• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Tattoo over scar (not smp)

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Some of the dots are visible in the scar but not enough to make a difference, maybe another pass would have been more successful.
If you go ahead with the head tattoo, I hope it works well for you and makes you feel better about yourself.
Like me, Wylie is a repair victim, I believe his comments are out of concern for you as he thinks you could be making a bad choice, there`s no malice intended. At the end of the day, it is your choice which path you take. I hope the forum has helped you and hope you keep us updated on your tattoo.

All the best with it.
Bm.

J

Jimbob13

Some of the dots are visible in the scar but not enough to make a difference, maybe another pass would have been more successful.
If you go ahead with the head tattoo, I hope it works well for you and makes you feel better about yourself.
Like me, Wylie is a repair victim, I believe his comments are out of concern for you as he thinks you could be making a bad choice, there`s no malice intended. At the end of the day, it is your choice which path you take. I hope the forum has helped you and hope you keep us updated on your tattoo.

All the best with

J

Jimbob13

All the best with it.
Bm.
Just seems like he is coming across the wrong way to me. Everyone has different preferences and opinions and there is a way of saying them. We are all in bad ways due to previous surgeries and my main reason for posting in first place was to find out if anyone has tried the tattoo option and if they think it could work. Doesn’t matter if they feel they wouldn’t do it was just asking for the advice and feedback if it could work. With regards to the smp surrounding scar I think it has made it worse if anything as it is darker and seems to draw more attention to scar as u can see there have been dots placed there. That’s why I’m hoping a nicely designed tattoo would just look like a piece of art on head with the bonus of covering scar Instead of a load of dots that you can see aren’t realistic. Just my opinion and might be wrong. But soon find out tomorrow. Don’t mean to upset anyone just trying to find my best option for ending this misery of a shit scar !

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
The dots do stand out around the scar. It does not seem to be blended in.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing your tattoo and how the ink has taken into the scar tissue.

J

Jimbob13

So. Decided to go through with it and am so glad I can finally say I am rid of the awful scar that has been getting me down for 15 yrs. I understand that not everyone will like this and think I am worse off and stuck with it for life etc. But for me personally as I have a lot of tattoos it just looks like another piece of art on my body and I know it is a bit extreme on the head but plan is to grow hair down over nearly half that tattoo and can now shave rest as low as want without worrying about that terrible strip scar. I understand this won’t be for everyone but for me to go down the route of trying various different things like scar revisions and beard transplants and fue into scar just seemed like lengthy processes that would be very costly and risky and in the end wouldn’t in my opinion achieve the results of concealing scar as well as this. I am not saying that people shouldn’t look into those avenues for repair as everyone is different but for me I can finally try and put this in past and move on and not worry about trying to cover scar or going in swimming pools and being anxious etc. Instead it’s just another tattoo where in this day and age most people walking around have. Thanks for everyone’s advice previously and hope you can all achieve what results that your happy with to move on as I know how much this can get people down......

J

Jimbob13

69320B76-8E7C-435C-96FE-6995B01A5F72.jpeg
1AA985A7-78F2-42E3-A9F3-1A1299F5FB8E.png
15D61147-1C70-432B-90EE-7A9AD6E213B3.png

Attachments

• F8B8B517-4822-4856-AC78-9EB672FCE0DB.png
    F8B8B517-4822-4856-AC78-9EB672FCE0DB.png
    536.4 KB · Views: 237
P

philwuk

Hello I am new to this forum
I have 2 strip scars as well
I had fue put into the low scar ie pics
I'm gonna see how I get on with that
If I'm not happy I might go down the same route as you, but not as extreme ha, but I think it looks really cool
I know too well about strip scars
They look horrible
At least u can move on now
Good on you.

Dr. Feller Strip Scar.jpg

J

Jimbob13

As I said. It’s not for everyone but would prefer it too the scar. For me if my scar was as high as yours as in the top one you could still grow your hair over that and shave below if bottom scar heals up well for nice hair do. For me personally it was just the inconsistency of the results achieved through hair being put into scars and revisions etc and didn’t want to go through all that again after 4 bad experiences in the industry. I hope it all works out well for you tho. At the end of the day it’s whatever makes us happy with it ourselves. This seems to have covered mine and is like a weight off my shoulders. Good luck.

