• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

UK clinic??

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
As my HT is getting closer I’ve been doing even more reading/research than normal. My question is why do people slate UK clinics so much? I know price is higher here than abroad, but a lot of people just write all UK clinic off straight away.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It goes back over a decade when there were some high profile dodgy clinics that consistently churned out bad results. The unfortunate patients would turn to the forums for help, the bad work was seen worldwide and unfortunately some mud sticks. The bad work made a lasting impression.
The people who make these claims now can`t possibly know the quality of every UK clinic. Have they the time to scrutinise every website? I think not. The same people will probably watch a few Youtube videos of cherry picked patients and then name these clinics as the best etc etc. The internet is a great resource but it`s also a means of spoon feeding people information.
The UK pricing is very similar to most Western countries, the US and Canada. Obviously, countries with lower living costs and overheads are able to charge less.

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
Quality of work and techniques must have come on along time since then. I know price is a big factor for most people when having a HT but I’d also say client care afterwards is a big factor too

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Price does come into play for some people. If you have 2 clinics who for argument's sake you believe are the same quality but one is half the price then they will be favourite unless location comes into play.
Quality of work has improved dramatically. The advancement of equipment, research, sharing of techniques between clinics and educational conferences and workshops have all moved the industry forward.
Patient aftercare is very important. If something goes wrong, you need support from the clinic.

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
If something goes wrong, you need support from the clinic.

this played a big part for me. Going abroad was an option but if you need to keep getting flights to get your problem resolved, as it’s easy for a clinic abroad to just ignore you. It can be both stressful and expensive

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
If you do enough research, know your expectations and what to expect, most patients should be ok. It`s the impulsive uneducated guys that run the biggest risk of being disappointed.

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
If you do enough research, know your expectations and what to expect, most patients should be ok. It`s the impulsive uneducated guys that run the biggest risk of being disappointed.
I know a guy like this. One day he just put on social media he was going to turkey for a hair transplant. Saw him across the street about a year ago and his HT looks terrible

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunate without researching some people do this and end up being unhappy. They have been brainwashed with the hype they see online making out a HT is easy, like having a tooth extracted. They don't know the risks, they don't realise there are unscrupulous people out there waiting to take advantage.