• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

My HT Experiences with Shapiro Medical Group

O

ORLHAIR

Hi All,

After thinking about if for a long time and doing my research, I am set for my first HT with Dr. Ron Shapiro. Excited, but nervous at the same time. I have a couple of questions. I am having work to restore my hairline and thicken the top a little. Post surgery, I will have 14-16 days before I have to be around people at work, since I can work at home for a while. Based on your experiences, how do you think things will look at that time? I have attached some pictures of my existing hair. I am growing it longer before the surgery because it is important to me for the scar to be hidden when I go to work around people. Since the surgery has been scheduled a while now I am going through that should I/shouldn't I phase, but my confidence level in SMG is getting me through this. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0372.JPG
    IMG_0372.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 2,974
L

Levrais

Valued member
I think it will depend on how many grafts you are getting and how much of the recipient area, if any, the doc will In my case, iwas was ok going back to work in a couple weeks but I had a relatively small procedure. How many grafts are you considering?

A

ADRIANNO

Hi orlhair
Iam sure by that time all will be ok.
Iam due to see doctor Ron on wed 20th and feel exactly the way you are feeling. I have to be back at work the following Tuesday and hoping no one will notice, I think Iam more concerned about that than the actual ht. Like yourself I have complete confidence in smg.

When are you due to have your ht?

O

ORLHAIR

I am having mine done on June 14th. You will have to let me know how everything goes.

L

Levrais

Valued member
you might be able to pull it off in that time frame. But it will still depend on how much shaving the doc will do in the front. I was able to convince the doc to leave me some in the front to cover the grafts and I was just barely able to pull it off.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi Orlhair,

With the session size scheduled for you, we'll likely be cutting your hair in the recipient area. We understand going back to work can be tricky for some patients so we'll do all we can to cut little as possible. Check with X-Men on this site - he had 2901 grafts planted in December at SMG. Like you, his main concern was getting back to work undetected but he didn't encounter anyone noticing. It looks like he has less native hairs on top than you so I think you'll have an easier time getting by. In your pre-op pics, you have a short haircut. Once your surgery is complete - you should look similar - something of a long military hair style. At this is point, it's good that you are growing out your hair. We'll be able to give you a proper cut after your surgery so that your hair in the back is just long enough to cover over your sutures while trimming the top to blend. You'll be in good shape.

We'll see you in couple months. Time will fly by.....

O

ORLHAIR

Thanks Janna.....that sounds great.....I am excited about it.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Not too lomng to go now. Hope it all goes smoothly and i`ll look forward to hearing all about it.

O

ORLHAIR

Thanks Bigmac & El Nino. Had a chance to stop by SMG last week when I was in Minneapolis on business. Looking forward to next week! I will keep everyone posted on my progress.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
All the best for your upcoming procedure dude.....looking forward to reading all about it mate.

O

ORLHAIR

Back at the hotel after a great experience with Dr. Shapiro...his brother Paul even popped in a few times. Janna and all
the staff were fantastic. Matt stopped in to check on me as well. Everyone went out of there way to make me feel comfortable all day. Ended up with 3048 grafts in both the crown an hairline(more in the hairline) I will post pics and more info when I return to Orlando.

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Good to hear it all went well, i`ll look forward to seeing your pictures.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
I'm sending pics and surgery details to Orlhair today. Great, great patient who we believe will have a great outcome. ACell was use for donor and recipient area so it'll be interesting to see the healing and growth progression.

Have a safe trip back home and keep in touch.

O

ORLHAIR

Hi Janna,

I created a gallery, but can't seem to get them to show in the posting. Also, for some reason I can't send a PM in here, so I could not contact Bigmac to see how to do this. Trip home was fine. Thanks again for all of your help. If you can get the pics posted that would be great.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Glad your home safe.

3048 Grafts = 6447 Hairs Total

1 €™s €“ 633

2 €™s €“ 1545

3 €™s €“ 756

4 €™s €“ 114

Strip size: 1.5cm width x 27.5 cm length.

ACell wound strips were used in the donor closure and ACell fine particles for the graft follicles.

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Slide4.jpg

Slide5.jpg

Slide6.jpg

T.C

T.C

Nice Hairline design although all SMG's hairlines are nice and natural !.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Thats going to look fantastic!!!! congratulations dude.....really happy for you mate.

Heal and grow well.

Nutster;)

O

ORLHAIR

Thanks all for your nice thoughts. I am very excited. Will continue to post updates.