• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

First FUE - 5 days post-op Disappointed

I finally seen my final results from Dr. Mike as well and it was less than ideal. I am however getting it fixed by Dr. Carlos Wesley in early Aug, so I hope he can give me the density I need. Dr. Mike is not a member of the ISHRS, but he is a member of the International Society of Robotic Hair Restoration Surgeons. I just hope Dr. Carlos can help fix what this guy did.

JoeTillman

JoeTillman

Valued member
I've never heard of an international society of robotic hair restoration surgeons. I saw on his website he says he's "board certified in robotic hair restoration". This is a completely made up credential.

"Dr. Michael F. Wisiorek is board certified in Robotic Hair Restoration Surgery, Emergency Medicine, and Family Medicine with affiliations with the International Society for Hair Restoration Surgeons, Scientific Membership to the International Society of Robotic Hair Restoration Surgeons."

This is what I could find. He used the HARRTS machine on me when I got it done with him.

I

ImJustAGuy

I've never heard of an international society of robotic hair restoration surgeons. I saw on his website he says he's "board certified in robotic hair restoration". This is a completely made up credential.
this is a response from him for a bad review on google:

I am sorry you got bad information.. yes, I am board certified in Emergency medicine, Family Medicine AND Robotic Hair Restoration. I hold a faculty scientific position with the ISRHRS, sitting membernof the ISHRS, authored the book "Growing Hair and Growing Your Business, and co-founder of HRA Robograft, an international training and franchise corporation

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Robograft, I’m going to have to read up on this one. Sorry to see your HT ended up like this. What does the doctor say about your end result?

JoeTillman

JoeTillman

Valued member
this is a response from him for a bad review on google:

I am sorry you got bad information.. yes, I am board certified in Emergency medicine, Family Medicine AND Robotic Hair Restoration. I hold a faculty scientific position with the ISRHRS, sitting membernof the ISHRS, authored the book "Growing Hair and Growing Your Business, and co-founder of HRA Robograft, an international training and franchise corporation

Again, there is no board certification in robotic hair surgery. There also is no board certification for the larger field of hair restoration surgery. To be certified in any medical field, as a doctor, the speciality must be recognized and certified through either the ABMS, ABPS or the AOABOS. The CLOSEST thing hair restoration has to a board certification is the ABHRS (American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery) but it too is not a true board. So much so that they themselves explain on their website how members are not to call themselves "board certified" as they are not a recognized speciality with the AMBS. To state otherwise, in some states, is illegal.

He may or may not be a member of the ISHRS. I can't find him but the search function on ISHRS.org doesn't seem to be working well for me. Regardless, it isn't a mark of quality or ability to join. As I said, it's an educational society. The "robotic" hair restoration he's using also doesn't appear to be a robot of any sort. I see no robotic articulating arm, I see no robotic device at all. I see a chair and a punch holding handle with a suction apparatus. I've seen this machine before, a few years ago, and it looks just as silly today as it did when I first saw it.

I

ImJustAGuy

So Dr Wisiorek is a member of the ISHRS.
I filed an ethics complaint.
They found no wrong doing

Their quote
“With regards to other items within your complaint, the Ethics Committee finds no violation of the ISHRS Code of Ethics. Your complaint has been dismissed. The ISHRS now considers this matter closed”

what a joke.

JoeTillman

JoeTillman

Valued member
So Dr Wisiorek is a member of the ISHRS.
I filed an ethics complaint.
They found no wrong doing

Their quote
“With regards to other items within your complaint, the Ethics Committee finds no violation of the ISHRS Code of Ethics. Your complaint has been dismissed. The ISHRS now considers this matter closed”

what a joke.
As I said, they're an educational society so they are impotent when it comes to disciplinary actions. The only organization with real teeth is your state medical board.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Here`s the code of ethics.

CODE OF ETHICS
of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery
PREAMBLE: Membership in the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (“ISHRS”) is a privilege accorded to physicians of the highest moral and professional standards, it is not a right. The ethical principles adopted by the ISHRS define the essentials of honorable behavior for the hair restoration surgeon.
I. The member recognizes that a greater moral responsibility is necessary in cosmetic surgery than in many other fields because of the often lack of oversight by government and/or peer review and the emotional involvement of the patient.
II. The member acknowledges that he or she is in a position of trust and will not betray that trust.
III. The member will not take emotional or financial advantage of patients.
IV. The member acknowledges that he or she is in a position to affect each patient’s appearance, self-confidence, and possibly the success of the patient for his or her entire life. With every treatment the lifelong effect is considered in light of continuing hair loss.
V. The member will recommend treatment for each patient as the member would recommend for themselves or another family member under the same circumstances. This does not mean that the treatment cannot be modified to accommodate the desires of the patient.
VI. Members will maintain truth and integrity in their advertising, always avoiding deceptive communications. If a member promotes a technique or an opinion which is not accepted by the majority of the profession as a whole, the member should acknowledge that this opinion or technique is the opinion or technique of the individual physician and not shared by the profession as a whole. Trademarking and copywriting names for common terms are discouraged.
VII. Members will not denigrate their colleagues using false or misleading information with the intent of injuring the reputation or business of an ISHRS member or any other physician performing hair restoration surgery by any means, either directly or indirectly to include print, radio, television, Internet advertising, Internet website activity, or any other public statement made by the member or his/her representative. Violation of this code will not be tolerated and is grounds for disciplinary action.
VIII. A member with knowledge of an illegal or improper act(s) by another physician should report such activity to the appropriate agency.
IX. A member shall continue to study, apply and advance scientific knowledge. A member shall pass knowledge on to colleagues.
X. The patient’s confidences shall be kept private. Information will be divulged only with the permission of the patient, except as otherwise required by law.
XI. Members will adhere to the codes of ethics of medical societies of their respective countries.
XII. Violation of this Code of Ethics shall be addressed in accordance with, and governed by, the Society’s Code of Ethics Disciplinary Procedures.
The Code of Ethics was last amended by the membership on October 11, 2014.

