• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Need advice on FUE into FUT scar repair!

K

k-dog

Hi, Wanted to know about FUE into FUT scar. Does anyone have any info on how effective this can be due to possible poor blood suply! Had an FUT procedure back in 2011 and been left with the scar that really bothers me as can't have my hair very short. Does anyone recommend any clinics in the UK that take on this type of repair work. Any advice would be much appreciated.

P

Philwhitehouseuk

I had 350 fue into my scar
It did delute the scar abit but it still noticable
U need at least 3 to 4 passes to hide it I think and the more u have it generates more blood supply so it makes the grafts grow better
My opinion u really need smp combo with fue to hide a strip scar to look it's best
That's if u want to go really short

K

k-dog

I had 350 fue into my scar
It did delute the scar abit but it still noticable
U need at least 3 to 4 passes to hide it I think and the more u have it generates more blood supply so it makes the grafts grow better
My opinion u really need smp combo with fue to hide a strip scar to look it's best
That's if u want to go really short
Thanks for your insight in this topic. Did you have it done in the UK?

J

johnmc

Hi, Wanted to know about FUE into FUT scar. Does anyone have any info on how effective this can be due to possible poor blood suply! Had an FUT procedure back in 2011 and been left with the scar that really bothers me as can't have my hair very short. Does anyone recommend any clinics in the UK that take on this type of repair work. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Looking into this myself at the minute. Mostly sent enquiries to some of more respected Belgian clinics and Maitland in England.

P

Philwhitehouseuk

Yeah I had it done at a fue europe meeting in manchester last year I think it was
Cant remember the 2 surgeons who did it
I know that the maitland clinic in Portsmouth are good
Dr edward ball is the surgeon very good

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Most clinics will be able to lift your hair up, shave a strip or two and extract enough grafts to plant into your scar. Shaving is only required when the surgery is over a certain size.

K

k-dog

Looking into this myself at the minute. Mostly sent enquiries to some of more respected Belgian clinics and Maitland in England.
I have had an online consultation regarding further HT in the future with David Anderson. Its reassuring to know the Maitland clinic is one of the more ethical clinics out there! David advised me to get on Finasteride first if i was considering future HT work and that having FUE into scar is something you might consider if you were finishing your HT journey.

K

k-dog

Yeah I had it done at a fue europe meeting in manchester last year I think it was
Cant remember the 2 surgeons who did it
I know that the maitland clinic in Portsmouth are good
Dr edward ball is the surgeon very good
How was the result? Did you have any SMP also? Maitland keeps croping up in various discussions on here so very reasuring to know. Also from my own experience with online consult with Patients adviser David Anderson they seem excellent.

K

k-dog

Most clinics will be able to lift your hair up, shave a strip or two and extract enough grafts to plant into your scar. Shaving is only required when the surgery is over a certain size.
Thanks for the info Bigmac.

P

Philwhitehouseuk

That is excellent advice from David Anderson
He knows his stuff
If anybody wants a hair transplant they have to be on finesteride first as it saves alot of heartache
I would try a couple of small fue surgeries into the scar
Then have smp into scar to finish it all off

M

mania

yeah it's excllent that an experinced physician or surgeon advice you what to do ..

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi K-dog, did you decide on any particular option?