• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

The Hair Dr. (Dewsbury/Leeds) - A Discussion

F

Fatjim

And here is dyed hair with a quick tap of fibres after a night out in leeds

Attachments

• 20211114_004959.jpg
    20211114_004959.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 348
  • 20211114_004833.jpg
    20211114_004833.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 336
  • 20211114_004903.jpg
    20211114_004903.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 329
F

Fatjim

So I'm pretty happy with the resuls so far, I've got a bit of maturing to go, but like the old saying..... the results are better than expected , but less than hoped for.
We are human after all

F

Fatjim

Don't forget me pre op nw6

Attachments

• 20201027_213833.jpg
    20201027_213833.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 314
  • 20201028_080243.jpg
    20201028_080243.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 350
F

Fatjim

I'm at the 9 month mark after receiving over 4,800 grafts - the most extensive procedure the clinic had ever done as of Feb. I completely understand that a large area was covered in one surgery and I wasn't expecting any absolute density from the procedure but after having 12,000 hairs moved from the back of my head to the top of it, I feel like I'm currently seeing 30% of these and it's worrying me. My hair was very thin before and it's a bit better now for sure, but definitely not 4,800 grafts better as of yet.

I expressed these concerns to the clinic and Dr. Arshad said that I'm "a bit behind on progress" than what he'd expect at this stage. I underwent PRP at the clinic recently for no extra cost after it had been suggested by Sommiya. She has been amazing through all of this.

The surgery itself was obviously very expensive, at over £13,000 although I feel like if many more hairs and grafts don't come through the real shame will be the waste of a more finite resource - the grafts themselves.

All I can do at this stage is take fin, apply minoxidil and hope for the best.

View attachment 28062
View attachment 28063
I was nervous at 8 months so went and had a chat with them, they put my mind at ease and gave me 8 months supply of oral minoxidil for free.....so to me you just have to wait it out.

F

Follicly_challenged

Negativity is probably better described as reality of events. The point of the forum is to inform and allow dialogue to discuss. It would be perfect if everyone had a great result but to feel oppressed by reality only encourages an unhealthy echo chamber of only agreeable views. This would only hide the truth and deter from an open and honest dialogue. A good forum is not an echo chamber for good or bad depending on your point of view. Hence the forum not recommending clinics.

Regardless of what clinic people choose, the forum supports them and we all want everyone to have a result they’re happy with.

Replies to comments or images are not attacks or negative to the individual. Only comments on results or the situation. As a patient myself I have had less than flattering things said about my hair in the past. It was never personal to me and often it helped me understand I was not alone.
Whilst I completely agree that honest, documented postings should be encouraged regardless of the outcomes, it’s the negative individuals jumping on the bandwagon that is disappointing.

Also the individuals that give advice when they’ve never been through the process.

I’m certainly not suggesting contorting the truth to sugarcoat poor results, clinics should stand by their results in order to improve standards.

We need to consider the impact that comments have to the original poster. A couple of comments have been in poor taste whilst trying to berate this clinic.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Replies to comments or images are not attacks or negative to the individual. They are comments on results or the situation. Frankly as an open platform I believe the manner of replies is respectful, especially compared to other platforms. As I mentioned earlier, as a repair patient myself I have had less than flattering things said about my hair in the past. It was never personal to me and often it helped me understand I was not alone. I have spent many hours in private talking and replying to users that have posted their results. Not one has ever suggested the forum was against them or negative to them. In fact the opposite, thanked for the support.

E

Edsarn

Replies to comments or images are not attacks or negative to the individual. They are comments on results or the situation. Frankly as an open platform I believe the manner of replies is respectful, especially compared to other platforms. As I mentioned earlier, as a repair patient myself I have had less than flattering things said about my hair in the past. It was never personal to me and often it helped me understand I was not alone. I have spent many hours in private talking and replying to users that have posted their results. Not one has ever suggested the forum was against them or negative to them. In fact the opposite, thanked for the support.
Completely agree @Bigmac - comments are not anyway attacks on the individual, but about the work of the surgeon who performed the surgery. I have also been on the receiving end of negative comments (on another forum) regarding my choice to go to Dr De Reys for a second surgery. At the time it hurts reading them, but I truly believe it is important that we are able to comment on the work of surgeons, especially the poorer cases to:
a) show that even the best surgeons do have subpar results,
b) hair transplants are not perfect, and
c) allow others to make informed decisions about the surgeon they want to use.

Just my thoughts.

Z

Zgb210194

This is slightly concerning- these pics are from a guy who had a procedure in Aug 2020.
I’m absolutely (99.99%) sure it’s the same patient, so this is possibly a fraudulent post or it’s your second procedure and you set up a new profile to document this?. Point of note, this is also the only post on this forum?
What’s concerning is you’re not a copper and are instead on here trying to question one of the good guys in the industry. For context:

- I had a initial procedure in Aug 2020 which I documented on another forum, the results of this were amazing but I wanted some adjustment to my hairline.

