.I decided to cut it all to a grade 1 tonight. The first time I could officially cut it according to the Hairpalace.I feel more self conscience now than I have ever done and really can t wait for this period to be over.I know it s well documented but I don t think anything can prepare you for this period. I came out after the HT with a head of hair the likes I haven t seen for 20 years and then it s all gone again.Anyway I hope the next time I post some images I will have some better news.

Attachments

• 14E52C5D-0C68-4ED4-B72D-FED8737B1635.jpeg
    14E52C5D-0C68-4ED4-B72D-FED8737B1635.jpeg
    47.9 KB · Views: 823
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Everything looks right on track. Soon you`ll be looking like your pre op state. Now it`s just the waiting game, but time does go quickly.
Thanks for the update.

M

Marvel28

Valued member
Hey man, I am currently exactly 2 months post op from having 5500 hairs implanted into my hairline from Hair Palace in Budapest. I know how you feel with regards to the hair falling out. 3 weeks post op my hairline was looking great. However, from week 4-6 all the hair started shedding and falling out and it began to look very strange. What I would recommend is to keep shaving the back of your head and sides to a blade 0.5. Just let it keep growing on top, that's what I have been doing. I mostly wear a hat every time I leave the house. I'm hoping from now on I will be seeing improvements and my hair will gradually start to look normal again.
Take a look at my post on here to see my pics and progress.
Anyways, stick with it man. Happy growing.

G

grooster

Hi Townie100, it s great to hear from you. I ve just taken a look at your thread. It s great to follow somebody that is a month ahead of me from the same clinic. Hopefully you will see some progress in the next month or so and give me a little hope.
Your surgery looked a great success. Yeah I m at the hat stage since the beginning of this week (1 month). I was the most confident in myself than I d been for many years with the new hairline. I was really happy with it. With my HT being a large frontal area, it just looks a bit strange with it going patchy. I ll let the top grow a little longer when 9/10s of the transplanted hair has fallen out but I would look very odd at the moment if I didn t buzz it short.
I just wish I could have got the crown sorted out in one foul swoop but they don t like to do more than 6000/7000 hairs in 2 days. I m hopefully, results considered, going to be back in 12 months for another go.

Keep the photos coming and I ll keep a look out so that I know what to expect in the month ahead.

G

grooster

Hi,
I just thought I d update my progress so far. Nothing much to say other than the shedding has finished. I pretty much lost 90% of the transplanted hair by about week 5.I keep it shaved to a grade 0 just to make it look a little better to the stage where I don t need to wear a hat anymore. The front part looks a lot redder in the photos than it does in real life and I m pretty much happy with the progress so far. The transplanted hairs that are left have thickened up a little and I don t know if it s just my imagination but even my wife thinks that I appear to have more hairs than last week.
I m just looking forward to seeing what happens in the next two months now and fingers crossed I can post a bit more positive progress.

Attachments

• 3C26B7D5-A7A5-4321-98B7-25C0C1977FE3.jpeg
    3C26B7D5-A7A5-4321-98B7-25C0C1977FE3.jpeg
    45.3 KB · Views: 757
M

Marvel28

Valued member
Great update Grooster. Glad to see you are getting on well. I am currently 1 month ahead of you, I am exactly at 3 months now. I am really starting to notice my hair growth, can spot new hairs every single day. Hope you start to see results in the next month or so!

G

grooster

Thanks Townie, yeah, i've been following your progress with interest. Its great see another person thats a month ahead of me, just so that I can get some idea of whats to come. Your growth already looks great with plenty more to come!!

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Hi Friend

Thanks for sharing your HT Journey with us the pictures are great and everything looks as it should be at this stage , wishing your great growth keep positive my friend it will all be worth it .

Take care I care

Daz

the-heff

the-heff

Hi grooster, thanks for sharing your progress, it's looking really good, i think you'll be over the moon by the 6 month mark as it really comes on thick and fast.

The bits you mention may be missed should not be obvious when your hair is longer, but i understand your concertn at this stage.

I'm planning to have my second to get my front done and a few other bits so it's good to see the hair palace is still going strong.

I look forward to see your new photos, and well done, you'll love your new hair :)

G

grooster

Thanks for all the replies guys, it s good to hear from you all. Yes, I m now at week 11 and the growth has definitely started. It s nothing major yet but I can definitely see progress. There are little white whispy type hairs appearing daily. Some have coloured up and some are still white. It really is encouraging so far, but there s a long way to go and my fingers are firmly crossed for the future.Thanks for all your support and I ll post some new photos next week when I m pretty sure it s my 3 month mark. Thanks

Last edited:
G

grooster

Just thought I d update my post. It s now the 3 month stage and I had to take photos to send to the clinic as they requested, so I thought it would be a good time to update my photos on this great forum.
I ve noticed a good amount of growth so far. It started off as white fluff and then thickened and coloured up. I know there s a hell of a long way to go but so far so good. I think things may have started a little early for me and it has already started to thicken a little. It s still noticeable and patchy if you look at me closely but I ve gotten past the embarrassed stage, I just don t care. I m really optomistic about the next few months ahead.
I ve been shaving my head to a grade 0 up until last week just to blend things in a little better but now things have really started to kick in I ve left it to grow this week. I m probably at about a grade 1 now and the newly transplanted hair is growing faster than the rest but I m a little reluctant to cut it back. I m going to try and grow it out a bit more. Now I haven t said that for a good few years!!!!!

Attachments

• F00FE0DC-5E90-4092-B348-3F7050D179D6.jpeg
    F00FE0DC-5E90-4092-B348-3F7050D179D6.jpeg
    39.2 KB · Views: 651
G

grooster

Before and 3 month photo comparison

Attachments

• 1B6410D3-3D82-4FD3-9C45-9716374D5AFB.jpeg
    1B6410D3-3D82-4FD3-9C45-9716374D5AFB.jpeg
    43.2 KB · Views: 672
M

Marvel28

Valued member
Great to see your progress mate. Can already see the outline of your hairline coming in and it looks great. I noticed a huge difference between month 3 and month 4 so hopefully you will notice the same. For me, the growth really started to kick off around week 12. Keep the updates coming!

G

grooster

4 month update.
Hi,Just want to update my photos and show anybody that s interested my progress so far. I think so far, so good. I am happy with the progress but you are never totally happy and you always want more, you get greedy but when I compare my before and after photos so far, I think I ve come quite a distance. The front where the transplant was focused has covered but is still quite thin in places and patchy but hopefully in the coming months this will thicken. There are quite a lot of colourless hairs in there and when they start to colour it hopefully will start to look better.Let me know what you think so far and do you think I ve got anymore growing or do you think I m nearly there. Like I ve said previously I am fully aware I won t get the coverage I need in one HT but I d just like to know if I m on the right track so far.Thanks for looking!!
Photo 1/5

Attachments

• 07A60B16-CC8B-468A-84A5-36608873CA69.jpeg
    07A60B16-CC8B-468A-84A5-36608873CA69.jpeg
    35.8 KB · Views: 606
Last edited:
G

grooster

Back view

Photo 2/5

Attachments

• 1A036A81-6A10-405F-A8CE-0CFA049D14EB.jpeg