• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Trying to decide which clinic to go with

A

Ascott

Hi
I’m 22 years old and have been going bald since 16 I had a consultation with uk hair transplant clinic Nigel toolan and he explained I could have 2200 grafts on the front of my head and try using finastride for a year to try and thicken my crown up at which point I could have a further 1500 grafts on my crown if I wanted. I then the two to farjo for a second opinion and emailed photos where they recommended I tried finastride for a year before having a transplant. I have then been to the crown clinic and he said because of the amount of hair loss I have had I can have a hair transplant and he told me the exact same as uk hair transplant except he agreed to try the finastride for 1year first however he was £3000 more I’m now unsure if I’m just paying for the name of dr shamalak at the crown clinic or if I should trust uk hair transplants. I also have a consultation later in the week with the Harley street hair clinic in London

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Have you some pictures showing your hair loss? If your hair loss is not stabalised having a hair transplant could end up making you worse off.
Different doctors have varying skills, some are better than others.

A

Ascott

I have included some photos I have already decided to go on finastride for a year before having a transplant to stabilise my hair first just trying to decide where I would go for a transplant

Attachments

• 8E499C2C-08D4-4F11-8E4B-5BFF39C221C4.jpeg
    8E499C2C-08D4-4F11-8E4B-5BFF39C221C4.jpeg
    513.1 KB · Views: 222
  • E3CFB4A0-AFD4-43BF-B95C-BE4DD425DE2D.jpeg
    E3CFB4A0-AFD4-43BF-B95C-BE4DD425DE2D.jpeg
    395.1 KB · Views: 189
  • 51980AAB-C636-402A-836D-A24D75A6CD01.png
    51980AAB-C636-402A-836D-A24D75A6CD01.png
    377.3 KB · Views: 153
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hopefully, the Finasteride works for you and you don`t get any side effects. You`ve lost quite a bit of hair. If you do go ahead in a year's time concentrating on the frontal third with a more mature hairline which will still frame your face and density going back to the middle bridge of native hair is what I would go for. Maybe a light dusting in the crown which will provide enough coverage for hair fibers to work well.

A

Ascott

Hopefully, the Finasteride works for you and you don`t get any side effects. You`ve lost quite a bit of hair. If you do go ahead in a year's time concentrating on the frontal third with a more mature hairline which will still frame your face and density going back to the middle bridge of native hair is what I would go for. Maybe a light dusting in the crown which will provide enough coverage for hair fibers to work well.
Do you have any advice or have come accross uk hair transplant clinic in Manchester

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I believe they use a variety of doctors from various clinics. If you consider using them, ask what doctor will assess you and do the surgery. Then you can research the doctor.
Bear in mind, even with the use of meds your hair loss could continue. 22 is very young if you could wait longer or try buzzing it right down to see how it looks. What you don`t want is getting a hair transplant, losing more hair and then left with an unnatural look.