Techno1

Techno1

The state medical board is your best option. You may wish to check if non doctor personnel are allowed to punch out grafts in your state.

I

ImJustAGuy

The state medical board is your best option. You may wish to check if non doctor personnel are allowed to punch out grafts in your state.
I’ve gone to the NYS medical board. When I was describing my case to the person assigned to it, he wasn’t familiar with hair transplant so I have little faith. I’ve heard nothing from them for 3-4 months now. I’ll be calling tomorrow I guess.

I

ImJustAGuy

Here`s the code of ethics.

CODE OF ETHICS
of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery
PREAMBLE: Membership in the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (“ISHRS”) is a privilege accorded to physicians of the highest moral and professional standards, it is not a right. The ethical principles adopted by the ISHRS define the essentials of honorable behavior for the hair restoration surgeon.
I. The member recognizes that a greater moral responsibility is necessary in cosmetic surgery than in many other fields because of the often lack of oversight by government and/or peer review and the emotional involvement of the patient.
II. The member acknowledges that he or she is in a position of trust and will not betray that trust.
III. The member will not take emotional or financial advantage of patients.
IV. The member acknowledges that he or she is in a position to affect each patient’s appearance, self-confidence, and possibly the success of the patient for his or her entire life. With every treatment the lifelong effect is considered in light of continuing hair loss.
V. The member will recommend treatment for each patient as the member would recommend for themselves or another family member under the same circumstances. This does not mean that the treatment cannot be modified to accommodate the desires of the patient.
VI. Members will maintain truth and integrity in their advertising, always avoiding deceptive communications. If a member promotes a technique or an opinion which is not accepted by the majority of the profession as a whole, the member should acknowledge that this opinion or technique is the opinion or technique of the individual physician and not shared by the profession as a whole. Trademarking and copywriting names for common terms are discouraged.
VII. Members will not denigrate their colleagues using false or misleading information with the intent of injuring the reputation or business of an ISHRS member or any other physician performing hair restoration surgery by any means, either directly or indirectly to include print, radio, television, Internet advertising, Internet website activity, or any other public statement made by the member or his/her representative. Violation of this code will not be tolerated and is grounds for disciplinary action.
VIII. A member with knowledge of an illegal or improper act(s) by another physician should report such activity to the appropriate agency.
IX. A member shall continue to study, apply and advance scientific knowledge. A member shall pass knowledge on to colleagues.
X. The patient’s confidences shall be kept private. Information will be divulged only with the permission of the patient, except as otherwise required by law.
XI. Members will adhere to the codes of ethics of medical societies of their respective countries.
XII. Violation of this Code of Ethics shall be addressed in accordance with, and governed by, the Society’s Code of Ethics Disciplinary Procedures.
The Code of Ethics was last amended by the membership on October 11, 2014.

I filed with I, II, III, IV, VI, VII and provided long detailed explanation of all of it.

Techno1

Techno1

I’ve gone to the NYS medical board. When I was describing my case to the person assigned to it, he wasn’t familiar with hair transplant so I have little faith. I’ve heard nothing from them for 3-4 months now. I’ll be calling tomorrow I guess.

Give them a call and try to have an expert witness file a report for you.

Techno1

Techno1

You could ask for them to assign someone with more knowledge on hair transplantation.

016ACCA8-AD38-4563-B305-A3A2B7562CFA.jpeg

Last edited:
I

ImJustAGuy

In continuing, still no response from NYS.
I’ve reached out to so many surgeons here in the states and it’s all the same.
Unfortunately a $15000-20000 surgery is not in the cards right now.

Im slowly trying to build up the confidence to shave my head. The only issue with that is the front and center of the hairline is heavily pitted with big multi grafts so it’s going to look very awkward when I do. I’m going to have to try and pluck those 15 or so grafts out of my head.

Techno1

Techno1

I do not understand why the state medical board are not working with you on this. Maybe the local news would help bring awareness and force them to act.

Travelling out the country might be an option for lower costs.
It is very unfortunate you have found yourself in a worse position than before this attempt at hair restoration.
Try plucking those large grafts out before shaving. See how easy they are to remove. Shaving or buzzing is an option for you that you may have to take.

What options and advice have the surgeons offered you?

I

ImJustAGuy

I do not understand why the state medical board are not working with you on this. Maybe the local news would help bring awareness and force them to act.

Travelling out the country might be an option for lower costs.
It is very unfortunate you have found yourself in a worse position than before this attempt at hair restoration.
Try plucking those large grafts out before shaving. See how easy they are to remove. Shaving or buzzing is an option for you that you may have to take.

What options and advice have the surgeons offered you?
So I spoke to a clinic in Atlanta last week.

Basically they told me that I don’t have enough donor left to make the impact needed up front without causing a thinning look in the back. aka it’s going to be my last surgery and I’m going to have a very depleted donor.

they won’t over harvest but it will cause a back that won’t be great.
1800 or so grafts in the frontal zones.

They want to use exosomes on me as well to hopefully revive some native hairs.

I just have to decide now.

Getting to Atlanta is a challenge with the

I

ImJustAGuy

Are you going to take up this offer? Is it Dr. Coles clinic?

I’m seriously considering it.

It was with Dr Anderson and Dr Lee in Atlanta.

When researching top doctors Anderson kept showing up.

But now I’ve been told to avoid that place and avoid Artas all together. “It’s for unskilled surgeons”

This is entirely frustrating.