• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dry Shampoo

S

shipwrecked

Valued member
Hi, I'm curious why I haven't read any talk/threads on the subject of dry shampoo. I say this as you can buy them in plain format(standard) and colors such as the one I use which is brown to deep brown from batiste that I use occasionally. I find it to work as a pretty good concealer and hair thickener. Would be interested in others peoples opinions on this :)

Last edited:
bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Good question, ive never seen a post on dry shampoo either. I have seen it used though, my partner used it when she had braided hair for a few months. Do you have any pictures to show how it benefits you as a thickener?
In all honesty i wouldn't think it would be beneficial to a post HT patient but for someone who hasn't had one as a thickener...who knows*nl

J

Jessop

Valued member
I use dry shampoo sonetimes to give my hair a bit more volume. Normally day after using normal volumising mousse that makes your hair hold a bit more.

D

dia24

I never heard about Dry Shampoo. Are you tell me why you want dry shampoo , what is the benefit of it.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Some people use it that have styles that are really difficult wash like braided hair and dreadlocks....Batiste seems to be the biggest brand here in the UK.
Jessop does it make your hair look considerably fuller after using this or is it just a marginal effect dude?

K

knavepotter

I've heard about dry shampoo but never really had a chance to try it. anyone here have any experience in using dry shampoo?

M

migel

Seems to be lots of news articles lately saying dry shampoo causes hair loss!

H

haircare

The GKhair Color Protection moisturising shampoo gently cleanses the hair. Designed especially for normal to dry or colored hair types, the Color Protection Moisturizing Shampoo effectively nourishes and moisturizes the scalp and hair while protecting your color. Infused with Juvexin, a Keratin anti-aging protein blend optimized to repair, protect and fortify the hair, the shampoo is designed to remove unwanted oil from the hair.

No links allowed

Albany from Nanogen

Albany from Nanogen

Although it will probably work as a quick fix occasionally, I personally wouldn't recommend using dry shampoo to conceal thinning, because overuse can really dry out the scalp which makes it much harder for hair to grow. It can also build up and clog pores which suffocates and weakens the hair follicle and increases shedding. They also cause hair follicles to stick together so that a hair that would normally fall during brushing may take two or three strands along with it! If you're looking for effective concealment solutions, keratin hair fibres are really the only way to go, as they hide thinning without negative effects on your hair and scalp.

Last edited: