• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

My FUE Hair Transplant - UK Hair Transplant Clinics (Manchester)

K

Kingsey

Would you recommend this clinic? Do they have a specific doctor?

G

GarethP

Looks great! I nearly chose HT Clinics myself, looks a decent place.

92AZ

Valued member
Hi guys
Sorry I’ve been away from the forum for a while.
So a bit of an update, in October 2019 I went for my review which the technician that saw me said things looked ok, he expects me to gain more density over the next 6/12 and that he will discharge me.

to be honest overall I am dissatisfied with my outcome as my hair is quite thick and the front where I had the transplant is still, in my opinion, thin. The hairline is also asymmetrical and the peaks ‘peak’ to much and need lowering.
But me being me and not wanting to kick up a fuss left the clinic. However a few months later I rang back and spoke to one of the team saying my hair still isn’t showing any improvement and would like to see them again.

So I returned in March 2020 and saw the same technician. I explained my concerns and he agreed with hesitation that yes it’s still lacking density. However he had a look under the microscope and still expected my hair to increase in density so advised to wait another 5-6 months, and then we’ll review it again.

so I revisited them in November and we mutually agreed I was at around 50-60% coverage when the aim is 80-90%. It was calculated that I would need a further 1020 grafts to achieve the required coverage, and hopefully density. They also kindly agreed that they will reshape the hairline too.

So I have my second procedure next week, I got lucky with a cancellation fortunately. Hoping it goes well.

thanks

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to hear it never turned out as dense as you had hoped and planned for.
You say a technician examined your hair, why? It should be the doctor who makes this examination and decision.
Do you have any clear pictures showing the areas of concern?

92AZ

Valued member
Sorry to hear it never turned out as dense as you had hoped and planned for.
You say a technician examined your hair, why? It should be the doctor who makes this examination and decision.
Do you have any clear pictures showing the areas of concern?
Thanks. Tbh after the first 12 months I sort of knew it wasn’t as dense as it should have been. But I’m hopefully the extra 1000 grafts should sort that.

I don’t, I will upload some. But it’s generally the whole front that’s not as dense as the rest of my hair, and the hair line isn’t symmetrical. The right side peaks too much. But again I’m hopefully all this will get sorted with the added grafts.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hopefully, this 2nd one will sort it.
Any reason why the technician made the diagnosis and not a doctor?

92AZ

Valued member
Hopefully, this 2nd one will sort it.
Any reason why the technician made the diagnosis and not a doctor?
Not sure really. It’s only ever been a surgical technician that’s done the consultations and follow ups. But they send their findings and pics to the consultants to sign off...

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Who is the technician if you don’t mind me asking?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Will you be having a pre op consultation with the doctor before surgery goes ahead?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, that's good you'll see the doctor and have a consult with him prior to surgery. Maybe clarify everything in writing before the date so there's no confusion.
Were you able to take a picture showing what your hairline looks like now?
Do you think you may have lost more native hair since your surgery?

92AZ

Valued member
Ok, that's good you'll see the doctor and have a consult with him prior to surgery. Maybe clarify everything in writing before the date so there's no confusion.
Were you able to take a picture showing what your hairline looks like now?
Do you think you may have lost more native hair since your surgery?
Yes I have confirmation with pictures on how many grafts I require.
I have attached a pic although it’s not the best.
I think yes I may have lost some hair but tbh I don’t think it’s much, as it was pretty clear 12 or so months after the first op that it wasn’t dense enough. Some transplanted hairs may well have failed to grow or come through.

1A73DF8B-23DC-4218-92AC-7C50B0E97683.jpeg
14B28EE5-79C1-4377-A5B2-B6B5B69955FF.jpeg

6E829B20-CA6A-494A-93CC-FC2DF829AC4A.jpeg

R

reddwarf

Looking at your pictures I can relate to your concerns over lack of density. The fact that the technicians do the follow ups would be a huge red flag for me if I was planning on using this clinic. Surely the doctor wasn't too busy to give you five minutes of his time to examine his work.

92AZ

Valued member
Guys do you think an extra 1020 grafts will be enough to achieve the right density? I have attached a pic of my donor area so you can see how my hair thickness/density is usually, and how the front of my hair is too back third and side) BEFORE the first transplant. Bear in mind I’ve not had a haircut in 2 months!
The 1st pic (front) is pre transplant, the second is from last month.

7B948B02-F97F-40FF-ACCF-923785692269.jpeg
CA13BF57-3FA3-4E6F-9B0E-AD083F1C8FD4.jpeg

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I think the 1020 grafts will be enough to refine and add density. Not sure why they did not just say 1000 grafts as it may be slightly more or less.