• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

My HT Experiences with Shapiro Medical Group

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Work looks nice and clean.

I`ll look forward to following your progress.

Janna, thanks for adding the pictures.

O

ORLHAIR

Day 3 update. No longer taking anything for pain. Photo album updated. Can't seem to get the photos to show in the post for some reason.

O

ORLHAIR

Sorry about the double post.....just getting the hang of this.

Thanks Bigmac for your help and instructions!

Finally figured it out, so here are my day 3 photos.

IMG_0417.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

IMG_0408.jpg
;);););)

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Its looking nice and clean, the donor scar is nicely concealed.

I`m pleased to see my instructions were understandable.

Heal and grow well.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Looks really, really clean for 3 days post op. Too bad native hairs don't grow faster. Think it'll be tough to see remnant of surgery in another week or so when scabs are gone.

Glad you figured out bigmac's instructions, I can never understand him myself. c;;9
Your pic quality is great!

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Holy shit thats healing quick.....the pictures are superb and i'm also glad you managed to deceifer Bigmacs foreign language instructions::}{:

O

ORLHAIR

Thanks. I am amazed at how quick it is returning to a normal look......

O

ORLHAIR

Here are some 15 day post op photos. Everything is healing up very well. I got my staples out last Friday which made sleeping much better! I got a little hair cut today to get things blended in a little more.

IMG_0438.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Nice 15 POD pics. I'm impressed with ACell so far for healing. In the recipient area. Time will tell for growth and donor scar . Thanks for the update.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Not much sign of redness at all, maybe this is due to the use of Acell.

You`ve healed up nice so far.

Thanks for keeping us updated.

O

ORLHAIR

Here are some one month photo updates. Everything is healed up well. I would say over half of the grafted hairs have shed. The hair has grown out thick around the scar making it hard to see, which is great in such a short period of time. The native hair that was cut is growing back nicely on top (except it is really grey/white.....looking forward to the 2 month mark so I can color it. Donor area is slightly sensitive still at night, but not enough to disrupt sleep. Everything seems to be going well. Now just waiting for it to start growing in 2 or 3 months.

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0449.jpg

IMG_0440.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Looking good Orlhair, your donor is looking great.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Yeah i agree....looks fantastic!!! thanks for the updates, they really mean a lot ;)

janna

janna

Valuable Member
So far so good.........

Thanks again for the detailed pics.

O

ORLHAIR

This is my 2 month, 1 week update. All is well. The few grafts that did not shed have really started growing. I have noticed a few new hairs starting to grow over the past two months. Scar is hard to find.

IMG_0645.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg

IMG_0643.jpg

IMG_0639.jpg

IMG_0637.jpg

IMG_0636.jpg

IMG_0633.jpg

IMG_0632.jpg

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Having low contrast between skin and hair color certainly helps here but hard to find donor "strip" scars are getting to be the norm for most patients at SMG. I recall our conversation regarding your worry about strip scars. Really glad you healed well and don't have to contend with a linear scar.

Great job with the camera, the pics couldn't be better. Consistent pics each month really shows the progress well. Thanks for the update!

Last edited:
O

ORLHAIR

Thanks Janna......I am getting excited about the coming months! I meant that I had seen a few new hairs in the last couple of weeks, not months :)

I hope all is well.

O

ORLHAIR

Here are my 3 month update photos. A good bit of growth in the hairline and some showing in the crown already. Excited to see results already this early!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Nice pictures again, you can see the early growth.

Very pleased for you and thanks for keeping us updated.

Cheers Bm.