• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Ranking of UK+ clinics by cost

L

ledgic

Hi,

Grateful for any help on this...Does anyone know of any resources that list out reasonably well-known hair transplant clinics in the UK and give a sense of their relative costs?

Appreciate that cost is only one factor (and arguably should not be a key one) and varies patient to patient etc. but as with most markets there are clearly "high end" and more "budget friendly" clinics with lots of shades in between. Would like to speak to a range across this spectrum (hopefully nearer the high end of the spectrum) to work out where might be a best fit for me. Clinics seem to give quite limited info on pricing on their websites (perhaps unsurprisingly) so am struggling to work out which ones to target.

Say UK+ because would also consider travelling to e.g. Europe (or even Turkey if could get comfortable with quality) if that was a more cost-effective way to access a good quality surgeon.

Many thanks
Ledgic

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
The average price range will be £2.50 - £5.00. Rather than look at cost, look at quality and results, then see what the price is. Clinics offering to do crazy numbers or unlimited grafts for a certain price I`d avoid if I was looking for HT.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Couldn't agree more with what Bigmac says...I appreciate cost is a factor in todays uncertain economic times but if you need to save for longer to go to a top clinic then the wait will be worth it in my opinion....nothing worse than going to a poor clinic based solely on price.....you only have so much donor, please dont waste it it dude.

Take it from someone who has been to a cheap crappy clinic in the past and spent years regretting that decision and living with the outcome.

CharlesRobinson

CharlesRobinson

Thank you for posting this. I also want the hair tranplant but need affordable and top rated clinic in UK because i live in london.

L

ledgic

Thank you Bigmac and bullitnut – that's really helpful and very much agree that HT is not something where you want to take a big risk.

And I do intend to target the top end of the market as far as possible but what would be considered a “top clinic”? Does it need to have such good 'credentials' that celebs and professional footballers have been treated there? Is going anywhere else a significantly greater risk of a poorer outcome? [In other words, do I need to fly private jet or might business class be ok? :) ]

More specifically, should you only consider the 23 UK surgeons listed on ISHRS or even the more select 10 listed for Europe? Does being ISHRS listed mean they are a good surgeon necessarily? How much does the quality and price vary across these clinics?

Appreciate this is quite subjective and different people will have different opinions. But any help or guidance with this very much appreciated.

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
I think whatever you pay, if the result is good it’s worth every penny. If it’s cheap and the result is bad then it’s more of a waste of money than an expensive good result.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Celebrity endorsements mean nothing, good for publicity but that’s about it. It is results that matter. A lot of celebs will have secret second HT’s but not mention it as they want the original result to be the advertising others see.
Look at patient results, read the feedback, don’t believe everything you read on review sites.

R

Ryanwelsh

Celebrity endorsements mean nothing, good for publicity but that’s about it. It is results that matter. A lot of celebs will have secret second HT’s but not mention it as they want the original result to be the advertising others see.
Look at patient results, read the feedback, don’t believe everything you read on review sites.
Hello and thanks for letting me join this forum. I to am considering a hair transplant due prefrebly, I've had two consultations both Cardiff based HQ and advanced hair studio. Can anyone give me any feedback on theses or any other surgery that I should consider? Thanks in advance.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Ryan.
You`re better off starting your own thread/post with details on your age, hair loss status etc.