• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Unusual hair thinning..

M

mars

Valued member
Hey all

Being reading these hairloss forums for the best part of a year now,i like this forum best(well done bigmac and thanks great forum) so i said id post my prob here,hopefully someone has seen a similliar case to mine as i think its quite rare and strange.

I am 25 have mpb which is not aggresive and under control,meds i take:

rogaine foam x2 daily,.25mg propecia daily,nizoral,msm,zinc,biotin,omega3,the list goes on..

But my problem is the right side behind my ear their is a noticeable loss in density compared to my left,the quality of hair,diameter of hair shafts etc is the same on both sides just less hair on the right,id rule out dupa cos the rest of my scalp is grand its just that localised area there,its being like this for the past 5yrs going by photos it may have got as small bit worse since then but not by much

I am using rogaine foam and 1% hydrocortisone cream on the area but not optimistic it'll do much..

Thanks in advance and sorry for long msg, hopefully someone can help..

Attachments

• hairlossex 002.jpg
    hairlossex 002.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 11,875
janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi Mars,

Welcome to the ht forums.

Can you post another pic of the left side? Be good to see the difference. The loss behind the ear on the right side looks minimal, however, it may be significant when compared to the left. Hope you find the answer to your concerns.

M

mars

Valued member
Hi janna

Thanks for the reply,the left side is alot better,heres the photo..

Attachments

• hairlossex 004.jpg
    hairlossex 004.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 15,419
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Mars.

Welcome to the forum,i`m pleased you like it and find it helpful.

Looking at your pictures it does appear to be thinned out,when my hair is short it looks like yours.

Maybe see your family doctor to see if anything else making your hair thin out.

M

mars

Valued member
Thanks for the reply bigmac,my gp is very dismissive bout hairloss,anti propecia etc he'll just say its grand its your genitics live with it..

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thats too bad re your GP,maybe try and get some consults with a HT doctor or even a dermatologist as long as they are free.

M

mars

Valued member
Thanks bigmac its exactly what il be doing,i have not found one similiar case on line and ive searched for 100s of hours no messing,im thinking it may be a genetic defect if such a thing exists..its been like this for years so the hairs that shed in that time might well be dead not in resting phase so im thinking chances of regrowth are slim to none,hairs can hardly be in resting phase for years or can they?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I`ve not heard of hairs in the resting phase for years,whats your hair look like when its grown out a little longer.

Also how is the rest of your hair holding out.

M

mars

Valued member
It probably looks worse when longer cos the hair above that area is good and dense,for some strange reason the whole right of my head is more dense than the left..weird.

The rest of my head is good no problems at all, i examined my hair close to million times this yr the mid scalp area had a small bit of miniturization,my hair is fine and straight so even a small bit of miniturisation will become appartent,the meds solved it right up in less than 3months,problem was tiny to begin with in all honesty..

As for my temple points where to start i guess..,was a norwood 1.5 with very little recession if any but my temples had diffuse thinning with little hair lost but it was looking a bit blonde,basically had no idea about anything to do with hairloss and hairtransplants so searched something into google forget what it was but it sent me to them,to make along story short i lost ALL my native hair,sure it was on the way out within the next 3 yrs or so but to have that replaced with poor angled,poor direction,2's 3's and 4 haired grfts in my hairline and to top it off a nice amount of pitting was life altering to say the least,also had spotty scarring,they did nothing right they are CRAP!!one thing i should add nearly all the hair they transplanted grew without shedding so it was a straight swap over..natural to unbelievably crap.

Currently under repair at smg,had a punch out procedeur nearly 2 months ago,couldnt be happier with them, everyone is great there and excellent at their respective jobs as anyone who went their knows,will post photos after my next op in oct when my temples will be grafted again.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I`m pleased you are on the road to recovery however with SMG.

Did you ask SMG about your hair concerns while you were there.

I`ll look forward to seeing your pictures once you decide to post them.

Take care.

bm.

M

mars

Valued member
I only mentioned it briefly when i was over it wasnt a concern for me then,the focus was on undoing the damage,it never bothered me til last week when i had one of those weeks..mirror madness!

Thanks for your replys bigmac.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Do you not think it could be shedding on a more regular basis.Its not very noticeable but i know what you mean with the mirror madness syndrome.

M

mars

Valued member
No i dont think so,any time i use rogaine foam on the area i check my fingers after to see if any shed and ive never seen one,not even if i give them i slight pull,they seem like terminal hairs just at low density,their are parts of the area where for say 3 or 4 mm sq where is not one hair,parts just seem empty..i know in alopecia areata the body attacks specific hairs in circular pathches as though they are a foreign body within the body so im thinking it may be something along those lines but not alopecia areta,because hairs in that area are not sensitive to dht unless maybe some was a norwood 7..

T.C

T.C

Sure you will get sorted and be good to see your photos.The side of your head doesnt look too bad,if their is no miniturization their I wouldnt be concerned.

M

mars

Valued member
Hey T.C.,im embarassed to say i went twice fitst time 500 hairs being realistic it was two rows of singled haired grafts along my hairline adding up to less than 100 i reakon now i didnt know whether or which at the time i thought with such an important possibly life changing procedure their would be no bullshit lies,how wrong i was..as far as the reults the hairline grew alright couldnt really mess it it was such a small job and PLENTY of native hair to cover their work,donor had spotty scarring was told the punch used looked like it was twice the size if what it should be,not surprised..

Second time 652 hairs from an area 4inchs long by 1.5 inches in height which they overharvested,doesnt look great cant buzz under a 3 guard,this procedeur was terrible in everyway ruined my life for the past year,i hope they go out of business,i hate them with a passion!!ive done great not to swear or use profanity when talking about that mob.;;::::/

How are you getting on with your repair?read tour story a few times,you look to be doing very well..

T.C

T.C

Sounds familiar story mars,one side of my head was overharvested but it is not obvious if hair kept at grade 3 and it is small areas like you said that looks a bit gappy think cos the lazy doc was working from that side on the second surgery and coudnt be bothered to move around or didnt care!!,useless chumps!.My top hair is a little thin in 5a pattern but propecia has held me for a few years and improved how it looks and I only take half a pill every 2 days. Crown is fine luckily.The hairs they put in grew and filled a nw3 area but I have to style it in a certain way for it to look o.k as hairline and density not great.I am sitting tight at mo,doesnt bother me too much at present but I will get it sorted in next few years for sure.JUST glad they didnt touch the sides of my head or the nape LOL.SO DID SMG just remove grafts around or add some more and re-shape things on you ?.

M

mars

Valued member
Im glad to hear someone else is taking a low dose of propecia and having results im convinced that 1mg is overkill,i think its wise to start low and work up,whats the point i taking 2 or even 4 times more than what you may need..had over 200 punched out.my hairline was too low and too straight 2 3 4 grafts in my hairline it was like spagetti junction if i didnt pack on wax,had some pitting too,a punch out procedeur was the best and only option.

The punch out procedeur went great,small punch was used under 1mm with no trace of scarring or white dots after 2 months, just a tiny bit of lingering pinkness..it was def a good decision to get it done

hello
I think hair loss and unwanted hair both are big problem. many people loss hair in the young age than you are very upset. the same problem with woman and man.