• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

HGC (Hair Growth Centre) London, Maida Vale

J

JonathanLondon

Today is 5 months since my FUE surgery. Am I expected to see much more growth still at this stage?

Attachments

• IMG_6859 copy.jpg
    IMG_6859 copy.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_6860 copy.jpg
    IMG_6860 copy.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_6862 copy.jpg
    IMG_6862 copy.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_6864 copy.jpg
    IMG_6864 copy.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 260
B

Baldingman23

Valued member
5 months is still very early days!!! I saw most of my growth around the 8-9 month mark

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Your hairline shape is there. 5 months is still too early to judge but providing you were planted at a decent density and the grafts have a high survival rate you should get a quite a bit more growth.

J

JonathanLondon

Your hairline shape is there. 5 months is still too early to judge but providing you were planted at a decent density and the grafts have a high survival rate you should get a quite a bit more growth.
Thanks Bigmac. Is it possible to send you a private message containing some personal info that I would appreciate your opinion on with regards to my progress? How would I send that to you?

JesterRIP

JesterRIP

Valued member
12 months is 80-90% coverage; 15 months they reckon 100% and 18 months if you got the crown done too : so don't be too disheartened just yet!

J

JonathanLondon

6 Months.

Attachments

• IMG_7115 Large.jpeg
    IMG_7115 Large.jpeg
    157.1 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_7117 Large.jpeg
    IMG_7117 Large.jpeg
    124.6 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_7116 Large.jpeg
    IMG_7116 Large.jpeg
    107.4 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_7110 Large.jpeg
    IMG_7110 Large.jpeg
    183.4 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_7113 Large.jpeg
    IMG_7113 Large.jpeg
    222 KB · Views: 195
J

JonathanLondon

Given my situation at 6 months, and earlier observations about density, i think it may be time to plan what i can do to improve the density:
I know that full growth is not expected until after 12 months, but at this stage it seems clear that this isn't going to fill as much as it should.

Can anyone please help me by answering the following questions?
  • Can maximum density be achieved using a DHI to insert grafts, or is that not necessary?
  • Is shedding of implanted hairs less likely with a DHI?
  • Is recovery, or hair growth expected to be quicker when implanted with DHI ?
  • When adding grafts to increase density, is recovery time expected to be as long as when adding hairline where there are no existing hairs, or is that not relevant?
  • Unfortunately budget is an important consideration for me, and with that in mind, can anyone recommend a good place to go for this?
  • I am open to travel to Turkey, but I am based in London.

J

Jason B

what was your opinion of HGC. I have been looking at them myself

JesterRIP

JesterRIP

Valued member
what was your opinion of HGC. I have been looking at them myself

I used their Romford branch and found it all very straightforward. I had Dr Vishal Nayak who seemed very good, although like a lot of places (especially Turkey) the technicians do the vast majority of the work (anesthetic, extraction and implants).

I posted a thread about it, as well as kept video diaries of my progress (I can't post links to it for some reason, but you can find it via my profile on here).

Overall though, I'm just over 5½ months in now and have to say I'm really happy with the results do far.

Started between a Norwood 4 and 5, 3,000 grafts and getting decent growth, with no PRP, minoxidil or other treatments.

This was taken at 4 months & 3 weeks:

IMG_20211228_144118.jpg

J

Jason B

Have you seen my vids?

I mention it at 4:42 in the vid below.

It all depends on your rate of loss, as well as your physical condition. I'm lucky in that my hairline has been more of less the same for 15-20 years. Whilst Rogaine, minoxidil, PRP etc can potentially halt further loss (and in some cases promote regrowth), once treatment stops the effects are undone.

One good indicator of how much you're going to lose by not taking it, is to look at the men in your family (your mum's side in particular). All the (older) guys in my family have exactly the same hairline; receded but not bald. Therefore I was pretty confident, at 46, there wasn't much further hair loss prevention needed. Plus I don't smoke, have good circulation etc.

Aside from that, it's supposed to promote the healing process but if you've seen my vids, along with your pictures, it looks like we've healed at a similar rate?

where did you have your transplant was it HGC.

J

Jason B

I used their Romford branch and found it all very straightforward. I had Dr Vishal Nayak who seemed very good, although like a lot of places (especially Turkey) the technicians do the vast majority of the work (anesthetic, extraction and implants).

I posted a thread about it, as well as kept video diaries of my progress (I can't post links to it for some reason, but you can find it via my profile on here).

Overall though, I'm just over 5½ months in now and have to say I'm really happy with the results do far.

Started between a Norwood 4 and 5, 3,000 grafts and getting decent growth, with no PRP, minoxidil or other treatments.

This was taken at 4 months & 3 weeks:

View attachment 29456
looks good. Hgc have told me I would require 2 sessions with 6 week gap. My son is getting married September so just hoping if i get it done soon it will grow enough nby then, I have posted pics on my profile,

JesterRIP

JesterRIP

Valued member
looks good. Hgc have told me I would require 2 sessions with 6 week gap. My son is getting married September so just hoping if i get it done soon it will grow enough nby then, I have posted pics on my profile,

Weird, it says I don't have permission to view your profile...

Yes I'd say if you can get in by the end of Apr you should be good for Sept (y)

J

Jason B

Weird, it says I don't have permission to view your profile...

Yes I'd say if you can get in by the end of Apr you should be good for Sept (y)
Even if I have to keep it short and let it grow after the wedding

C

Coopman

Valued member
Jonathon

To go one step forward you need to go 2 steps back.

It appears the density is too low around your hairline for you to get an adequate result. This is based on your post op photos And what your photos indicate now.

You need to wait another 6months to get your final result before you can consider getting the transplant repaired. (When i say repaired this is to get additional grafts to get the result you should have been provided with. Some clinics are doing poor design/low graft survival rate and referring to repairs as top ups. ).

Hopefully some more experienced posters on this forum will give you some advice.

One thing worth considering if the hairline remains sparse is to have a higher hairline (say 0.6-1cm) higher and have those grafts in that area moved back to form a new hairline. This needs to be considered if you have a low number of donor grafts available. This is only worse case and you would need to have an in person consultation with some top clinics for constructive advice on what to do next.

Cost is always a factor, there are some top Belgium clinics whom are reasonably priced and although the top UK clinics are around £4-5 a graft they have produced good documented results for many years.

It is certainly not game over your hairline will thicken in the next 4-6 months, it just means that at some stage you will need a 2nd HT to get a desirable result. Hair concealer and careful styling will disguise the hairline for now and give you the density to get a good look.

Good luck

(I have not had a HT, but have been fortunate to maintain my hair for over 20 years with Finasteride. So my opinion is based solely on my own research/knowledge gained through self education and not as a hair transplant patient)

JesterRIP

JesterRIP

Valued member
BigMac can you help with JesteRIP not being able to see my profile thanks

He's sorted it thanks ;-)

I've also had a look at your pics. Yes I can see why they have recommended two visits; I think the max they can do in the UK per visit is 3,000 Grafts.