• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

45 days after, finasteride q and a

P

Patro1995

i got from the dermatologist, finapil finasteride, she said I was to take 1 mg and I can't 0.5. I am afraid of side effects, so I would start with a lower dose. anyone can help what how many days and how many to take? thank you

L

Lockdown-Locks!

Hi Patro,

The standard dose for Finasteride for hair loss is 1mg per day. Most users will use this, however there are a number of patients who go for a 0.5mg dose. If you are concerned about side effects, its best to closely monitor for the first 3 or so months. I personally took a blood test to have a record of my biology before starting Finasteride.

Keep in mind that although the side effects can seem scary, most patients are usually fine on the drug. Secondly, the clinical data showed that those few patients who did experience side effects returned back to pre-finasteride status once they stopped the drug.

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic FUE and SMP
IMHO you should research about Topical finasteride. It is used as a liquid or gel on the scalp.
There are more and more hair doctors that are using topical now since it has no or virtually no side effects.

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
IMHO you should research about Topical finasteride. It is used as a liquid or gel on the scalp.
There are more and more hair doctors that are using topical now since it has no or virtually no side effects.
Is it as effective as the oral medication??

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic

Yes, no doubt.
Furthermore, you will have none of the side effects that are known by using oral medication.

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
Yes, no doubt.
Furthermore, you will have none of the side effects that are known by using oral medication.
Thank you for confirming that. I’m trying to find somewhere in the UK to buy it from for when my oral medication runs out.

L

Lockdown-Locks!

Yes, no doubt.
Wow very interesting! There must be some clinical data out there showing the systemic effects of using topical?

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic

I have seen plenty of clinical data during the last FUE meeting in the UK.
There was an Italian dr with I believe 5 years of experience. She showed so much information, before and after, blood test etc.

She inspired us to follow the same route and we are now using topical solutions since about 2 years for 99% of our patients.

Dr. Anthone has also researched more molecules and other enhancements, which she will present in a next FUE Europe meeting.

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
Where can you buy topical finasteride in the UK

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic

As far as I know you can not 'buy' topical finasteride.

It is still medication and you will need to have a prescription from a dr.

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
As far as I know you can not 'buy' topical finasteride.

It is still medication and you will need to have a prescription from a dr.
Ok I will contact the surgeon who performed my HT and see if he can prescribe it for me