• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Tattoo over scar (not smp)

escar

escar

Hi Jimjob, sorry, I had missed pages 2 and 3 of this thread when I replied...

Ok I saw your tattoo, looks great, congratulations!

Regards

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
You can’t make out anything there mate to be fair. Would be nice to see scar before repair to see difference if u have pic
Will try and find one for you buddy might take me a while though because if I did take one it would have been a long time ago (dont tend to take pics of my scar) so will have to try and find one.....will have a look though for you.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Jimbob
Below 1st pic is my scar before Shapiro medical repaired it by scar revision.

2nd pic is my scar revision.

3rd pic shows scar a few months after at grade 2 length (note it's still red as it wasnt long after surgery but shows it's still visible if I go too short.

4th pic shows it's totally disguised if I go anything above grade 2

Finally 5th pic shows really short with SMP which you've seen.

Shapiro did an amazing job to be fair as I can go pretty short without the SMP but with it I'm able to go super short.

Attachments

escar

escar

Hi Bullitnut, looks great now, congratulations, you deserve to forget about this *******, me, I'm on it also...

Shera

Shera

Hi Jimbob,

Congratulations, the tattoo looks awesome.

It does a great job of masking the scar and I think you educated us all on here.

Cheers

E

EverTheOptimist

Hi Jimbob,

I just wanted to say thank you for sharing your experience and posting photo's here, I am actually in a similar situation to you only I had an FUE and want to be able to shave my hair down, I didn't get the results I wanted from the hair transplant and just want out now and have exactly the same idea as you.. tattooing the back of my head! your tattoo came out amazing and I am actually surprised how well it covered, looks great! Are you happy with it? I'm in the process of looking for designs that I like.. I actually only registered on here to reply to you as this thread has given me hope that I can be free again.

R

Risingforehead

Hi Jimbob,

I just wanted to say thank you for sharing your experience and posting photo's here, I am actually in a similar situation to you only I had an FUE and want to be able to shave my hair down, .
I was under the impression people chose FUE over FUT so they could shave their hair down after surgery. Why do you need a tattoo if you haven't got a strip scar?