- I spoke to Dr Arshad and he explained the hairline could be lowered and adjusted

- I had a second procedure 11 weeks ago and this has gone really well so far

- I have not posted on this forum before but have been lurking on forums for years and felt it would be worth reviewing how supportive the clinic has been for my journey

- just because it’s your my post on the forum does not mean it is not genuine

- who are you the gestapo?

This is me at 11.5 weeks, no finasteride or medication either.

I wouldn’t come on here and defend Dr Arshad if I didn’t rate him but I think it’s really unfair how much you’re scrutinising an honest man’s craft.

Attachments

• 9265F766-F362-425B-8244-D994D6983B61.jpeg
    9265F766-F362-425B-8244-D994D6983B61.jpeg
    61.5 KB · Views: 301
  • 7E872CF8-2446-44A8-B77A-6C878EA06A04.jpeg
    7E872CF8-2446-44A8-B77A-6C878EA06A04.jpeg
    72 KB · Views: 276
  • 9703117B-7D5E-40D8-8CEB-84D0D1A78A35.jpeg
    9703117B-7D5E-40D8-8CEB-84D0D1A78A35.jpeg
    65.9 KB · Views: 264
  • 73CFD323-23B1-4FEC-8918-D3E247B4C6AE.jpeg
    73CFD323-23B1-4FEC-8918-D3E247B4C6AE.jpeg
    65.3 KB · Views: 312
R

Risingforehead

Sheddin Stevens if id paid £13000 for your current results id be devastated as your growth looks to be extremely minimal. I hope you get it rectified but in your shoes id be asking for some answers.

M

My2021story

What’s concerning is you’re not a copper and are instead on here trying to question one of the good guys in the industry. For context:

- I had a initial procedure in Aug 2020 which I documented on another forum, the results of this were amazing but I wanted some adjustment to my hairline.

- I spoke to Dr Arshad and he explained the hairline could be lowered and adjusted

- I had a second procedure 11 weeks ago and this has gone really well so far

- I have not posted on this forum before but have been lurking on forums for years and felt it would be worth reviewing how supportive the clinic has been for my journey

- just because it’s your my post on the forum does not mean it is not genuine

- who are you the gestapo?

This is me at 11.5 weeks, no finasteride or medication either.

I wouldn’t come on here and defend Dr Arshad if I didn’t rate him but I think it’s really unfair how much you’re scrutinising an honest man’s craft.
Firstly- you did not state that this was a second procedure with the Dr. Simply that you were 11 weeks post op.
Secondly- lose the attitude. We are all here to help each other.
Forgive me for calling out the fact that on THIS FORUM you only have one post.

you need to be clearer and lose the attitude. We are all here for the same reasons

Z

Zgb210194

Firstly- you did not state that this was a second procedure with the Dr. Simply that you were 11 weeks post op.
Secondly- lose the attitude. We are all here to help each other.
Forgive me for calling out the fact that on THIS FORUM you only have one post.

you need to be clearer and lose the attitude. We are all here for the same reasons
Cool story bro, wishing happy growth to everyone

C

CurlymixedUK

Hey all, just wondering if anyone has any recent results/updates from their HT with Dr Arshad? I’ve been considering this clinic for some time as ideally I would like to get my HT done in the UK, but I’ve seen a fair few patients with the same issue (lack of density / growth) alongside some really good results, so I’m unsure. Would be great to get some recent updates

Reactions: 41M
B

Bobbybeans

I was quoted 2000 over the phone and on the day Dr Arshad agreed with the quotation. The one thing I remember asking for on the day was good density. Just over 2000 were used for my procedure and everyone commented how I was set for a great result.

I'm not sure now what the members at the clinic think is a good result but the progress so far seems to suggest nowhere near a good result.

My main concern is how many grafts have I lost. Knowing that I can go fairly short at the back now, I will be gutted knowing that this won't be possible any longer because I (likely) require a top up and another 500-1000 grafts placed. Based on the % of successfully mature hairs I would not be confident that this would be good enough either.

Gutted is the word. I really put my trust in this clinic. What I'd like to know is, are the grafts there in the gaps I see or not? Can they come through and why haven't they come through?

Is there an element of being too careless post procedure... I wouldn't think so but it would be disappointing as I followed the rules.

For me... The loss of grafts, the loss of time and the disappointment is very very hard to bear. I now likely will NEVER have the outcome that I was sold or wished for.
Hi all.

This is exactly the same experience for me. I'm not gutted, I'm actually appalled and furious at the quality of the outcome. I had my first treatment with UK hair transplant clinics (yeah, what a fool), 3500 grafts.

