• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Started taking dutasteride and minoxidil yesterday and I'm feeling my nipples really sensitive. What to do?

E

Eric S

From what I've read, tenderness of the breasts is a red flag that dutasteride will give you Gynecomastia if you keep taking it. So what should I do now? Stop taking dustasteride and wait until the side effect vanishes, then give finasteride a chance? Keep in mind I've only taken one dusta pill so far.

Thanks for the advice.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
If I were you I’d try Finasteride first. Possibly start with a lower dosage of 0.5mg per day. I’d also check with your prescriber what their option is on the tenderness.

E

Eric S

If I were you I’d try Finasteride first. Possibly start with a lower dosage of 0.5mg per day. I’d also check with your prescriber what their option is on the tenderness.
Thanks for the response. Do you think I risk getting side effects or crashing if I just stop for now and wait?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It is possible you’ve had an adverse reaction to the one pill. Best thing to do is speak with a doctor who knows about Dut. I doubt you will suffer any prolonged effect from it. There are topical options available which are suppose to have a lesser chance of sides.