• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

4000 Grafts - Hair of Istanbul

J

JonnyL

Valued member
Hi guys.

Been a long time lurker on this forum and part time contributor. Finally took the plunge and had a hair transplant procedure at Hair of Istanbul in Turkey, on 7th November 2019. I thought it would only be right for me to post on here as many others have done so in the past, helping me along the way.

Been losing hair for 12 years although Propecia has pretty much put a stop to that this last 12 months, giving me more impetus to finally get things up top sorted.

I've attached some pics:

Day 3 - Before my first hair wash.

Day 6 - Top shows scabbing. Donor shows scabs gone and healed nicely.

Day 10 - Scabs gone from top of my head.

Day 16 - Today.

I also vlogged the experience, if anyone is interested in seeing it:

Any thoughts or questions, fire away.

Thanks.

. Before.jpgDay 3 Donor.jpgDay 3 Top.jpgDay 6 Top.jpgDay 6 Donor.jpgDay 10.jpgDay 16 - Today.jpg

J

JonnyL

Valued member
Hey guys. Following on from my post on here last month, here is my 1 month update for you.

I've attached some pics:

Post Op

Day 13 - Hairline

Day 15 - Donor Area

1 Month - 7th December 2019

Recovery has gone better than expected. No redness. No itching. No pimples. No shock loss. Very minimal swelling. Very minimal pain. Numbness now at only about 20%. Scabs off in Donor area on day 6. Scabs off in Recipient area between day 7 and 10. Shedding started on 6th December.

For a more detailed update, feel free to check out my '1 Month Update' video on YouTube:

Any thoughts, feedback, or queries, fire away.

Thanks.

1 Month.jpgDay 13 Hairline.jpgDay 15 Donor.jpgPost Op.jpg

R

reddwarf

Thanks for putting the video up. Did you have any side effects with the Propecia?
Did you pick the sensible hairline shape or did they advise it?

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Thank you for sharing your journey with us the work looks good and it looks like you have chosen the hairline which looks very natural may I say

Wishing you great growth friend

Daz

J

JonnyL

Valued member
Thank you for sharing your journey with us the work looks good and it looks like you have chosen the hairline which looks very natural may I say

Wishing you great growth friend

Daz

Thanks a lot mate. Really appreciate that.

Here's my 2 month update:

Day 37 Final.jpgDay 37 Donor Final.jpgDay 44 Final.jpgDay 44 Donor Final.jpgDay 51 Final.jpgDay 51 Donor Final.jpgDay 58 Final.jpgDay 58 Donor Final.jpg2 Months Final.jpg

J

JonnyL

Valued member
Thanks for putting the video up. Did you have any side effects with the Propecia?
Did you pick the sensible hairline shape or did they advise it?

Hi mate, they suggested it. It was my natural hairline before hair loss, so either way, it would have been like this.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi JonnyL. Thanks for sharing your story here. It's nice to know the forum helped you too.
You got a nice amount of grafts that will transform your appearance. I agree with others that your hairline is spot on. You look to have healed well with everything looking normal again.
As for Propecia. How long were you taking it before you noticed it was working?
All the best.
Bm.

J

JonnyL

Valued member
Hey Guys. Here's my 3 Month Update. Hope you enjoy. As usual, any questions, feel free to ask.

Hi JonnyL. Thanks for sharing your story here. It's nice to know the forum helped you too.
You got a nice amount of grafts that will transform your appearance. I agree with others that your hairline is spot on. You look to have healed well with everything looking normal again.
As for Propecia. How long were you taking it before you noticed it was working?
All the best.
Bm.

Bigmac. Yea, I've been visiting the forum since the days of the first Cosmedica results popping up on here (Mike Smith, who now works with them). It's been a great resource.

Propecia, it was fairly quick. To be fair I wasn't really one who ever saw big clumps of hair falling out or anything. This happened very slowly (over 10 years) so it was really me just noticing that my hair wouldn't sit the same way it used to, or looking in the mirror and noticing change and having that heart sinking feeling.

Since taking Propecia, I just put it to the back of mind with the reassurance that I now had it under control. Is it even working ? I think so. Lol. I've not had that sinking feeling for a long time. I guess due to me not seeing my hair worsen. Or is it just the placebo effect caused by a false sense of security ? Haha. Again, to answer your question, it felt like it was working fairly quick.

Crown 10.pngCrown 30.pngCrown 69.pngCrown 86.png3 Months Small J.jpg

J

JonnyL

Valued member
Hi Guys. Here's my 4 Month Update.

Hairline has started growing in.

More details in the video:

Any thoughts or comments welcome.

Enjoy.

4 Months Top.png4 Months Crown.png

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Looks good JonnyL. Things are starting to happen now.

J

JonnyL

Valued member
Looks good JonnyL. Things are starting to happen now.

Thanks mate. I hope so. Keep questioning myself as to whether it will eventually get to where I want it to be. Lot's of days where it seems like nothing is happening.

Forgot to post the hairline pic, which I must say i'm relieved about. Certainly as it only started coming in around 3-4 weeks before the 4 month mark. Hopefully it will improve as the months go by and the hair matures.

Thanks again for the support.

4 Months Hairline.png

J

JonnyL

Valued member
Hey guys. The 5 Month mark is here !

The lack of Vitamin D and other factors I discuss in my video update below, don't seem to have affected my progress too badly as far as I can tell.

Hope you enjoy the vid. Any comments, thoughts, questions are all welcome.

Stay safe everyone.

HOI Before After.jpg

Attachments

• HOI Before.jpg
    HOI Before.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 935
J

JonnyL

Valued member
HI Guys. Here is my 6 Month Update. Can't actually believe it's been 6 months since I went to Turkey.

Any questions or thoughts, drop them below.

Thanks and stay blessed.

Attachments

• Hairline 6 Month.jpg
    Hairline 6 Month.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 685
C

Coady

Very nice results man I would imagine you are delighted ?
You are a very good candidate blessed with super thick doner hair.

Do hair of Istanbul do DHI or manual Fue ?