• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Mythek's Hair Salvage with Dr Mwamba

Mythek1

Mythek1

Valued member
Here are my pictures before the procedure and at 6 days post op. The donor areas had to be taken from numerous areas which is why the op took 20 hours over two days. The red areas in the back view are donor sites.

I'll take some pictures now I'm 5 months post op.

Hair pre-op

hair_front_Before.jpg

hair_front_Before2.jpg

6 Days post op

Back_6_Days_Donor.jpg

Crown_6_Days_Post_2.jpg

Front_6_Days_Post.jpg

6_Day_Top.jpg

Right_6_Days.jpg

Left_6_Days.jpg

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
The obvious questions are:

-did you post somewhere else to describe who did previous work?

-did you post who did this work?

-how many grafts?

Hey dude you certainly have had a hell of a trip with previous work. I have seen some bad donors but they certainly didn't treat you well. This new work should make a hell of a difference and finally get rid of the old hairline. Would like to have seen a little more density possibly but it might be due to not knowing the placement of old work due to shaving and likely this is placed in between. Irregardless, you will be much happier. Has there ever been discussion of what you can do to clean up the donor area??

NN

T.C

T.C

NN, MYTHEK 1 posted his 'story' in hairtransplant topics and Dr Mwamba did his work.

Look forward to seeing how it grows mythek.I think you will want another session for the back top section to balance it out in future and maybe you can get some body hair to help in those donor scars if you decide to down the line as Dr Mwamba uses this technique I believe.Keep the photos coming.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Thanks T.C. I checked out your full story and fully feel for you Mythek. Some of those damn UK clinics were certainly butchers. I can imagine it has been a very challenging road for you.

The good thing is that you have gotten some resolve. This will no doubt alter your life. I can't wait to see some photos when grown out as I think it will totally change your frontal region and give you some normalcy when dealing face to face with people. You will be amazed at the options with hairstyles you'll soon have. Keep in mind that although the 3-4 mm plugs are not the nicest on their own, with work in the hairline to cammo them, they will certainly help to increase density. Odds are there might be some subtle changes needed as it all grows out but it will make a hell of a difference.

In terms of your donor region, I wouldn't rule out 1 large strip session which might be able to lesson the area by 1.5 cm Ofcourse there will be a slight linear scar but a lot less area. Moreover, you could always consider some BHT to cover the rest.

One thing that also might be a very possible option and I know that some people are cringing, but there are some tattoo artists that do amazing work at covering scars in the scalp. It is certainly an option and the lowest cost option. Equally as important as researching a HT clinic however so do a hell of a lot of research and see numerous photos before going down that road. Essentially all they do is conceal by limiting the contrast. Keep in mind you need to also plan for future as your hair turns grey. I don't normally recommend such a thing but in your case your options are limited.

Welcome to the forum. You found a good bunch of caring people.

NN

Mythek1

Mythek1

Valued member
Nervousnelly wrote:
Thanks T.C. I checked out your full story and fully feel for you Mythek. Some of those damn UK clinics were certainly butchers. I can imagine it has been a very challenging road for you.

The good thing is that you have gotten some resolve. This will no doubt alter your life. I can't wait to see some photos when grown out as I think it will totally change your frontal region and give you some normalcy when dealing face to face with people. You will be amazed at the options with hairstyles you'll soon have. Keep in mind that although the 3-4 mm plugs are not the nicest on their own, with work in the hairline to cammo them, they will certainly help to increase density. Odds are there might be some subtle changes needed as it all grows out but it will make a hell of a difference.

In terms of your donor region, I wouldn't rule out 1 large strip session which might be able to lesson the area by 1.5 cm Ofcourse there will be a slight linear scar but a lot less area. Moreover, you could always consider some BHT to cover the rest.

One thing that also might be a very possible option and I know that some people are cringing, but there are some tattoo artists that do amazing work at covering scars in the scalp. It is certainly an option and the lowest cost option. Equally as important as researching a HT clinic however so do a hell of a lot of research and see numerous photos before going down that road. Essentially all they do is conceal by limiting the contrast. Keep in mind you need to also plan for future as your hair turns grey. I don't normally recommend such a thing but in your case your options are limited.

NN

Hi NN

Sorry here is a link to my previous thread:

http://hairlossexperiences.com/view_topic.php?id=54&forum_id=2

It was Dr Mwamba in Brussells. We talked about density before the procedure. Because of the scarring in the recipient area he didn't want to overdue things because of the blood supply. He said I should have another procedure to touch things up. But I'm quite happy with the way things are starting to look.

The density may look less because the gratfs are between existing plugs.

