• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

The Hair Dr. (Dewsbury/Leeds) - A Discussion

H

Helpwiththehair

It is strange that many patients appear to be told they will need more grafts on the day compared to The quotation given at point of consultation.

Clearly this could put patients in a tricky situation – either pay the extra money to get the result you had hoped based on your original consultation, or if you are unable to afford extra grafts then you are potentially being told that you won't get the desired result , based on the grafts you had originally been quoted on being insufficient. (An extra 500 grafts is paid for would be an additional £1500, which is a lot of money)
Agreed, that is a lot of money. It also seems like a large number to be off by everytime, as well as it always being the same number.

I wonder if anyone has said no?

Have you been a patient there yourself?

D

Dave_2022

Agreed, that is a lot of money. It also seems like a large number to be off by everytime, as well as it always being the same number.

No, although they were on my shortlist, but given the number of poor results I will be getting my procedure done elsewhere.

C

CrankySysadmin

Valued member
It is strange that many patients appear to be told they will need more grafts on the day compared to The quotation given at point of consultation.

Clearly this could put patients in a tricky situation – either pay the extra money to get the result you had hoped based on your original consultation, or if you are unable to afford extra grafts then you are potentially being told that you won't get the desired result , based on the grafts you had originally been quoted on being insufficient. (An extra 500 grafts is paid for would be an additional £1500, which is a lot of money)
Your comment is total nonsense. I was told 2000 grafts would be needed, and on the day of surgery Dr Arshad checked over my hair and said "2000 grafts is what is needed as I won't get anymore in there". Do you not think with the lockdown and the many, many consultations being done over video calls it has made it tricky to give an exact number on grafts needed? Please engage brain.

C

CrankySysadmin

Valued member

You seem to be trying your best to whip up as much hysteria about the clinic as possible. If you have had surgery done at the clinic, were unhappy with the results and the HairDr refused to help in anyway, I could understand all of comments you keep posting. But you haven't.

Last edited:
N

Norwood

Valued member
Is the graft estimates given by the consultant or the surgeon prior to day of surgery at the clinic?

Tomuk85

Tomuk85

I was quoted 2000 , however via video call and with the pictures I sent they wouldn't have known 100%. I was given the option of having more grafts to go further back to get a long lasting result but didn't feel pressured at all and tbh in my mind was ready to increase the number financially if recommended. In the end I paid for 2500 but received just under 3000 so didn't feel hard done by.

Am I happy with the result being nearly 12 months and having nearly 8000 hairs transplanted..... Kind of but I will go into more detail in my forum post.

Reactions: TBH
T

TBH

I was quoted/ paid for 1500- on the day 2000 was suggested so I paid the extra. I did query the 1500 initially, as I knew from reviewing other cases that it was the amount I would need. From memory they said they would review it in person on the day and I could pay the excess then, so I had the money ready and transferred it over before the op.

S

SPHW88

I was quoted 2000 over the phone and on the day Dr Arshad agreed with the quotation. The one thing I remember asking for on the day was good density. Just over 2000 were used for my procedure and everyone commented how I was set for a great result.

I'm not sure now what the members at the clinic think is a good result but the progress so far seems to suggest nowhere near a good result.

My main concern is how many grafts have I lost. Knowing that I can go fairly short at the back now, I will be gutted knowing that this won't be possible any longer because I (likely) require a top up and another 500-1000 grafts placed. Based on the % of successfully mature hairs I would not be confident that this would be good enough either.

Gutted is the word. I really put my trust in this clinic. What I'd like to know is, are the grafts there in the gaps I see or not? Can they come through and why haven't they come through?

Is there an element of being too careless post procedure... I wouldn't think so but it would be disappointing as I followed the rules.

For me... The loss of grafts, the loss of time and the disappointment is very very hard to bear. I now likely will NEVER have the outcome that I was sold or wished for.

E

Edsarn

I had a surgery with Dr Arshad in 2019, and am happy with the results and all of the aftercare provided. I have noticed a few results that are probably not as good as some of their earlier results. It would be really interesting if a representative from the clinic or the Dr himself could come on here and address some of the concerns and reasons why the results might not be up to the high standards they set. It could be that some of the poorer results the patients are an anomaly, but equally there might be some reason for this and it would be interesting to see how the clinic will address this. Just my thoughts.

Reactions: 41M
E

Edsarn

Also, does anyone know if Helen is still working there? Along with Dr Arshad, she did all of my extractions and supervised the implantation phase. She is very experienced, having worked with Dr Cole for many years, and I know she worked on many of the results posted here.

E

Edsarn

I’ve had a look at a lot of the recent results from the Hair Dr and I still think the vast, vast majority of the results are excellent. No HT surgeon has 100% perfect record and one really excellent thing about the Hair Dr is that they offer free tops up for those who are not happy. I am thinking of having a top up to my crown and have full confidence in Dr Arshad and his team.

Z

Zgb210194

Hey all,

I just wanted to say that Dr Arshad has been a star for me, never once has there been any miscommunication regarding grafts or anything like that.

I have regular contact with him as well as Sommiya and Adam who have all been great throughout the entire process and I honestly don’t have a bad word to say about them and you can see the results coming through already.

