• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Tattoo over scar (not smp)

J

Jimbob13

Those are pretty serious tattoos which could impact on future employment options, not that they should but there is a chance they would.
Pretty covered in tattoos. So any future employer if there is a problem it’s a bit late for that. Lol. I am more worried if it would cover the scar successfully

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Ok. As you have lived with it for so long, maybe a small tattoo test to see how it takes. Then you will be in a better position to make the decision.

Shera

Shera

Hi Jimbob,

You also need to take into account that a serious tattoo will actually draw a persons eye towards the area where your scar is therefore it could potentially have the opposite effect you want it to.

Kindest Regards

Shera - UK Representative and Patient Adviser for Dr. Tejinder Bhatti
UK Email : [email protected]
UK Freephone : 0800 634 8588
WhatsApp Call/Message: +44 7708 018667

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice

J

Jimbob13

This has affected me so much through my life I just want it gone even if it means big tattoo on back of head

J

Jimbob13

Hi Jimbob,

You also need to take into account that a serious tattoo will actually draw a persons eye towards the area where your scar is therefore it could potentially have the opposite effect you want it to.

Kindest Regards

Shera - UK Representative and Patient Adviser for Dr. Tejinder Bhatti
UK Email : [email protected]
UK Freephone : 0800 634 8588
WhatsApp Call/Message: +44 7708 018667

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice
Think Its pretty hard not to draw eye to it as it is don’t you. !

Shera

Shera

Think It's pretty hard not to draw eye to it as it is don’t you. !

Yes, I get your point, but about 300-350 beard grafts into it and a bit more length to the hair just above it will do a pretty good job of hiding it altogether.

J

Jimbob13

Yes, I get your point, but about 300-350 beard grafts into it and a bit more length to thh hair just above it will do a pretty good job of hiding it altogether.
I have not seen any evidence of good results into a scar this wide and the yield of hair into scars is always unpredictable

scepticsausage

scepticsausage

Your scar would have to be very flat for it to be completely disguised even with a tattoo in my opinion.

J

Jimbob13

Your scar would have to be very flat for it to be completely disguised even with a tattoo in my opinion.
Well it is 18yrs old white and seems pretty flat to me. No lumps or bumps. Surely it’s got to look better than already got !

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Here are some of my pictures from scar repairs. I had two HT scars and the vertical scar that parted my hair.

First picture of extractions
Second is showing incisions and grafts placed into vertical scar
The third is 8 days post op to show healing
Fourth is 28 days post op, you can clearly see the vertical scar
The fifth is 44 days post op showing all my scars

I`ve had scar revision on the HT scars and FUE placed into them.
I usually have my hair at a grade 3. You can`t see the scars.
My hair is a little longer right now. I`ll have someone take a picture tomorrow in daylight to show you.
Then I`ll add another when I get my hair cut.

fuedonor.jpgSlide3.jpg8dayspostop.jpg28dayspostophairwet.jpg44dayspostop2buzz.jpg

J

Jimbob13

Here are some of my pictures from scar repairs. I had two HT scars and the vertical scar that parted my hair.

First picture of extractions
Second is showing incisions and grafts placed into vertical scar
The third is 8 days post op to show healing
Fourth is 28 days post op, you can clearly see the vertical scar
The fifth is 44 days post op showing all my scars

I`ve had scar revision on the HT scars and FUE placed into them.
I usually have my hair at a grade 3. You can`t see the scars.
My hair is a little longer right now. I`ll have someone take a picture tomorrow in daylight to show you.
Then I`ll add another when I get my hair cut.

View attachment 9642View attachment 9643View attachment 9644View attachment 9645View attachment 9646
It’s a bit hard to make heads or tails of. So is the last picture the previous strip scars after transplanted hair has been put into them ? And what is the third picture, is that a scar or where they have extracted the hair to put into strip scars ?

J

Jimbob13

Would be good to see if you had any pictures of your strip scars before the revisions and hair put into them to compare the results ?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Scars in those pictures, one scar was revised at that time, then I had fue grafts placed in revised scar and the vertical scar. A year later I had the other scar revised. The third picture shows the donor extraction area healing

J

Jimbob13

Scars in those pictures, one scar was revised at that time, then I had fue grafts placed in revised scar and the vertical scar. A year later I had the other scar revised. The third picture shows the donor extraction area healing
If I’m being honest mate. I can still see that you have scars and the vertical one doesn’t look like it has yielded anything but I don’t know how bad your scars were before revisions. To me it seems like another procedure to take hairs out through fue which in itself causes small scars and can leave hair thinner in the donor area and the risk for me of scar revision is too high as could end up worse off with scar stretching out further. And I know u say your hair is usually longer but the whole point for me would be to shave hair down and can’t see that being achieved through more hair transplants. If I could garauntee the tattoo completely camouflaging scar I would do that all the way but it’s just the not really knowing until u do it.

W

wylie

Valued member
Those tattoos are ridiculous, and in ten years you'll be wishing you just had a strip scar.

J

Jimbob13

Those tattoos are ridiculous, and in ten years you'll be wishing you just had a strip scar.
That is your opinion. And if u have nothing positive to say on the matter then why bother. If it covers my scar for me personally that it a bonus. Rather have someone looking at a tattoo and thinking he just had a tattoo on his head which is quite common this day and age than looking at a huge scar and thinking what the hell had happened to him !

J

Jimbob13

So had head shaved down today ready for tattoo tomorrow. You can see previous smp dots all around scar and not much seems to have taken into scar. For some reason I think scar looks narrower now it’s been shaved down than when hair was longer.

Attachments

• 4FF100F7-7368-49EB-B0BF-7CFEB454781E.png
    4FF100F7-7368-49EB-B0BF-7CFEB454781E.png
    536.4 KB · Views: 488
  • C4A11C77-BB36-4348-B87C-877BC2A492FF.png
    C4A11C77-BB36-4348-B87C-877BC2A492FF.png
    473.7 KB · Views: 468