Both Dr Arshad and Sommeya told me what a mess their work was and that I was now in the right hands, and post surgery (roughly 3600 grafts), that I would achieve good density and get a brilliant outcome. 13 months later, it's even worse than the first surgery I had with UK hair transplant clinics. My crown area is almost as thin as before. You can see a gap going around my entire head, between my native hair and transplanted hair. He gave me a new, lower hairline; well, I've never seen anything so bad. Not only is it so thin that you can actually count the hairs, there is a distinct gap between the newly transplanted hair and the existing hair.

Nobody can tell me that this isn't the fault of the surgeon. Grafts that don't come through are down to a poor surgeon. If you look after your grafts, post surgery (I was incredibly meticulous), there is no excuse for a rubbish outcome.

I look an idiot and I've paid £12'000 for the privilege. There's absolutely no way I trust him to do a top-up surgery.

Surely, there must be a way to seek compensation for such terrible work?

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
Hi all.

This is exactly the same experience for me. I'm not gutted, I'm actually appalled and furious at the quality of the outcome. I had my first treatment with UK hair transplant clinics (yeah, what a fool), 3500 grafts.

Both Dr Arshad and Sommeya told me what a mess their work was and that I was now in the right hands, and post surgery (roughly 3600 grafts), that I would achieve good density and get a brilliant outcome. 13 months later, it's even worse than the first surgery I had with UK hair transplant clinics. My crown area is almost as thin as before. You can see a gap going around my entire head, between my native hair and transplanted hair. He gave me a new, lower hairline; well, I've never seen anything so bad. Not only is it so thin that you can actually count the hairs, there is a distinct gap between the newly transplanted hair and the existing hair.

Nobody can tell me that this isn't the fault of the surgeon. Grafts that don't come through are down to a poor surgeon. If you look after your grafts, post surgery (I was incredibly meticulous), there is no excuse for a rubbish outcome.

I look an idiot and I've paid £12'000 for the privilege. There's absolutely no way I trust him to do a top-up surgery.

Surely, there must be a way to seek compensation for such terrible work?
Have you documented your journey here both with the UK hair clinic and the hair dr?? So we can see some pictures from both procedures??

B

Bobbybeans

Have you documented your journey here both with the UK hair clinic and the hair dr?? So we can see some pictures from both procedures??
Not yet, as I've just joined this site.

I am due a meeting with Dr Arshad and will add some pics after then. I will also add the details of the discussion with him. Personally, I have found their aftercare none existent. Due to lack of growth, at nine months it was me who contacted them and requested a meeting. At the twelve month point I heard nothing and still haven't.

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
Not yet, as I've just joined this site.

I am due a meeting with Dr Arshad and will add some pics after then. I will also add the details of the discussion with him. Personally, I have found their aftercare none existent. Due to lack of growth, at nine months it was me who contacted them and requested a meeting. At the twelve month point I heard nothing and still haven't.
That’s very strange because they have always checked in with me on my first procedure 16 months ago and even on my 2nd procedure last week they have been quick to reply to all my questions. They even messaged me the morning after to send them
Pics to check everything was ok

Last edited:
B

Bobbybeans

That’s very strange because they have always checked in with me on my first procedure 16 months ago and even on my 2nd procedure last week they have been quick to reply to all my questions.
Not happened with me. I read a lot of good things about them, one of them being the aftercare, but I have definitely not found this to be the case.

I wanted to be in the best hands in order to correct the shambles of UK hair transplant clinics and I spent a lot of time researching, but right now, I am extremely unhappy with my outcome.

Like others, I have been given the free oral minoxidal and fin, been advised to buy zinc and vit d supplements, and been told they'll give me the plasma treatment if it doesn't improve. However, we all know that none of this should be necessary; we also know that none of it will give any significant improvement to the situation. Yes, occasionally, there are the odd anomalies who experience decent growth in the mid scalp and crown areas between month 12 and 18, but these are very rare cases.

I'd appreciate any advice on how to take this forward.

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
Not happened with me. I read a lot of good things about them, one of them being the aftercare, but I have definitely not found this to be the case.

I wanted to be in the best hands in order to correct the shambles of UK hair transplant clinics and I spent a lot of time researching, but right now, I am extremely unhappy with my outcome.

Like others, I have been given the free oral minoxidal and fin, been advised to buy zinc and vit d supplements, and been told they'll give me the plasma treatment if it doesn't improve. However, we all know that none of this should be necessary; we also know that none of it will give any significant improvement to the situation. Yes, occasionally, there are the odd anomalies who experience decent growth in the mid scalp and crown areas between month 12 and 18, but these are very rare cases.

I think you should start a separate thread and post some pictures post HT, pictures from your first HT and then pictures of your 2nd HT. At least members on here can then see what’s happened with your results

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member

Hi Bobbybeans, I’m sorry to hear you’re not happy but without pictures and more details it’s hard to comment. As Baldingman says, starting your own thread in the patient section will be helpful.