• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

what to do now???

M

m7_kas

hey guys

some of you may remember me but most probably wont as i havnt really taken much part on this site except for last year when i joined after needing a solution after gettin ripped off by advance hair studio

anyways basically iv been loosing hair since 16, i joined the site last year when i was 18 and am now 19 going on 20 in a few months

after few helpful words and advice of people on the site i tried propecia and rogaine (monoxidil) as a way of preventing my hair loss, the results are as followed

upto three month period - no results

4th to 5th month-great, hair was looking and feeling thicker deffinetly seing results

6th month period- everything stopped and hair condition went back to how it was before, maybe worse

i am unsure as to why the propecia stopped working for me but i decided not to continue using it as it was affecting my manhood, unfortunately i was lucky enough, (sarcastic) to suffer side effects of it. i was taking propecia with a hair loss treatment from boots and using the 5% foam every night. i am still using the foam but does not seem to be doing anything.

obviously there is not much i can do now until i am old enough for a transplant, would a surgeon opperate on me at 20 or is it stil too young??

i await your comments

F

folliclediabolical

Valued member
What other treatment from boots were you using?.i ask because i only noticed side effects when using finasteride when i started using saw palmetto along side it.

generally people say you need to give any meds about a year to see if they are doing any good (unless you experience side effect of course).Its possible your hair may have gone into a shedding phase naturally,or it may have started shedding because of the use of the meds,which is tottaly common.Ive noticed shedding through using fin and minoxidill but you have to see it through for at least 6 months id say to see if its actually helping.

M

m7_kas

i was only using finasteride and rogaine foam nothing else

i dont know what the answer could be as to why it went up and down but even then i decided to stop due to the side effects, i was going to try and see if my body would get use to them eventually but got scared of loosing my manhood and backed out at 6 months

M

mischelstraus

I heard many about propecia to prevent hair loss..(good)..I think it may happened that you didn't take it in a right proportion..I read that from many available loss treatment propecia is one of them..

My WHTC Hair Talk

My WHTC Hair Talk

Since you are 20yrs old most doctor will say that you are too young. You might want to try some other hairloss meds such as proscar or avodart. Not sure what the side effects are to these meds you can ask the doctor when you get meds.

www.mywhtc.com