• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Recipient Scarring?

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member

Probably a stupid question from me as usual, but anyways here I go again. Evidently, incisions are made into the recipient area in order to plant the grafts. My question is. €œIs there any visible scarring in the recipient area, once the HT has healed, where the grafts have been placed? € i.e. where the incisions were made. Hope that makes sense. My assumption is no there isn €™t any visible scarring. (talking in terms of top surgeons performing the HT, not Mickey Mouse surgeons).

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
IMO if a doc and his staff are fully trained and good at what they do there should be no visible signs of scarring.

If the incisions are too small for the grafts to fit into this can cause a cobblestone look which in effect you will have that scarred look.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Or if the grafts are big and planted in too deep it can cause the pitted look.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Any clinics got any example pictures of this.

J

JJ09

I can testify to the pitting result from too larger grafts being placed! ;ss;

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
JJ09 any chance you can post a close up shot of your pitting

J

JJ09

No worries bm

The procedure that left me with pitting was performed in 1990 too larger grafts (3 and 4 hairs) were placed in incision that were not microscopic. In 2004 I had the offending grafts removed via an FUE procedure and replaced with skin grafts excised from behind my ears, the pitting is still there, however the appearance is greatly improved! ;)

Attachments

• P1010.jpg
    P1010.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,204