W

wylie

Valued member
Jimbob, now that your strip scar is nicely camouflaged, are you considering ever just shaving your head?

W

wylie

Valued member
Hello I am new to this forum
I have 2 strip scars as well
I had fue put into the low scar ie pics
I'm gonna see how I get on with that
If I'm not happy I might go down same route as u,but not as extreme ha,but I think it looks really cool
I know too well about strip scars
They look horrible
At least u can move on now
Good on you

Phil, what doctor is responsible for that strip scar on top? He needs to be suspended by his testicles for that. I can't recommend beard hair into strip scars enough, it works, I know, I've had around 1500 put into my 8 or 9, and I'm amazed at how well it worked.

P

philwuk

It was dr feller new York
I wasn't gonna mention names but,whatever
I have sent him pics of the scar etc,he is not interested in it one bit..
Spex told me to go to him cos he said all uk clinics are poor, this was in 2008 and 2010 so not really that long Ago.
Funny that spex is no longer associated with Dr feller ?
I know a lot of people have had good experiences with spex,I have not

Also my angles of the work I had with Dr feller are bad,again he dosnt want to know
Now I know I'm gonna to get(your hair looks good,if u grow your hair u can't see the scar etc etc
That's not the point
it was unethical for dr feller to give me a second scar, also in person my hair looks terrible ie angles,but spex and dr feller seem to think it looks good
Anyhow I'll look into beard hair etc
Thanks

P

philwuk

Hi jimbob
I have grow my hair to hide that top scar.but u still see that line through the hair,also I like the classic short back and sides look which is hard to get after strip work
Thanks for your advice though
I'll keep looking for options

J

Jimbob13

I totally understand you wanted to get sorted and I am prob wrong to just suggesting growing over scar. As I know how it can affect you. The donor site should never have been that high as if you are prone to hair loss you could lose it at the back in the horseshoe shape. Therefore the characteristics and of the hair placed in recipient would cause them to be lost also. So this could leave you with your strip scar and no hair in recipient site eventually. And this is from a well renowned doctor and that is the problem with industry. I just don’t think it is advanced enough at the moment. I’m not saying there aren’t good hair transplants out there but there are a lot more bad ones than success stories. If I was to advise anyone these days I would say just shave it all off and be done with it.

J

Jimbob13

Phil, what doctor is responsible for that strip scar on top? He needs to be suspended by his testicles for that. I can't recommend beard hair into strip scars enough, it works, I know, I've had around 1500 put into my 8 or 9, and I'm amazed at how well it worked.
Wylie. I can see you giving a lot of advice on beard transplants and say you have had these procedures yourself. It might be helpful to people like Phil and myself if you posted your results so it gives people an idea of what is achieved through this ?

P

philwuk

Cheers jimbob
Hair transplants was the worst mistake of my life
I had 1st one 2003 I was 23 yrs old, I am now 39 yrs old and I feel a lot more worse than I did before i had any work done
Yeah I wish I would have just shaved it off
Hair transplants never look natural ,I've said this before it will always have that see through appearance and I've had 3 hair transplants all in the same area.
Please any young guys reading this don't have transplants it will play on your mind for rest of your life. You will always be worrying about how it looks etc

J

Jimbob13

Sounds exactly like my story. Can’t stress enough for any young guys out there thinking of having it done make sure you have a good think and do your research as could end up a lot worse off. The problem is most of these docs just have sales guys representing them just to get you in that chair. I never seen the doc until the days of procedures which as a naive 20 yr old was none the wiser. Something needs to be done about it !

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
That tattoo certainly covers the scar.
I'm pleased it makes you feel better about yourself. Did the tattooist have to do anything different when doing the scar?

J

Jimbob13

I
That tattoo certainly covers the scar.
I'm pleased it makes you feel better about yourself. Did the tattooist have to do anything different when doing the scar?
It is a life changer for me personally. Tattooist was experienced and had covered scars before. Also had received numerous other tattoos from him in past so could put my trust in him.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
That's good to hear.
Have people been commenting on the tattoo?