• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Online HT Consultations

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
Online Consultations[/b][/b]

I thought I would add this to the new forum just to show how online consultations with a variety of HT doctors and clinics can differ somewhat. I sent the pictures as seen to a number of HT doctors and clinics before Xmas just to ascertain how many grafts I would need to fill in my temples which have slightly receded and to bolster my hairline (I realise my hair loss is minimal). As you can see there is a diverse range of graft approximations ranging from 600 grafts up to 2500 grafts. I think we came to the conclusion on the old forum that such a diverse range of graft approximations may be down to the fact that it is difficult to assess ones situation by photos alone. Furthermore, doctors are of course different and a number may be more aggressive, anticipating further hair loss.

Doctor/Clinic Grafts

Dr Feller 1000 Grafts

H & W 1500 Grafts

HDC 2000 €“ 2500 Grafts

Dr Rahal 2500 Grafts

Dr Cole 600 Grafts

Dr Alexander 1800 €“ 2000 Grafts

Prohair Clinic 1500 €“ 1800 Grafts

Dr Lindsay 1200 Grafts

SMG 800 - 1000 Grafts

Shang

Last edited:
Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
Me 1

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 696
josh

josh

Valued member
shang,

What age are you? I'm guessing you're relatively young and in my opinion you should really hold off on a transplant right now.

To be honest i'm surprised most of these docs said they'd operate on you.

I see the areas you want filled but your hair is so strong that i don't think it'll make much of a cosmetic difference to you.

Are you on the meds?

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
Hi Shang..

I would second what Josh says.... I think your hairloss is so minimal and knowing what I do now if I were you I would wait..

But... its you hair and we all know what even a small amount of loss can do to confidence etc etc.....

If your not on any meds.... get on them now mate..

All the best in whatever you decide..

Cheers

Tim :)

F

fcukbald

Interesting thread its funny how you could get so many different graft numbers from different surgeons but i guess they all do their work in their own ways.c;;9

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
Josh,

I €™m 29, and on proscar chap, and my sexual orientation is straight. My objective of being on this forum and others is to research, research, and research thus I like hearing opinions about my degree of hair loss as it helps me to contemplate my own situation or whether a HT is sensible. I am going to wait and not rush into anything as I €™ve been researching a year already, although I feel that in the end a HT is imminent somewhere down the line. TimUk, it €™s very weird how slight hair loss can effect one, I suppose it €™s the society we live in today, plus I €™m pretty vain anyway. Fcukbold, yeah the different amount of grafts is interesting, although the differences may be attributed to that great debate that some clinics can do more with a smaller number of grafts than others.

Thanks

Shang

Last edited:
josh

josh

Valued member
shang,

you seem to be going about it in the right way. I'm kind of in the same boat as you in that i still have a lot of native hair but with a diffuse horseshoe pattern emerging.

The meds have stabilised my loss completely and to such an extent that people would probably tell me to hold off on a procedure if i posted pics.

I'm 36 and can tell you that hairloss bothers me a lot less now than when i was 29. Of course if i was a full blown norwood 6 that would be a different story.

good luck in whatever you decide.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
I don't want to contradict myself from what I posted prior, but these numbers don't really surprise me too much. I would have expected H&W to be a lot higher though as quite often I believe that there is somewhat of a disregard for native hair and they make assumption that it will be shed in future so therefore blast away. Not necessarily a shot at them as who can contest their stellar results. Otherwise I can see the other figures and they seem to be what I would expect.

Keep in mind that you could submit the exact same pics again and get totally different figures depending on the frame of mind of the physician at that moment.

NN

Last edited: