• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

First FUE - 5 days post-op Disappointed

T

theport

I think your only option is to be patient now and see what is required in 12 months.

Even if he waited, he said his doctor admitted to owing him more grafts. The best outcome from this procedure without extra grafts wouldn't look all that great. Him getting more grafts to improve density is the more than likely the right choice for him. At least now he can go to a surgeon he can trust.

D

danielaustralia

Im not sure if that is 1700 grafts? Did you see them being implanted via a monitor? Hope it works out

I

ImJustAGuy

Im not sure if that is 1700 grafts? Did you see them being implanted via a monitor? Hope it works out

No I did not see them implement any at all and i still have no confirmation that it actually was 1700.
Thanks for the words.
This whole process has honestly exhausted and defeated me and i still have 8 months before i can even start to come up with a plan to have this corrected.

What makes me angry is I am always so damn thorough with everything I do, but apparently this i decided to jump right in and it cost me.

No I did not see them implement any at all and i still have no confirmation that it actually was 1700.
Thanks for the words.
This whole process has honestly exhausted and defeated me and i still have 8 months before i can even start to come up with a plan to have this corrected.

What makes me angry is I am always so damn thorough with everything I do, but apparently this i decided to jump right in and it cost me.
I felt almost the same way as you when I went my 1st time to him. Has he reached out to you at all? I might need a 3rd fue ( don't know yet), but I have to wait since its only been 1.5months since my last surgery with him. At least you know your not the only one lol.

Last edited:
MrPierre

MrPierre

Shame you've had to endure an experience like this. Please keep us updated on the months ahead!

I

ImJustAGuy

I just wanted to provide a quick update. 3 months in as of yesterday.

Sorry for not posting much, I had to take a break from it all as it was really affecting my health both mentally and physically, with the Covid scare not making it much easier.

The donor area looks to have recovered well, I have a few hairs starting to grow, unfortunately, they are growing at awkward angles (up and curling backwards) in my hairline.

Thank you all for the continued support.

F91E4014-E174-4A68-8F98-9F69384BEBE1.jpeg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It`s good to take a break and not let it take over your life.
Good to see your donor has recovered well, the density looks good so there should be no issues obtaining grafts when you get a repair.
It`s not good that the grafts are growing at the incorrect angles, again, these should be able to be excised out and replanted by a skilled doctor.
Any chance you could add a picture showing the front?
Take care.
Bm.

T

Todd

I read when grafts are sqaushed into the slits it cause`s them to grow in wierd directions. Do you think this is what happened with yours?

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Just went through your story their friend and sorry to here you have had a rough ride of it , at least you have good donor left imagine if they had placed more grafts in the wrong angles , I wish you all the very best do not give yourself a hard time you can get this put right my friend

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I`d say getting the multi grafts and the wrong angled grafts punched out won`t be too hard for a skilled doctor. Once more grafts are transplanted to the area, I reckon you will end up with a nice natural result. It`s just a shame you have to have more surgery to correct this one.

T

Todd

If your doctor thinks that is good work I`d hate to see what they consider bad work. I`ve been reading the patient stories like crazy while on lockdown. The repair guys in your position seem to regret leaving the pluggy grafts in and just having new grafts planted around them, most wish they had the bad ones removed. The ones who had them removed seem happy. Will you be getting these bad ones removed?

I

ImJustAGuy

If your doctor thinks that is good work I`d hate to see what they consider bad work. I`ve been reading the patient stories like crazy while on lockdown. The repair guys in your position seem to regret leaving the pluggy grafts in and just having new grafts planted around them, most wish they had the bad ones removed. The ones who had them removed seem happy. Will you be getting these bad ones removed?
I’m going to leave it up to the doctors discretion. If he says removal And repurpose is best then i will remove.

So I have been finding and basically plucking out these super hard white bulbs with like 4-5 hairs in them. I’m just assuming that these are dead grafts at this point. I’ve probably pulled 5-10 of them out.

T

Todd

I doubt they are dead. The bulb will be alive and well under the skin and you`re pulling out the shafts. Which doctors are you considering to fix this mess?

R

Risingforehead

Sorry to hear about your surgery. How is your donor now?

I

ImJustAGuy

I doubt they are dead. The bulb will be alive and well under the skin and you`re pulling out the shafts. Which doctors are you considering to fix this mess?
So I’ve met with several doctors so far. I’m going to reach out to a few more.

I’ve got it down to three doctors at the moment but not sure if I should start floating names out there or not???

I

ImJustAGuy

Donor area is okay. It’s grown back. There is one spot that is still very sore to the touch. I’m hoping that fades in time.

I’ve been on a combo of Fin and minox for several months now(3) And I’ve seen some thickening of the mid scalp. Hoping that continues some.

The only place that looks rough is ironically the transplant area

I

ImJustAGuy

So I gave myself a shorter haircut and my horror story keeps growing. Clearly shows over harvesting of one area.
I will never be able to have my hair short again
. 29CEB5EA-527A-4C23-8C9F-E87E4168F59F.png

Last edited:

You could get SMP done if you want to continue to have short hair. Have you thought about leaving a google review for his clinic? You would at least be helping out people that are thinking of using him in the future.