• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

First FUE - 5 days post-op Disappointed

T

Todd

Your donor looks quite normal when compared to the other results I`ve looked at on here. What does the front look like?

I

ImJustAGuy

Day 17. Went to another Clinic Yesterday and was put on Fin. Went to see my actual Surgeon as well and discussed my concerns and displeasure with the surgery. He was very dismissive of my concerns, yet offered me a free repair job as soon as i wanted it. He also mentioned again how using multi grafts in the hair line adds density when needed and he also used a technique called Cross-hatching which I have never heard about using in teh hairline. He also only counted "6 or 7" in 15 inches. In the frontal most 3 inches I count 12 alone. Still many concerns about the hairline being too low as it is only 6CM from my eyebrows, and from everything I read about raising hairlines after surgery is quite difficult. I wanted very conservative at 7-7.5 CM and we agreed to that pre-surgery.

Has anyone ever heard of grafts not falling out after surgery and just continuing to grow?

T

Todd

There are a few guys who don`t shed, the hair keeps on growing. What does the front look like now?

I

ImJustAGuy

I’m not a fan at all. Every time I look I find more 2 & 3 hair grafts in the hairline. My skin is very fair so I was told my redness will be prevalent longer than average by a different clinic. I plucked a few grafts that were just so randomly low.

3C11B3FA-FC08-40EC-875B-4ADA42E78B82.jpeg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to say but that does not look good.
Why they are insisting that multi graft hairs in the hairline are normal baffles me. I like to see some peer reviewed article that makes these claims.
As for not shedding, this does happen in a small percentage of patients.

I

ImJustAGuy

Sorry to say but that does not look good.
Why they are insisting that multi graft hairs in the hairline are normal baffles me. I like to see some peer reviewed article that makes these claims.
As for not shedding, this does happen in a small percentage of patients.

I am well aware of what it looks like but there is nothing I can do now about it. I am probably going to have to shave my head because of this, which is the exact opposite of what I was trying to achieve.

Raphael84

Raphael84

Valued member
Im sorry that you have had such a disappointing experience. This Doctor clearly should not be performing surgery.
Multiple grafts have no place in the hairline.

As your surgery was in New York, I am presuming that you are in the New York area. Obviously your current situation is not ideal. Perhaps researching and visiting a quality physician near you would help. Discussing it with an ethical and caring Doctor, who despite such early phase post op could advise you of a very clear path moving forward. Of course it will take time, and you will have to be patient which will be difficult, but understanding that things can be improved/repaired may be a source of positivity.

He said he did "roughly" 1650 grafts!

It may not seem like much but you have the support of this community. I wish you the very best!

I

ImJustAGuy

Im sorry that you have had such a disappointing experience. This Doctor clearly should not be performing surgery.
Multiple grafts have no place in the hairline.

As your surgery was in New York, I am presuming that you are in the New York area. Obviously your current situation is not ideal. Perhaps researching and visiting a quality physician near you would help. Discussing it with an ethical and caring Doctor, who despite such early phase post op could advise you of a very clear path moving forward. Of course it will take time, and you will have to be patient which will be difficult, but understanding that things can be improved/repaired may be a source of positivity.

He said he did "roughly" 1650 grafts!

It may not seem like much but you have the support of this community. I wish you the very best!

Thank you! It is appreciated. This has been a very tough time foe me, as everytime i look at it, the more i find wrong. near my temples the hair is sticking straight out of the head! He said somewhere between 1600 and 1700 grafts. I have requested the paperwork multiple times and have yet to be given any.

I've met with/discussed with 11 other clinics to date. It will be 15 clinics by the end of next week. All have the same response, which is track progress and in a 6 months we can hopefully identify a solution.

I

ImJustAGuy

My biggest fear now is developing pitting. How early are you able to tell about something like that. I have a few holes in the front of my head that look rough.

01155CCD-D22A-49F5-8D9C-63280AB935C1.jpeg

T

Todd

I’m not a fan at all. Every time I look I find more 2 & 3 hair grafts in the hairline. My skin is very fair so I was told my redness will be prevalent longer than average by a different clinic. I plucked a few grafts that were just so randomly low.

View attachment 12046

I think you may have to keep your hair buzzed short to minimize what they`ve done to you or possibly grow it longer, add some type of hair concealer to camouflage the plug grafts. I counted more doubles on your close up picture than your doctor did. Maybe he has very poor vision.

T

Todd

My biggest fear now is developing pitting. How early are you able to tell about something like that. I have a few holes in the front of my head that look rough.

View attachment 12059

Look at all the twos, whats going on with the lack of density as well. I don`t know anything about pitting but even I can see the little indents where the grafts are planted.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately, you do have quite a few multi grafts, more than your doctor is claiming. As for pitting, it is too early to judge right now.

I

ImJustAGuy

Talked to a great clinic in Atlanta today. They made me feel a bit better. Said it will have to be softened, and this fix will be generally easy. May need some more prevelant grafts removed in the front most part of the hairline from front but we will see when it grows in. Said hairline may be a touch low in the front but in the sides it will be easy to fill in and soften but unfortunately im going to have the same area redone as the first surgery.

Talked to my initial doctor few days ago who still insists that there is nothing wrong and can’t believe I’m this upset. He did offer to remove the grafts I was worried about, but that would be most of them. So we have had a pretty decent falling out.

I will say I have a touch more Redness this evening and some weird feeling. Hopefully nothing. If in the morning I need to figure out what to do if possible infection.

Did you go to HRA buffalo? Your photo looks familiar due to him posting his patients pictures. If you didn't never-mind.

I

ImJustAGuy

One month update. The donor area looks fine. That’s about all I got.

Attachments

• Hair transplant donor area.jpeg
    Hair transplant donor area.jpeg
    127.4 KB · Views: 792
  • hair transplant.jpeg
    hair transplant.jpeg
    160.4 KB · Views: 777
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Your donor looks to have healed ok, the front looks like it is healing. Shame about the low density and multi grafts. Hopefully, it is an easy fix when you have the chance to get it done.

I

ImJustAGuy

Your donor looks to have healed ok, the front looks like it is healing. Shame about the low density and multi grafts. Hopefully, it is an easy fix when you have the chance to get it done.

When I talked to the clinic in Atlanta they actually took me through what they would do. Obviously it is still early and they’d have to see growth to make sure the plan is accurate.
My hope is some density was built in the mid scalp, and they can come back through and just add to it, while obviously fixing the hairline.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like a good plan, you look as though you have enough donor to achieve this. It`s just a shame you have to go this route when you thought this was what you would be getting from this current hair transplant.

MrPierre

MrPierre

I think you'll be heading towards a further hairline procedure to soften the look eventually. Keep us posted on your case please.