• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

My HT story

V

Viking

Looking at your before photographs I would say your in a much better situation now than where you began.

The most important aspect for me would be that the surgery produces a natural look and yours has.

Shera

Shera

As expected there is a noticeable aesthetic difference. You still have a a few more months of potential growth left and it won't be up until 18 months before your implanted hairs return back to their natural state. I think you will be able to walk into any room and carry of the look of not being bald.
Could you have done with another 1000 or so grafts to cover that area, Yes, but there is always the option of a second surgery to top up your density if that bothers you further down the line.
The most important thing is that the grafts that were implanted seem to have grown out and ultimately you are happy with your progress.

L

LongGame

Valued member
Thanks for all your comments. I agree with everything said as well. With the amount of grafts I was getting I was realistic enough to want the following: my hair at the front to be less thin.. , my bald crown to be at best thin.. . I'm enjoying the boost to my appearance and self-esteem. I'm much less self conscious now.

Good luck everyone, no matter what stage you are at, in your fight against hair loss

L

LongGame

Valued member
Well I'm almost at a year so I attended DHI on Monday and have some photos for your perusal. Feel free to give your comments.. I'm very happy and the process has met my expectations. Maybe further down the line I'll look to finish what I started - not anytime soon though. Thanks for reading my story and hope I've maybe helped a few people on here.

Attachments

• EA 12 MONTHS (7).JPG
    EA 12 MONTHS (7).JPG
    46 KB · Views: 407
  • BEFORE (3).JPG
    BEFORE (3).JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 377
  • sketch-1561401883019.png
    sketch-1561401883019.png
    587.8 KB · Views: 361
  • sketch-1561401837312.png
    sketch-1561401837312.png
    367.6 KB · Views: 405
  • sketch-1561401941007.png
    sketch-1561401941007.png
    270.9 KB · Views: 369
  • sketch-1561401915496.png
    sketch-1561401915496.png
    264.7 KB · Views: 358
  • sketch-1561401694667.png
    sketch-1561401694667.png
    248 KB · Views: 353
  • sketch-1561401792532.png
    sketch-1561401792532.png
    319 KB · Views: 351
  • BEFORE (7).JPG
    BEFORE (7).JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 352
  • sketch-1561401759227.png
    sketch-1561401759227.png
    364.5 KB · Views: 368
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
For the number of grafts you got, I`d say it is a good realistic result. Your hairline is now visible with a thinner density behind. You had quite a large balding area, so as expected, these grafts have been placed where they were most effective.

Good to hear you are happy. Keep us updated if you go for a second procedure.

All the best.
Bm.

Shera

Shera

Hi LongGame,

The most important thing is that you had realistic expectations and you are happy with your end result. That's what its all about.
Enjoy your new look.

C

Christoph11

Hi Long Game, I wonder if you have any photos in the weeks after your procedure (1 week, 2 , 3 weeks)? I have a not too dissimilar patter of hair loss to what you had and am looking into a subtle procedure to the same areas. I want to do it without shaving the top of my head and wondered how quickly it became unnoticeable that you had anything done?

Results look great in my opinion

L

LongGame

Valued member
I've had a second procedure near the start of July - I'm looking to document it here again shortly. Glasgow again .... this time Dr Bonaros. Pleased with everything so far and look forward to sharing the experience with you all

A_4_Archan

A_4_Archan

Valued member
@LongGame I was just reading your thread from start and i think you first ht was a success ...you got good results considering the number of grafts for the area covered....i wish you also get a good outcome this time and get the desired density....any particular reason why you skipped dhi and went to bonaros this time as you already got a good outcome with dhi...though dr bonaros is well experienced guy and will do good work on you...would love to see your pre,immediate and post of pics..best of luck ..Happy growing and keep updating ...

S

Salazar

I'm looking to document it here again shortly.
I look forward to seeing this. Dr Bonaros has posted some impressive results but, as of yet, not many patients have shared their experiences, so it will be great if you document yours. All the best.

D

DrAhmadChaudhry

Hi, your requirement was around 4000 to 4500 grafts for the front and crown area. As you described above 1827 grafts, these are not enough for the baldness area you showed in the images. Moreover, 1827 grafts ,we can not call it a mega session as most clinics consider it a medium session. Anyway, I hope for the best and the result will meet your expectations.