He put 2,200 grafts in the frontal third - singles in the hairline and 2's and 3's elsewhere. He put 150 in the crown just to give a small amount of coverage.

Last edited:
Mythek1

Mythek1

Valued member
T.C wrote:
NN, MYTHEK 1 posted his 'story' in hairtransplant topics and Dr Mwamba did his work.

Look forward to seeing how it grows mythek.I think you will want another session for the back top section to balance it out in future and maybe you can get some body hair to help in those donor scars if you decide to down the line as Dr Mwamba uses this technique I believe.Keep the photos coming.
I think you are right T.C. But I'm afraid it's a decision which will come down to money. :whatever:

Mythek1

Mythek1

Valued member
Mythek1 wrote:

NN
Hi NN

Thanks for your reply. :)

It was Dr Mwamba in Brussells who carried out the procedure as TC mentioned. We talked about density before the op. Because of the scarring in the recipient area he didn't want to overdue things because of the blood supply. He said I should have another procedure to touch things up. But I'm quite happy with the way things are starting to look.

The density may look less because the gratfs are between existing plugs. The doc reconed I had 60% coverage in the area, although unfortunately some of the grafts had failed.

He put 2,200 grafts in the frontal third - singles in the hairline and 2's and 3's elsewhere. He put 150 in the crown just to give a small amount of coverage.
I think the tatoo idea has some merit and I have investigated this. The artist can actually 'draw' shadows of hairs to add to the effect.

Last edited:
Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
It might be worth trying a small area with a tattoo and see what it looks like. If it does the trick you can go ahead and keep doing more and more or all of it. It might prove to be the answer for your donor area. After that you would be golden.

NN

Mythek1

Mythek1

Valued member
Nervousnelly wrote:
It might be worth trying a small area with a tattoo and see what it looks like. If it does the trick you can go ahead and keep doing more and more or all of it. It might prove to be the answer for your donor area. After that you would be golden.

NN

Cheers NN

I guess I'll have to make the choice between body hair FUE or a tatoo if I want to keep my hair short. But I think my hair just about covers the scarring when its longer.

BTW re a strip procedure, the laxity at the back of my head isn't particularly good.

T.C

T.C

Mythek,you are right,FUE is expensive and I am saving up myself to have another session that could be some years away.Its good to know you will have options in future if want more work.Look forward to seeing the results after 9-12 months.

Baldspot

Baldspot

Valued member
I've heard of tattooing being mentioned before. A couple of downsides I've heard of is that the tattoo mark(s) blur over time due to your skin renewing itself and they can tend to go a greenish colour.

Mythek1

Mythek1

Valued member
Cheers for the link Shang and your comment Baldspot.

I have done a bit of googling and I did come across a case where some guys head went green. There has to be a down side to everything.:whatever:

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
Guess, another reason why research is so key, having a green head would not be cool.

Shang

Attachments

• Shrek.jpg
    Shrek.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 6,821
Last edited:
Mythek1

Mythek1

Valued member
Shang wrote:
Guess, another reason why research is so key, having a green head would not be cool.

Shang

LOL! Yes but think of the women I could attract.

9681.jpg

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
Hi all..

Tattooing was an option that I have thought about several times with regard to helping cover donor scaring... I had wondered if it could act like a form of dermatch..

Some time ago I found a web-site showing tattooing that had been very successful in covering up all sort of scaring and birth marks etc... Have been trying to find the site for some time now but cant...

This is something that I would seriously consider...

It would be great if anyone has any further info on this..

Tim

Last edited:
timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
Mythek..

Forgot this was your thread... sorry..

Anyway.. just wanted to say how pleased I am for you.. being a victim of a UK clinic I can understand how bad those butchers can mess a life up... and to be honest mine was not half as bad as what they did to you...

Great to see you well on your way mate... all the best

Tim

Mythek1

Mythek1

Valued member
timuk wrote:
Mythek..

Forgot this was your thread... sorry..

Anyway.. just wanted to say how pleased I am for you.. being a victim of a UK clinic I can understand how bad those butchers can mess a life up... and to be honest mine was not half as bad as what they did to you...

Great to see you well on your way mate... all the best

Tim

Cheers Tim

It seems not all tattoos end up green especially with modern inks. Semi permanent make up could be the answer and lasts a couple of years:

http://www.smudge-free.co.uk/gallery-male-page-1.html

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
Mythek1

I think this must be the case as a lot of women are having permanent eye brow tatooing and there seems a great deal of info on this on the net.

Shang

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Looking good Mythek1

I`m glad you are on the road to recovery and Dr Mwambas work looks very good on you.

Heal and grow well mate.

Cheers bm.