• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

My hair transplant story with Dr Suneet Soni, combination technique of FUT and FUE - Medispa

G

gyanendra

I underwent hair transplant on 8 Feb 2021 with Dr Suneet Soni and his team at Medispa clinic in Jaipur. This forum has been really helpful and encouraging to make the right choices, proceed to research about the clinics in detail and preparing myself to achieve a hassle free experience.

I would rather keep the details short and sweet without missing the relevant information.

I am Gyanendra, 32 years old basically from city of dreams, Mumbai, India but presently working as a chef in Dubai. My hair loss journey was quite disappointing as if you lose your personality it truly impacts your work life in addition to personal life. It was since last few years the hair loss was progressing and I ignored the initial signs but realized when I could see the receding hairline is broadening my forehead. I could spend a good time with me during the COVID situation, I realized that this is the best time I could start a fresh with a hair transplant.

I would not deny that I didn’t look for options in Dubai or Mumbai but actually I was more in search of a quality clinic at affordable cost. The hair transplant cost in Dubai are touching skies so I couldn’t think of that for sure. Similarly in Mumbai, the reputed ones are like so expensive so I rather prefer to go for the real best across the country which was surprisingly affordable. It was a kind of serendipity as I had just called Medispa to get an idea of hair transplant as the sheer volume of positive reviews from the patients inspired me to find out their specialty. Sooner I realized they are not just the best but affordable too. I booked for an online consult through their website [medispa india dot in] and discussed my problems and got the detailed assessment done by sending my profile photos that were been asked by the team medispa. I cleared all my doubts over the online consult.

I picked up a day to undergo hair transplant and booked my flight tickets. I flew to Jaipur and was been received at the airport by an associate from the clinic. The clinic itself has a classy guest house where I was booked for the stay with arrangement of all possible amenities. So I just felt like crashing in my guest house room and I did for sure. Let’s make it more interesting by framing a timeline of my experience:

One day before surgery (7 Feb 2021):

After resting for a while, work time!

I met a counsellor for discussing about the procedure and my blood sample was collected for the investigations to known my general health. Meanwhile I got an ECG done. Then I met, the one and only Dr Suneet Soni for a physical assessment and to plan the procedure the very next day. I was instructed to wear a buttoned shirt for the surgery so as to avoid displacement of the hair grafts after the procedure which I was been asked during the online consult too. I was given a betadine scrub for head wash in the evening before sleeping and once in the morning before heading to undergo hair transplant.

On the day of surgery (8 Feb 2021):

6 A.M: Good morning sunshine! I got a call for getting ready and having a head wash.

6:30 A.M: I was at the clinic and so were they. Quite punctual! Unexpected! First I got a patch test done for checking the local anesthesia allergies. Then, the procedure started at the assigned time.

7 A.M to 11 A.M: The local anesthesia was administered with few injections all over my scalp and after few minutes I couldn’t feel anything. Until 10 A.M, the slitting procedure was done at the bald area which took about 2 hours. A strip of skin was taken out from the back of the head which was then sent to the technicians for cutting it into further sections to take out the hair grafts under high magnification. I was surprised as I personally saw that dissection thing under high magnification and so many technicians were at work no doubt it was quite fast.

11 A.M to 3 P.M: Once the slitting and FUT harvesting was done, the implantation initiated by a team of implanters. Meanwhile, I was comfortably watching Television. After the implantation of the hair grafts harvested by the FUT technique, lunch was organised by them which was delicious. Trust me as the review is coming from a chef.

3: 30 P.M to around 7 P.M: I was done with my lunch then the team started with the FUE extraction of hair follicles and implantation of the hair grafts extracted in the process. It took around 3 hours in the whole process. I wore a head band while getting discharged as advised to avoid the swelling.

After the procedure I was given instructions which I had to follow for the due time. I was been given a bag of certain essential things like shampoo, lotions and saline spray. Overall, I was comfortable throughout the procedure except for little pain while anesthetizing locally and little discomfort at the end due to prolonged sitting. By the end I found myself wriggling which can be expected by such long duration procedures. I was adviced few pain killers if needed and antibiotics.

After the surgery:

Finally I got to rest after a tedious day. Let’s know what happened after that:

Day 0: I went to my room and thought of crashing on bed. But first I had arranged few pillows for keeping my head at an angle as advised. I had dinner and was asleep.

Day 1: I met a professional who helped me wash my head and counsel me for further head washes. I flew back to my city.

