• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Zionaxel`s Flap repair with BHR..

J

JJ09

Great pictures! The repair plan sounds good, gives me some hope for my own restoration. Heal well Zion.

topccat29

topccat29

29 year HT veteran
Very nice work and the pictures are incredible. Zion you are so lucky to have so much beard hair, it's really going to make a difference. What a life changing experience this must be.

It's nice to know there are still good people out there, kudos to BHR.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
This is a really good story and as Bigmac stated, it is what this site is all about. I am very happy for you Zion and know that you are in good hands and all will go well. I look forward to you getting things in order. So far the work looks very good. I love the plan. Keep us posted.

NN

Z

zionaxel

Valued member
Thanks, healing is going very well .4th day post op and the beard area is excellent i wont wet shave til i go back to work next week. The plan does sound good and its the kind of result i would love to achieve.Also Top cat i think it most likely will be..

Last edited:
sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
Zion is looking good, hardly any scabs in the scars, the beard at 5 days is undetectable anything was ever taken and as for the FUE to the flap the punch marks are becoming smaller every day. Advised him to use natural aloe vera gel on the flaps to help the skin sooth and heal a little quicker.

tn_IMG_0535.jpg

tn_IMG_0537.jpg

tn_IMG_0550.jpg

tn_IMG_0551.jpg

tn_IMG_0541.jpg

tn_IMG_0546.jpg

tn_IMG_0547.jpg

tn_IMG_0548.jpg

I

ian

Valued member
looks like there is going to be a real improvement. i also think it is a very good game plan.

W

wylie

Valued member
He's got a beautiful, untapped reservoir of good thick scalp hair and a thick beard for filler, this is a doable repair job if the time and effort and resources are put to the task. An FUE of scalp hair at the frontal hairline and beard hair for filler behind and you've really got something working then. With that hairline design the challenge is just adding to the dense hairline and reducing the bald crown.

It's one of those deals where you have a dense, natural looking hairline and extensive baldness behind which leads to shrinking the bald crown. It's the treadmill one gets on to get a more natural look, I'm glad that BHR got the ball rolling, good clear pictures Stephen, looking good Zion.

sl

sl

Hi wylie,

Hate to pour cold water on things, but I just wanted to put right something. More's the pity but Zion's virgin donor is not high density or even average characteristics. Here is a shot of the left side, he has a density in the area average to 50 FU cm2, you can make out many single and two hair groups but not many 3 or 4 hair FU, combined with that a relatively high concentration of miniaturisation.

The back is slightly higher in density, around 60-65 but still not an abundant supply to harvest from and any taken will be spread across as much of the safe zone as possible in future ops. Hate to be the bearer of not good news, Zion knows this obviously as we measured the density and calibre before to see how viable it would be to harvest scalp hair.

IMG_0537.jpg

sl

sl

Easy tiger..;) Fortunately Zion's got plenty of resources to tap into ,the flaps and beard, so with the result we are looking to achieve, if we can leave his scalp donor untouched we'd be happier.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
The donor area has healed up very well and the recipient site looks very good.Great pictures as they show every detail.

Thanks for the update.

W

wylie

Valued member
Thanks for the update Stephen. Pictures look great. There is alot of beard hair on zion and it closely mimics the scalp hair. I think if just enough scalp hair is extracted for the framing then the beard hair could be the filler and the combination would work out great.

It's all about preserving that precious scalp donor then, and relying more heavily on beard hair. Still very doable because he seems to have good caliber hair all around.

It's amazing the difference in appearance of that scar! I know its early, but thats really promising already!

Good going all (and good growing to all)

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
healing well mate, looking really good now ¬b`

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
I think that because his donor isnt as high as most, may work in his favour in the long run, because it will make it a damn sight easier to match up the hair in the scars, to the surrounding areas. Looks like there is plenty of beard hair to tap into anyway.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
The approach to Zion's repair is very commendable as we all know he was not an easy fix. The healing seems to be coming along perfectly. Thanks for the update and letting us all follow along.

S

SemperFi

Valued member
First of all - zionaxel, I'm very happy for you to get this pro bono repair job. I've read your story and I really felt for you.

Second of all I would ask both of you - axel and stephenl if you could supply us with some photos from a bit more distance, so we could se the bigger picture. And I would really like to know what the plan is for the future and how is it going so far (transplant areas, grafts distribution, density, etc.).

Really looking nice so far, wish you all the best in the future too. ¬b`

Z

zionaxel

Valued member
SemperFI if you have a look in the gallery section you can see some pics pre op which are not quite so close up. Stephen had posted what the plan is for the future a bit earlier in the thread.
Also thanks for the best wishes..

S

SemperFi

Valued member
I'm familiar with your pre op condition, I'm just curious what it looks like now. I will have to take another look at this thread to find stephenl's post about future plans, I seemed to have missed it... :)