• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

FUE (1700 grafts) with Dr. Feriduni

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds good. If those pimples are sore, apply a warm damp compress for a few minutes a couple of times per day to clear them up.

E

ElCielo

Will have my final exam in Residency training tomorrow! Hoping for the best there. Will update with some new pics and first hair cut after the surgery on Friday.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
JRCore17 wrote:
Will have my final exam in Residency training tomorrow! Hoping for the best there. Will update with some new pics and first hair cut after the surgery on Friday.

Hope it went well today.
Getting that first haircut after an HT feels good. Looking forward to your next update.

E

ElCielo

Exam has been great, thank you!
As promised a small update after exactly 7 weeks. There are some small and dark hairs growing in the recipient area, but very sparse. Their speed of growth seems to be rather slow.

My original hair has grown back quite well and after today ´s hair cut I can feel quiet normal and comfortable with my looks. Wearing a hat outside mainly to protect from the sun.
So not much to report after 7 weeks. I hope I will see some first more relevant changes in the next weeks.
Best Regards

Attachments

• Napkin 17-03-17 11.50.39 AM.png.jpg
    Napkin 17-03-17 11.50.39 AM.png.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 1,048
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Good to hear the exam went well.
Your hair looks as it should at this stage, the redness in the recipient area will keep fading. It's good to get that first post op haircut, helps you return to normality.
Thanks for the update.

S

Save my Hair

valued member
Does the transplanted area feel sore at all? Do you think the dark hairs are transplanted grafts growing early?

E

ElCielo

No, there is no soreness. One of the pictures was taken just after application of minoxidil so the redness is pronounced. Since week 3 there was no unfamiliar sensation at all, even when touching the transplanted area. I also had no numbness.

The smaller dark hairs should be growing grafts, at least they are new. In other areas it is difficult to tell for me which hairs are old and which have newly emerged as I only slightly lowered my hairline and many grafts were put into miniaturised areas.

S

Save my Hair

valued member
Thanks for answering regarding the soreness.... Apart from the positive side effect of new growth and prohibiting DHT, we never hear of other positives from taking this drug.
Helping you with sleep insomnia outweighs the grogginess during the day, well, in your circumstances it does.... Does it matter if you take the pill in the morning or a few hours before bedtime? Possibly taking it around 8 pm would provide the help with sleeping and reduce the tiredness during the day because the body will be absorbing most of the drug while you're sleeping.

S

Save my Hair

valued member
Apologies or the above reply.... I thought I was on another thread, my bad.
Admin, could you delete above reply please.
JrCore. Nice to hear it's not sore at all.... I'm checking into everything HT in case I'm in a positition to go ahead sometime.

E

ElCielo

So far no relevant new hair growth 9 weeks post-op. Had a difficult period this weekend due to an incident last Friday. I was invited for some spontaneous coffee with my chief and he went outside with me for a 15min break. Fortunately It was a little cloudy, but I had no option to cover my head. Nevertheless I am slightly worried now. I received no serious sunburn. Difficult to say if there was a slight erythema as my recipient site is still a little bit red. Hope I will have no problems with growth now. What do you think?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
At 9 weeks post op I believe you will be fine getting a little Sun. You weren`t out too long and red does not necessarily mean burnt, your redness is the post op variety.
Double check with the doctor if you have further concerns.

E

ElCielo

Thank you very much for your response. At the moment there is no visual sign of activity. This makes me a little bit thoughtful. Hope to see some signs of improvement during the month of April.

Cosmedica Clinic

Cosmedica Clinic

Cosmedica UK
Hi there

Any further update pictures to show?

I hope everything is going well and Im here should you need any additional support

Mike Smith
UK Consultant
Cosmedica

E

ElCielo

These are pictures 10 weeks after my hair transplant. Unfortunately I had a severe bump on my recipient area (arrow), so probably destroyed some transplants there. In general I am going through the typical post-op rollercoaster. There might me some slight growth in the recipient area, but as expected is is visually not significant.

Attachments

• Napkin 08-04-17 11.42.00 AM.png.jpg
    Napkin 08-04-17 11.42.00 AM.png.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 887
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Unless you saw grafts come out the bump area they are most likely still in there.

E

ElCielo

Unfortunately my pictures are of bad quality. I will try to upload higher res pictures next time. But as I told you nothing of significance has happened so far.

E

ElCielo

This appears to be my better temple. Not many signs of activity the last days. I did not notice any new hair coming through the last 2 weeks, only present or original hair thickening a little bit.

Attachments

• IMG_2986.jpg
    IMG_2986.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 811
E

ElCielo

So hoping for the calm before the storm. Still a long time to go!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
The waiting game is hard. Soon enough all the waiting will be forgotten once the growth comes.