Day 2 – 3: I had some swelling at the forehead for which I tried sleeping over 3 pillows and a rolled towel. It was quite distressing but I wanted to be very cautious to not harm the planted hair follicles by rubbing from the pillow. It didn’t bleed at all so I was relaxed.

Day 3 – 6: On day 3, I had intense feeling of itching and somehow controlled my urge to do so. But somehow I managed by distracting myself in work. Slowly the swelling started to reduce and disappeared till day 6. I could see scabs on the transplantation site. As advised I kept washing the area with the prescribed shampoo.

Day 7 – 10: Washing helped in removal of the scabs from the area. Sooner I could see healed area as could start my routine hair care regime.

First month after surgery: Let’s compare me before and one month after the hair transplant.

IMG_1776.JPG

Before hair transplant
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IMG_2052.JPG

Inter-Op
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IMG_2300.JPG

After one month of hair transplant

IMG_2301.JPG IMG_2302.JPG IMG_2310.JPG IMG_2418.JPG
More Pics of one month :

I am on cloud 9 as I am done with my hair transplant and it’s been around 4 and half months. I have shared my one month results and would definitely share my pictures consecutively. I am truly overwhelmed and optimistic that it is going to turn out incredibly.

Altogether great experience at Medispa clinic. I would totally recommend anyone to Medispa for hair transplant if you too are seeking for the best but affordable hair transplant.

Be in touch with my future posts as the best is yet to come. See you all!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Gyanendra, welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your story.
It looks like you had the frontal two thirds transplanted with a decent number of grafts. Do you know how many grafts you had?
How many were FUT and FUE?
Everything sounds like you had a great experience at the clinic. Your post op healing looked good at one month.
How is your FUT scar and donor area looking?
Could you post your four month update pictures? I’m keen to see your progress.
All the best.
Bm.

G

gyanendra

Hi Gyanendra, welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your story.
It looks like you had the frontal two thirds transplanted with a decent number of grafts. Do you know how many grafts you had?
How many were FUT and FUE?
Everything sounds like you had a great experience at the clinic. Your post op healing looked good at one month.
How is your FUT scar and donor area looking?
Could you post your four month update pictures? I’m keen to see your progress.
All the best.
Bm.
1. Grafts implanted - 4150
2. FUT - 3100 & FUE - 1050
3. My scar is healed completely and there is no visible or noticeable FUT mark.

Month 2: Tada! Its time to share my second month progress. Let’s start with how do I look during month 2 after hair transplant. I have to be patient as hair growth would take sometime but I am optimistic that it is going to be incredible. For now, I am perfectly healthy, no side effects and numbness is all gone so happy me!

My 2nd Month Pics -

IMG_2600.JPG IMG_2601.JPG IMG_2602.JPG IMG_2604.JPG IMG_2656.JPGIMG_2795.JPG IMG_2797.JPG IMG_2800.JPG IMG_2802.JPG

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the graft breakdown.
At 2 months it had healed well, only the lingering redness. It’s good to hear the fut scar is barely visible and there’s no numbness or sides.
I’m looking forward to seeing your next update.

G

gyanendra

My 3 Months Progress : Can you also see my growing hair, it’s pretty exciting. It felt overwhelming that I could see visible hair growth so fast which I didn’t expect. I am guessing it’s the magic of Dr Suneet Soni, but I would save a big thanks to team Medispa for the final results. My patience of 3 months had served me with sweet fruits.

IMG_2949.JPGIMG_2933.JPG IMG_2938.JPG IMG_2940.JPG IMG_3051.JPGIMG_3056.JPG IMG_3053.JPG IMG_3057.JPG IMG_3059.JPG

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Your 3 month progress is looking good with some nice early growth.
How is your donor area looking?

G

gyanendra

Month 4: I feel like a new person, love to look at the mirror. I am sure you can figure out my happiness with this broad smile I am wearing. I feel blessed to have such hair transplant experience as it is way beyond I expected. So far it has turned out incredibly, catch you later with further pictures of my journey of an impeccable hair transplant.

IMG_3204.JPG
IMG_3205.JPG
IMG_3206.JPG
IMG_3207.JPG
IMG_3208.JPG
IMG_3209 4.JPG

G

gyanendra

See my Before After Comparison, I am really happy.....

New Project (27).jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
You`ve had great growth for 4 months. Your donor looks very good. The new hairline frames your face well, makes you look younger and looks natural. No wonder you’re happy so far.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It would be great to see your final update/result.