• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Let`s talk Mental Health and depression due to hair loss

T

Teh Daddeh

Valued member
I've heard of Andy's Man Club I believe they are based near me in Dewsbury as far as I know? Great post thanks for sharing.

On the topic of Depression related to hair loss I read a news article a few days back talking about how the actor who plays David Platt was going to quit Coronation Street because of the depression he suffered due to his hairloss.....apparently hes feeling much better these days thanks to his Transplants and is glad he didn't quit but it just shows no matter what walk of life you have it can affect you the the same as the next man or women.
I think they have clubs all over the country.

Well, well worth exploring if anyone on here is having challenges in life.

They are non - judgmental and welcome all men from all walks of life.

Like I said before, I know someone who goes every week to one up north and he views the group as his family - more than his actual family, in fact.

Last edited:
zakaria sabbahi

zakaria sabbahi

Hi guys, speaking from experience I was extremely depressed when I started to loose my hair at such a young age, this was made even worse when I rushed into a transplant with the local butcher who made my situation a 1000 times worse.
My depression became so bad I would go out in the early hours of the morning to the local park on foot and sit and cry for hours so my family didnt see....I tried to take my life on 3 separate occasions wich fortunately didn't work.

I did seek help through a psychologist and was in a much better place when I got repaired by Shapiro Medical.

To those who think a transplant is a good idea and will fix all their problems then I would like to express caution because if your not in the right mind set or suffering with mental health prior to having a HT then your probably not going to by happy or satisfied with your results....its crucial you get the mental health side under control before you have a HT so you have realistic expectations and can enjoy your new hair......must be so hard for a doctor as well who gives a patient a great result but due to the patients health it doesnt make them happy.

All I'm saying guys is take care of your mental health it's important... then get a HT.

Has anyone else got any stories of their mental health issues and how their hair loss has affected them and their lives.
thats true , i know how all men want their hair back and will do everything to make it happen, and i know it destroyed you when you found that the result its bad it totaly make you down and sad and its also could make you fall into deep depression , i saw that many times ,we know that the look become so important and one of the most bad thing its when you cant live with the idea that you are bald ,what i wanna say here to you who have bad experince dont think about it and try to push your self from that circle dont be in more pain and try love yourself the way you are . thats will help you alot , and to you guys who gonna do hair transplant in futuer do your shearch and be careful .

H

HairHunter

Valued member
One other interesting point is I think some of the clinics posting insane looking results on Instagram (a lot of which I find hard to believe) are building guys hopes up for results that are unachievable. Resulting in disappointment even with decent results as Joe touched on earlier.

There is even times I find myself asking are these Mill Clinics ahead of the game or am I missing a trick!

zakaria sabbahi

zakaria sabbahi

One other interesting point is I think some of the clinics posting insane looking results on instagram (alot of which i find hard to believe) are building guys Hope's up for results that are unachievable. Resulting in disappointment even with decent results as Joe touched on earlier.

There is even times I find myself asking are these Mill Clinics ahead of the game or am I missing a trick!
problem now you find most people believe in social media

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
One other interesting point is I think some of the clinics posting insane looking results on Instagram (a lot of which I find hard to believe) are building guys hopes up for results that are unachievable. Resulting in disappointment even with decent results as Joe touched on earlier.

You are correct. Lots of images are taken in certain lighting conditions and angles to make it look better than it really is. Some will add concealers or other products. Then the average person who hasn`t really researched sees these results and believes they can get the same. Just another factor that leads to disappointment and the potential to cause depression.

H

Herr Loss

I really do feel for people who struggle to mentally come to terms with balding, it's particularly sad when I read guys on reddit in their late teens early 20's talking about how hair loss is destroying their confidence and mental health.

I'd say I've become more self-conscious during lockdown just because I've had more time to think about it and little else to plan towards. In a way it has been a good thing as it's given me the drive to do something about it.

I've never let it get me down to the point of depression but I can understand how it could affect people in this way, especially in this age of social media and influencers and their seemingly perfect looks (and locks), which is why I give all that a miss.

What annoys me most about being aware of my own hair loss is that I can't help but analyse everybody elses hair!