• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

FANSTASTIC EXPERIENCE WITH DR ACAR @ COSMEDICA

TOMMYTWO

TOMMYTWO

Valued member
Your hair looks good at that length. Time will tell regarding overharvesting once it fully grows and the shock loss returns. Looking at your extractions, I think you will be fine.

I think so too mate

Cosmedica Clinic

Cosmedica Clinic

Cosmedica UK
Hi Tommy

We hope everything is progressing well and we are so pleased to hear that you are (at this stage) happy with everything. As you know the waiting is the hardest part now but we are here to help support you. You only need to contact GMH in the UK and they will be more than happy to give you any support you may require. It's great that you have chosen this excellent forum to blog from as we feel it is the most respected and reputable forum on the web.

TOMMYTWO

TOMMYTWO

Valued member
Hi Tommy

We hope everything is progressing well and we are so pleased to hear that you are (at this stage) happy with everything. As you know the waiting is the hardest part now but we are here to help support you. You only need to contact GMH in the UK and they will be more than happy to give you any support you may require. It's great that you have chosen this excellent forum to blog from as we feel it is the most respected and reputable forum on the web.

Cheers Mike........I agree about the site, I Know Brian from meetings years back and can attest he's a top bloke with an ethical ethos.......I will post my 3 months-ish pics on here very soon to show my progress. So far so good as Im very happy with the growth.

Best regards

Tom

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Tom, I`ll look forward to seeing your 3 month update. Sounds like you are getting some decent early growth if you`re happy so far.

TOMMYTWO

TOMMYTWO

Valued member
I'm at 3.5 months-ish and really happy…...I think I retained quite a bit of hair from the second HT as my right side hairline has been there from day dot but has gradually got thicker. It still needs to thicken up but I'm very happy so far for 3.5 months.

I'm in a much better place pre second HT as I am using No concealer at all, which is a result in itself as I used to rely on it heavily.

I'm very happy with my choice of clinic, for cost and quality as I have no over harvesting and my growth is good, so all good. I would go back to cosmedica in a heartbeat.

Apologies for the rotated pics....they went in looking straight but rotated for some reason?

Also a token pic from when I first visited a trichologist 26 years ago and look at the state of me.....I was 18/19 from memory

Hairloss is a long ball game, but so glad I had my second HT

Brian....If you can rotate those pics please?....Thanks

Regards

Tom

Attachments

• left cosmedica.jpg
    left cosmedica.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 519
  • right cosmedica.jpg
    right cosmedica.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 530
  • front Cosmedica.png
    front Cosmedica.png
    225.4 KB · Views: 555
  • before second HT.PNG
    before second HT.PNG
    225.8 KB · Views: 522
  • Donor Cosmedica.jpg
    Donor Cosmedica.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 518
  • start off.JPG
    start off.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 511
Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Tom, stop hanging upside down and taking pictures, the blood rush does not grow new hair.
You`re looking good mate. Look at your pre op, you had extensive loss but now have a full head of hair.
Glad it's all going well, looking forward to the next update.
All the best.

TOMMYTWO

TOMMYTWO

Valued member
Tom, stop hanging upside down and taking pictures, the blood rush does not grow new hair.
You`re looking good mate. Look at your pre op, you had extensive loss but now have a full head of hair.
Glad it's all going well, looking forward to the next update.
All the best.

Ha ha sorry for the upside down pics........Yes I know mate, my loss was very bad at a young age, I think I was 19 in that picture and pretty desperate.....Really happy so far with Second pass

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hair loss at a young age will knock ones self esteem, coping with it is very difficult. At least now you should be good to go and enjoy your hair again.

J

jack89

Hi

Your hair transplant looks great!!

Ive been looking for somewhere to go for myself and after reading this thread and doing some research i think im going to go with the vip package at cosmedica.
Do you have any advise or tips?

Thanks

TOMMYTWO

TOMMYTWO

Valued member
Hi

Your hair transplant looks great!!

Ive been looking for somewhere to go for myself and after reading this thread and doing some research i think im going to go with the vip package at cosmedica.
Do you have any advise or tips?

Thanks
Hi Jack the only thing I would say is request a room that isn't adjacent to the motorway as its pretty noisy...….Regarding the clinic I really couldn't fault it......I was nervous but it was all in vain really as the procedure was so smooth.

That's about it really

J

jack89

Hi Jack the only thing I would say is request a room that isn't adjacent to the motorway as its pretty noisy...….Regarding the clinic I really couldn't fault it......I was nervous but it was all in vain really as the procedure was so smooth.

That's about it really
Hi Tommy, I appreciate the reply!

D

Dman

Wow where do i start.....

I am writing this from my bed as had my transplant yesterday and all went well, i slept like a baby too on my first night.

My whole experience at cosmedica has been brilliant, from the airport transfer despite landing at 1am Down to the treatment at the clinic and the pain management, cant really fault it.

I honestly cant believe how painless the whole thing was and i have had no pain since the op about 20 hours ago.

I had strip surgery back in 2006 in the states and i think I’m mentally scarred by it tbh......yesterday was a completely different ball game.....No pain!

I opted for VIP package as i wanted the doc to open the channels just like you would do at any top clinic.

To start you do your paperwork then They put canuler in for a drip during surgery and take blood for the PRP injections.

I went in the see the doc and discuss my surgery & hairline etc and previous scarring from strip, all was agreed and then onto the next stage. we decided to lower the hairline only slightly to retain density as I have a massive head, the doc has also made it more symmetrical than my first surgery with dr feller back in 2006 and even put a few grafts into the right side of my strip scar.

Just prior to the numbing I was given a Xanax and two other blue pills, not sure what they were but i felt pretty chilled all day.

The needle free anaesthetic was great and i likened it to a stapler in the back of the head.......pain about 2.5-3 out of 10.
Very tolerable indeed, the pain lasts for half a second then gone for each jet. After the initial needle free jets they then put in the proper anaesthetic which was done gently via needle, again very tolerable. This was completely different to my experience in America.

Then for the extractions, just a gentle whizzing at the back of your head......if it got a bit niggly during the op i would just tell them i could feel something and they would jab me more anaesthetic. This happened twice but really no big deal.

Then Dr Acar opened the channels for the techs to place the grafts. I was in the clinic from 8am till about 4.30/5 and walked out pain free. I received 3000 grafts in total.

All in all It was a great experience and i would do it all again in a heartbeat.

If your anxious or have reservations about going to turkey like i did, you have nothing to worry about....Cosmedica is a well oiled machine with patient care at the top of the list.

p.s. will add photos asap
Hi tommy, did you speak with joy kumari at Liverpool hair transplant clinic ? If so what did you think of her ?
I know you got yours somewere else but just want to pick the best place to go.
Thanks

Cosmedica Clinic

Cosmedica Clinic

Cosmedica UK
Hello Tommy. Your hair looked good at 3.5 months. How have things progressed? We trust you are happy.