• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Zionaxel`s Flap repair with BHR..

W

wylie

Valued member
As the old saying goes "Save the best for last!"

Cheers mate, hope all goes better than expected.

Z

zionaxel

Valued member
back in the hotel feely a bit groggy. had
a excellent day thanks to the great people of bhr. i will write about the whole thing when we get back home. need a rest.
zion

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
congratulations mate im really happy for you bud;)

and a special thanks to BHR ¬b`

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Really pleased its all gone well for you Zion,rest up and post whenever you can.

bm.

topccat29

topccat29

29 year HT veteran
Zion, it's great to hear that the first step went so well. Looking forward to seeing the work.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
¬b` Hope the healing is going well. I'm sure it is considering who worked on you. Take care.

Spencer Kobren

Spencer Kobren

From what I €™ve seen you were in great hands with Dr. B. Now all you have to do is relax and heal. You have some very good people in your corner and I €™d like to commend Bigmac, Dr. Bisanga and his staff for giving of themselves to make this happen.
All the best,
Spencer

Z

zionaxel

Valued member
Thanks for the well wishes from everyone.

I think from the moment that Phil had first told me that they were going to help to about 3 minutes before the actual op itself including the first consultation last September in London and also meeting them the night before the operation i couldn ´t quite imagine that this was really going to happen.

I travelled to Brussels with my wife who is my rock, she has supported me through all this from the beginning. When i had the flap operations years ago she was there for me and now going to BHR she is there for me again, im a lucky chap.

We got there in the evening and took the train to Midi then took the taxi to the hotel all straight forward stuff,checked in then went down to BHR, Which for everyone who has done the same thing knows is about 200 metres.

Met up with Phil first and then Steve , i think what makes BHR special is they have an extremely professional way about them. Phil and Steve are two normal blokes who know everything there is to know about what you about to have done.They speak to you on your level and explain everything, but they do it in a way which makes you feel totally at ease. There knowledge of h.t is endless,really nice guys who when this is all done im flying back to Brussels and will take them out on the shant.

Then i meet the big guy. Dr Bisanga went over with me what was going to happen the next day, this is the guy who has given me the chance to correct the way i look so now im totally in awe , i dont think i said to much just listened to him. Again he is a truly nice man, you can feel the energy of the guy that he is truly passionate about his work and yea its a business but he knows this is about peoples lives so he would not jeopardize his integrity and make the wrong decision that could affect someones life in the wrong way.Felt good after the meet,was arranged that it will take place 8am the next day.

Anyway got the evening to kill so we head for downtown Brussel ´s, very easy trip few stops on the tram then a ten minute walk ,directions from my good man Phil.Really wanted to try mussels and chips but the ol guts had been playing up the night before so just had the chips,didnt want a bad case of the squits during an H.T the next day.Had a look around for a few hrs, then head back to the hotel. Jump off the tram and get a pat on the back by someone telling me no boozing,gives me bit of a shock turns out to be Phil on his way home,ok mate see you tomorrow.

Morning of the op, cheese on toast for breakfast lovely.Head for BHR nerves are totally gone. I will let Stephen give you a account of what was done and why and for future plans. Dr Bisanga ´s staff are truly dedicated to there work, Leith is a good guy likes the Pistols and Iggy which in my book is pretty dam cool,also a very big Merci to everyonelse.

All i can say is had a brilliant weekend , really liked Brussels great mixture of cultures.
One concern was always the travel back through security, wondering how the beard area would look taking the bandana off. Phil had wrote me a letter telling them, if it has to come off at least do it in private.I had the letter in my back pocket just in case but really didnt want to use it as i didnt want to bring attention to myself,the beard area within one day you could not really tell so that was good.
I was looking for the shortest queue and jumped in it , trouble was i left my credit card holder and phone in my pocket. In my rush i forgot to take it out,something i never forget to do. Alarm goes off,bugger.

Just want to say to Dr Bisanga and Phil thank you,also to Big mac for making this happen..Its a long road but its all in the right direction.
Zion

Last edited:
sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
Many thanks Zion for sharing your experience.

With regard to the surgery performed, the approach altered a little from the initial consultation to the morning as Dr. B decided to change tact slightly; initially it was to FUE punch behind the hair line and then place in to the necrosis area of the hair line, then take beard hair and fill the scars as much as possible.

This altered slightly because a major concern for all was to over time recreate the hair line as natural as possible, the initial option would have left the very regimented line of the flap and high density so the plan we went with was to thin out the entire flaps including directly on the hair line, then using this hair in conjunction with beard hair fill the scars either side. This was achieved with punching 664 FUE, around 300 beard and the remaining coming from the hair line.

What does the future hold; to place in to the necrosis area of the hair line to give continuity to the hair line, continue to thin out the flap areas more and place behind the hair line including more beard hair so when shaved there is a slight shadow of hair over the frontal third, low density but enough when shaved hopefully to give a decent progressive look of thinning from the hairline back.

PRE OP

1PreBHRRepairZionaxel.jpg

1PreBHRRepairZionaxel2.jpg

1PreBHRRepairZionaxel3.jpg

1PreBHRRepairZionaxel4.jpg

1PreBHRRepairZionaxel5.jpg

1PreBHRRepairZionaxel6.jpg

1PreBHRRepairZionaxel7.jpg

2PrepforBHTest.jpg

POST OP FUE EXTRACTION FROM THE HAIR LINE AND BEARD AND PLACEMENT INTO THE FLAP SCARS

3PostOpPlacementFUEPunch.jpg

3PostOpPlacementFUEPunch2.jpg

3PostOpPlacementFUEPunch3.jpg

3PostOpPlacementFUEPunch4.jpg

3PostOpPlacementFUEPunch6.jpg

3PostOpPlacementFUEPunch7.jpg

ONE DAY POST OP HEALING BEARD, PUNCH REMOVAL AND RECIPIENT

41DayPostOp.jpg

41DayPostOp2.jpg

41DayPostOp5.jpg

41DayPostOp4.jpg

41DayPostOp3.jpg

bullitnut

bullitnut

oh man thats awesome, i think bhr's approach is fantastic and the pictures are amazing, i for one am ecstatic for you dude, great job BHR ¬b`

ps think your lass deserves a special night out too zion for her support lol

Last edited:
bullitnut

bullitnut

just looked at the pics again.... the back still looks to go fairly high up towards the crown without sinking into the old horseshoe pattern which is cool, i think when the hairline is sorted and softened a little then faded back like stephen says it will look great;)

i was wandering if you were on meds dude?

Last edited:
Z

zionaxel

Valued member
bullitnut wrote:
just looked at the pics again....  the back still looks to go fairly high up towards the crown without sinking into the old horseshoe pattern which is cool, i think when the hairline is  sorted  and softened a little then  faded back   like stephen says it will look great;)

i was wandering if you were on meds dude?
No mate..

bullitnut

bullitnut

cheers zion, how long before you can have a proper shave did they say?

beard area looks great by the way;)

Z

zionaxel

Valued member
I think i will give it a week,day after the surgery i trimmed around the area where the grafts were taken from with the clippers was very careful.Where most of the grafts were taken i normally have a goatee,its quite amazing as even close up when i look you can not see any patchs at all..

S

scarred5

Valued member
thats great bud, bisanga knows exactly what to do, looks like you have some good beard donor as well, long haul but one day im sure youll get there and in a few months from now youll be happy you took the plunge, again really great of bhr to do this for all of us. special crew there for sure!

janna

janna

Valuable Member
The plan for your repair sounds great and the work so far is great too. We're all rooting for you. It's awesome what BHR is doing - ¬b`.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Zion.

I `m pleased your first session has gone so well,the work by Dr Bisanga looks very nice,now you can look forward to a better life although you havea long way to go still.

No need to thank me either as this is what the forum is all about,helping each other and not being exploited.

There will be many readers who will learn from the mistakes we made when we set out on our hair restoration journeys.

Thanks Stephen for posting the quality pictures.

sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
Here are Zion's pictures, three days post operation update

Beard, Scar recipient and flap FUE removal

tn_IMG_0401.jpg

tn_IMG_0403.jpg

tn_IMG_0406.jpg

tn_IMG_0413.jpg

tn_IMG_0424.jpg

tn_IMG_0431.jpg

tn_IMG_0414.jpg