• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

My Hair Transplant with Dr. Josephitis - Shapiro Medical Group.

C

Crudance2006

Hi all,
I had my fue surgery yesterday at Shapiro Medical. Here is a brief write up on my experience.
I arrived at La Quinta on Tuesday, it is a nice hotel with a friendly staff. The rooms are clean and tidy, overall very good value for your money. I walked over to SMG shortly after settling in to make sure I knew where I was going. It was only 5 minutes away. Went to Jimmy Johns for some food and then back to the hotel to relax.

Wednesday morning I was up at 5.30, showered and went for breakfast. I then read the forums for a short while before heading out to SMG. I was still anxious as I made my way there, I arrived at 7:25 and was greeted by Del for pre-op pictures. Then I met Dr. Josephitis to discuss the surgery and ask any questions I had. I asked a ton of them but Dr. Josephitis answered them all which reassured me. Since I'm starting on Propecia and Rogaine foam, we decided around 1300 grafts would suit my needs. I am very happy with this plan of conserving my donor supply for future loss. We are hopeful that the meds will regrow some lost hairs and hold onto my native hairs.

Then it was time to get prepped for surgery. They were able to accommodate a military hair cut since I won't have much time off for work. The donor area will be shaved down without a guard. I rather liked my hair really short. I was numbed up by Dr. Joe and soon after he and Janna began extracting the grafts. They said the grafts were coming out beautifully and easily. I have to admit, I was surprised at how relaxed I was throughout the whole process. Dr. Joe and Janna were fun to talk to during the extractions. All the grafts were extracted by 11am and then the top of my head was numbed. Dr. Joe made all the incisions and then we broke for lunch. We ended up with 1324 grafts using a .8mm dull punch.

After lunch it was time to have my grafts to be implanted. I watched a movie while this was going on. Then before I knew it they were finished, it was a breeze. No pain whatsoever!. In hindsight I really had nothing to worry about. I took the shuttle back to the hotel and chilled out for the night.
Today I walked back to SMG to have my hair washed. Janna checked over my transplanted area making sure all the grafts were securely in, they were. I went over my post op instructions again and then said my goodbyes to all the staff. I can't believe how caring everyone is here, right down to Jennifer and Kelly at the front desk.

My experience has been exceptional, I'd like to say to anyone considering SMG that you won't be disappointed if my experience is anything to go by. I will post regular updates on my progress, I feel it's the least I can do to get the word out about Dr. Joe.
Thank you to everyone at SMG and the forums for all the information which helped me make an informed decision.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 1,836
Last edited:
timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
Congrats Crudance...

I just knew you would mention that you worried for nothing... Have seen that said so many times, but it's human nature...

The work looks very neat ...

Glad you had such a great experience with SMG... My one big regret is that I didn't go there... But it's still on my bucket list, so you never know..

Make sure you keep us all updated with your progress...

As they say "grow well"...

All the best

Tim

PurePhase

PurePhase

Hello Crudance2006

The work looks very clean like always from SMG. Going on the meds is a good idea and combined with the HT should leave you in a good place.

Best of luck.

SADbutTRUE

SADbutTRUE

Valued member
looking good bro, heal well and heres to great growthZ:BZ:B

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Hi crudance the work looks awesome and I really like the short style too...Can't wait to follow your progress....SMG are a class act and I'm sure your in for a great result.

I've only met Dr Joe once but he seemed like a very nice guy.....take care dude and thanks for posting your experience for us to read.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
That's a nice amount of grafts for that area, with the meds it should make a great difference filling the area area in nicely.Thanks for sharing your story with us, I'll look forward to following your progress.
All the best,
Bm.

C

Crudance2006

Hi all,
Been so busy I haven't had time to get online. Take a look at my 7 day post op pictures and let me know what you think.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 1,733
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Looking right on track at 7 days, thanks for the update.
Bm.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
I agree everything looks bang on track at 7 days dude.

C

Crudance2006

Thanks guys. Most of my grafts have shed now so I am back to my pre surgery state.

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Looking good my friend the waiting is worth the while just try and keep busy , the gym has been a great escape for me , have a great day buddy

Take care I care

Daz