• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Traction Alopecia Hair Transplant, 2 results

Dr. A s Clinic

Dr. A s Clinic

Valued member
Dear readers,

Two patients of traction alopecia visited us for a follow up recently.
Their results are posted at

http://www.hairlossexperiences.com/view_topic.php?id=234&forum_id=25

and

http://www.hairlossexperiences.com/view_topic.php?id=309&forum_id=4

I think others suffering from a similar condition will find it useful to know that these are cureable.

befaftlt.gif

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Very nice and natural result. Is traction alopecia a common problem in India?

NN

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
V..

Great to see more of Dr A's work..... and very nice work it is too...

Tim

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Great improvements V,thanks for updating.

As NN asked,is this very common in India and i think i asked you before but here goes.Do you advise patients that they cant wear their usual headwear anymore after their HT as the problem will return and how does this effect them if their headwear is part of their religious dress code.

Thanks bm.

Dr. A s Clinic

Dr. A s Clinic

Valued member
Traction alopecia is seen mostly in Sikh gentlemen. Religion forbids them to cut their hair and to wear a headgear.
Usually the patients face the problem of the bald scalp showing once they decide to stop wearing the headgear and cut their hair.

So, they in most cases are not going to wear the headgear again. Even then, if a turban must be worne on ocassions, we advise them not to tie it too tight.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
V,thanks for explaining that.

I`m intrigued now as if their religion says they need to wear headgear/turbin and they stop because of the hairloss, have they given up on their religion.

I may have to ask a Sikh.

Thanks bm.

Dr. A s Clinic

Dr. A s Clinic

Valued member
No, they have not given up on their religion. I would say they have chosen a less orthodox path. Happens in every religion.