Attachments

• C52E9A6F-A81A-4292-8B79-454C3F400CB5.jpeg
    C52E9A6F-A81A-4292-8B79-454C3F400CB5.jpeg
    248.4 KB · Views: 350
  • 6D6724D9-363D-4FC0-ADB1-905D922421A3.jpeg
    6D6724D9-363D-4FC0-ADB1-905D922421A3.jpeg
    277.5 KB · Views: 305
  • 0DD05E56-51F4-4369-9EC7-35BA36742542.jpeg
    0DD05E56-51F4-4369-9EC7-35BA36742542.jpeg
    259.9 KB · Views: 279
  • C7979A2A-91F6-445D-B9C7-637E6862ABE0.jpeg
    C7979A2A-91F6-445D-B9C7-637E6862ABE0.jpeg
    74.5 KB · Views: 285
  • 3B39FE85-8610-465C-BF27-945FB8F50C8B.jpeg
    3B39FE85-8610-465C-BF27-945FB8F50C8B.jpeg
    209.2 KB · Views: 275
  • 14C08370-15A2-4FE3-9B4D-4EFC1FCECA2F.jpeg
    14C08370-15A2-4FE3-9B4D-4EFC1FCECA2F.jpeg
    57.3 KB · Views: 273
  • 0FFD62E8-0E17-468A-A1C0-899D7F2AAEE3.jpeg
    0FFD62E8-0E17-468A-A1C0-899D7F2AAEE3.jpeg
    78.4 KB · Views: 271
  • 07B817CA-946E-45AE-B654-6AB1D44ABEAC.jpeg
    07B817CA-946E-45AE-B654-6AB1D44ABEAC.jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 287
  • AB6400AD-9753-42DF-B840-7DBC2549299D.jpeg
    AB6400AD-9753-42DF-B840-7DBC2549299D.jpeg
    68.8 KB · Views: 357
F

Follicly_challenged

I had a surgery with Dr Arshad in 2019, and am happy with the results and all of the aftercare provided. I have noticed a few results that are probably not as good as some of their earlier results. It would be really interesting if a representative from the clinic or the Dr himself could come on here and address some of the concerns and reasons why the results might not be up to the high standards they set. It could be that some of the poorer results the patients are an anomaly, but equally there might be some reason for this and it would be interesting to see how the clinic will address this. Just my thoughts.
I completely hear what you’re saying in regard to the clinic commenting, but due to client privacy I don’t this this will happen on a public forum. (And rightly so).

I’m planning on visiting them after 9 months irrespective of the results. Currently 7 weeks in.

I was quoted 3k grafts, with a caveat in the correspondence saying this may change as it was quoted via a FaceTime call and/or pictures.
Unless you’ve had a face to face consult/examination, there is no way of accurately estimating the grafts .

I had concerns regarding over harvesting and Dr Arshad respected that and agreed to monitor throughout. Finished a shade over 3k and my donor looks untouched after 7 weeks.

I’m a little unnerved by some of the other recent results. I was reassured on the day that I had a decent donor area, excellent quality hair for a HT and that the Dr was very pleased with the extraction and implanting.

I’ve followed all the guidance to the letter, sleeping upright for the best part of 3 weeks! Cut out alcohol and caffeine completely from 1 month prior until now (may have a couple of drinks over Xmas) and am taking all the meds, vitamins and eating a decent varied diet.
Fingers crossed I’ll have a good result.

I’ve decided not to update my progress at the moment. The negativity on this forum towards this clinic isn’t particularly constructive and (for those of us whom have actually HAD a HT) remaining positive during the shedding stages is tough enough without the negative comments.

Happy to discuss things on PM if people did have questions, I’ve found this to be much more constructive than the public posts.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Negativity is probably better described as reality of events. The point of the forum is to inform and allow dialogue to discuss. It would be perfect if everyone had a great result but to feel oppressed by reality only encourages an unhealthy echo chamber of only agreeable views. This would only hide the truth and deter from an open and honest dialogue. A good forum is not an echo chamber for good or bad depending on your point of view. Hence the forum not recommending clinics.

Regardless of what clinic people choose, the forum supports them and we all want everyone to have a result they’re happy with.

Replies to comments or images are not attacks or negative to the individual. Only comments on results or the situation. As a patient myself I have had less than flattering things said about my hair in the past. It was never personal to me and often it helped me understand I was not alone.

M

My2021story

Hey all,

I just wanted to say that Dr Arshad has been a star for me, never once has there been any miscommunication regarding grafts or anything like that.

I have regular contact with him as well as Sommiya and Adam who have all been great throughout the entire process and I honestly don’t have a bad word to say about them and you can see the results coming through already.
This is slightly concerning- these pics are from a guy who had a procedure in Aug 2020.
I’m absolutely (99.99%) sure it’s the same patient, so this is possibly a fraudulent post or it’s your second procedure and you set up a new profile to document this?. Point of note, this is also the only post on this forum?

F

Fatjim

I havnt posted for a while due to life and shit getting in the way, but the hair dr seem to be getting bad comments which I think is harsh.
We all expect more and few are satisfied with the results, so what if you have to have a top up, the hair dr always said if you are not happy they will top for free. Maybe saying this has gone against them.
I will start updating my blog now.
I will get out of this loverly bath I'm having and towel dry my hair and brush it back for you to look at

F

Fatjim

My hair is wet, and under the spotlight in the first pic and the second is where I usually stand

Attachments

• 20211214_215037.jpg
    20211214_215037.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 295
  • 20211214_215042.jpg
    20211214_215042.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 295
  • 20211214_215059.jpg
    20211214_215059.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 301