• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Need advice

N

Norwood2-3

So I did a consultation with 3 clinics in Turkey:

Asli Tarcan
Hair Of Instanbul
Dr.Cinik

Now I’m a Norwood 2-3 and Cinik told me I only needed 2000-2500 grafts max to fix my hair loss progress.

I initially was going with Asli Tarcan due to all of the African American work they have done as I see that they work with my race more than any other clinic and they also show good results.

But I keep hearing they overharvest and now with Dr.Cinik telling me I only need 2000-2500 grafts max to do my procedure,I’m starting to rethink as I’ve heard that Asli takes up to 4K minimum no matter how far along you are and with me not needing that many I’m not sure what to do. And if they were to still take 4K could I use it elsewhere like my beard? For those that have been there and did this already

Any advice? Thanks for all that comment

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have any pictures of your hair loss so we can compare the amount of grafts you were quoted?
How old are you and are you on any type of hair loss prevention regimen?
Both Cinik and Hair of Istanbul use tech teams. Depending on their skill level and Doctor involvement results may vary.
With you being African American you're more prone to FUE scars being visible. Looking at Aski Tarcan site they claim " since the latest techniques are practiced, no scarring occurs". This is incorrect and misleading.
They claim to be the worlds leading clinic, maybe in their own eyes.

N

Norwood2-3

Yes I do would you like me to post them? And I am 32 and no I’ve never tried saving my hair.

And yes I as I said was going with Asli and that was that but I starting hearing and seeing a lot that they over harvest and they said around 4K,but Cinik and HOI both said around 2k-2.5k . Now someone else said Asli overharvest to double up in the transplanted areas,not sure how true that is though.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, if you could add your pictures please.
Your donor hair is precious. If you are hearing the clinic uses way too many grafts than what are needed then that in itself could be a potential red flag telling you it's not the clinic for you.

Preventing further loss should be explored. You have more chance of your hair transplant being a success if you've stopped or slowed it down.

N

Norwood2-3

Yes, if you could add your pictures please.
Your donor hair is precious. If you are hearing the clinic uses way too many grafts than what are needed then that in itself could be a potential red flag telling you it's not the clinic for you.

Preventing further loss should be explored. You have more chance of your hair transplant being a success if you've stopped or slowed it down.
Yes well the pictures are below you can tell me what you think. Thanks.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It looks as though you have only slightly receded in your temple corners. What are you wanting to achieve with a hair transplant and where were they proposing to plant the grafts quoted to you?
Did they send a diagram with the area marked and numbered?

N

Norwood2-3

It looks as though you have only slightly receded in your temple corners. What are you wanting to achieve with a hair transplant and where were they proposing to plant the grafts quoted to you?
Did they send a diagram with the area marked and numbered?
Nope no diagram but they all said they’d lower my line a bit,obviously fill in my corners and touch the temples up. I just want a normal hairline again that’s what I’m hoping to achieve,they all said I’m not at a bad stage so the procedure should be good on top of me having a strong donor area and naturally thick and curly hair

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I personally would not go for any of the options they’ve offered. Your right temple looks to have receded a bit more than the left.
Your hairline height looks ok.
I would fill in the temple corners, strengthen the temple points if needed and possibly you may need some in your existing hairline.
At a guess I’d say no more than 1000 grafts to accomplish this.
Your hair texture will help meaning fewer grafts are required.
You may want to consult with some other doctors, maybe try for an in person consultation with a decent clinic in your area.

N

Norwood2-3

I personally would not go for any of the options they’ve offered. Your right temple looks to have receded a bit more than the left.
Your hairline height looks ok.
I would fill in the temple corners, strengthen the temple points if needed and possibly you may need some in your existing hairline.
At a guess I’d say no more than 1000 grafts to accomplish this.
Your hair texture will help meaning fewer grafts are required.
You may want to consult with some other doctors, maybe try for an in person consultation with a decent clinic in your area.
Yea Dr.Cinik just actually sent me an updated email and this time they said now I’d only need 2k as opposed to them first saying 2000-2500 and HOI saying 3k

But this what I’m thinking and you can correct me if I’m wrong,if they overharvest are they doubling up the grafts in certain spots in order to use all of the grafts taken and that possibly could make your results better and your hair more dense?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Ask them to be more specific and mark out on your picture the areas they will plant and how many grafts will go in these areas. For example, how many in each temple corners, if they plan to lower your hairline, how far will they lower it.

Over harvest usually refers to your donor area being damaged. What you’re asking is what will they do with extra grafts if they extract too many. For example, if you only need one thousand grafts and they extract 2000.

Planting at high density has risks associated with it. One being not enough blood supply to the grafts resulting in poor yield.

N

Norwood2-3

Ask them to be more specific and mark out on your picture the areas they will plant and how many grafts will go in these areas. For example, how many in each temple corners, if they plan to lower your hairline, how far will they lower it.

Over harvest usually refers to your donor area being damaged. What you’re asking is what will they do with extra grafts if they extract too many. For example, if you only need one thousand grafts and they extract 2000.

Planting at high density has risks associated with it. One being not enough blood supply to the grafts resulting in poor yield.
Hmmmm I will definitely contact them and see if they can mark out the areas for sure

And do you think not enough blood supply is a reason some people’s transplants aren’t successful sometimes?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, not enough can cause problems resulting in poor yield

Doctor.hair

Doctor.hair

So I did a consultation with 3 clinics in Turkey:

Asli Tarcan
Hair Of Instanbul
Dr.Cinik

Now I’m a Norwood 2-3 and Cinik told me I only needed 2000-2500 grafts max to fix my hair loss progress.

I initially was going with Asli Tarcan due to all of the African American work they have done as I see that they work with my race more than any other clinic and they also show good results.

But I keep hearing they overharvest and now with Dr.Cinik telling me I only need 2000-2500 grafts max to do my procedure,I’m starting to rethink as I’ve heard that Asli takes up to 4K minimum no matter how far along you are and with me not needing that many I’m not sure what to do. And if they were to still take 4K could I use it elsewhere like my beard? For those that have been there and did this already

Any advice? Thanks for all that comment
All i can say to you my friend is to be careful personally i was working in Asli Tarcan. Even you can see all the smile and stuff like that they are ghosts, dangerous with their patients and their employees. She will show you that she is very welcoming but the during the operation she will say to the nurses which are just students to do what they want. Without forgetting that they're lying about what they make as grafta. I was working with too many clients clinics they do the same and now I'm working free while being with my patients during all the process to not make anyone make something bad for my patients. Be careful bro..

T

Teh Daddeh

Valued member
Yes well the pictures are below you can tell me what you think. Thanks.
I don't think that you need a HT at all from these pics!

It just goes to show you that we are all on our own journey with our own requirements etc.

N

Norwood2-3

I don't think that you need a HT at all from these pics!

It just goes to show you that we are all on our own journey with our own requirements etc.
I definitely need one lol maybe not as bad as others but my hair is not the same as it used to be

N

Norwood2-3

All i can say to you my friend is to be careful personally i was working in Asli Tarcan. Even you can see all the smile and stuff like that they are ghosts, dangerous with their patients and their employees. She will show you that she is very welcoming but the during the operation she will say to the nurses which are just students to do what they want. Without forgetting that they're lying about what they make as grafta. I was working with too many clients clinics they do the same and now I'm working free while being with my patients during all the process to not make anyone make something bad for my patients. Be careful bro..
I inboxed you

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member

Can you provide proof that you were an employee and back up your claims? Otherwise I will edit them out