• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Unnatural Hairline - Repaired by Dr Cooley

H

Hairntear

Valued member
I had my surgery with Dr Cooley and it was the best experience I could have hoped for, far beyond my already high expectations. Dr Cooley and his team are truly passionate and care about what they are doing.

The main reason for choosing Dr Cooley was that I wanted a doctor involved in all parts of the procedure and he definitely was, literally everything including detailed consultation on hairline, shampooing, cutting my hair, graft removal, electrolysis, incisions and graft placement. It is all such a well oiled machine and everyone in the team is an expert in what they are doing and on the same wavelength.

The graft count is as follows:

• Single: 453
  • Double: 717
  • Triple: 18
Total Grafts: 1188

A Cell was injected into both my donor and
recipient area

30 approx grafts were destroyed by electrolysis as they would have been transacted and the rest of the grafts on the forehead were removed via FUE and recycled into the hairline.

The team is going to send me some photos but in the meantime here are some that I’ve taken below:

This is how my hairline looked like just before surgery. Photos were taken by Dr Cooley.

You’ll see I actually trimmed down the right hand side because it looked very bad and was impossible to style

Unnatural hairline repair.jpeg

Hairline repair.jpeg

Repair of unnatural hairline.jpeg

(Please note this repair surgery was just 24 hours ago and I have zero pain or taking pain killers, just some slight swelling)

Dr Cooley Hair Transplant2.png
Dr Cooley Hair Transplant3.png

Dr Cooley Hair Transplant4.png
Dr Cooley Hair Transplant5.png

Dr Cooley Hair Transplant6.png
Dr Cooley Hair Transplant7.png

Third-day recovery, clearing up extremely nicely, little to no numbness, and zero pain.

Dr Cooley Hair Transplant8.jpeg

Dr Cooley Hair Transplant11.jpeg

Dr Cooley Hair Transplant10.png
Dr Cooley Hair Transplant9.png

Attachments

• Dr. Cooley Hair Transplant1.png
    Dr. Cooley Hair Transplant1.png
    603.8 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
H

Hairntear

Valued member
Day 5 recipient site.

Day 5 recipient site - Dr. Jerry Cooley..jpeg

Day 6 Donor and recipient.

Day 6 donor post op dr. Jerry Cooley.jpeg

Day 6 post op recipient - Dr. Jerry Cooley.jpeg

Day 7, appreciate anyone’s thoughts on how they think it’s progressing so far?

Also, what is the typical timeline that the redness is present in the recipient area?

post op day 7 Dr. Cooley.jpeg

Pst Op day 7 - Hair Center.jpeg

Day 9, redness starting to fade.

Day 9 post op Dr. Jerry Cooley.jpeg

1 month update guys, coming along really nicely and the redness has begun to fade which is nice.

It’s strange having a hairline that isn’t unnaturally straight as I’ve been used to that for the past year lol but anyway I’m excited to see how this pans out.

Dr. Cooley hair transplant5.jpeg

Dr. Cooley hair transplant3.jpeg

Dr. Cooley hair transplant1.jpeg

Dr. Cooley hair transplant6.jpeg

Dr. Cooley hair transplant7.jpeg

Attachments

• Day 9 post op Dr. Jerry Cooley.jpeg
    Day 9 post op Dr. Jerry Cooley.jpeg
    209.7 KB · Views: 102
  • Dr. Cooley hair transplant2.png
    Dr. Cooley hair transplant2.png
    392.3 KB · Views: 113
  • Dr. Cooley hair transplant4.png
    Dr. Cooley hair transplant4.png
    654 KB · Views: 113
H

Hairntear

Valued member
6 Week Update

Hi Guys, thought I’d drop a 6 week update, not a huge amount has changed but definitely can feel stubble coming through and if you look closely you can see the hairs starting to sprout.

I appreciate the hairline seems fairly dense but please bear in mind that I have already had 2 transplants in this area and the goal is to repair the unnaturalness.

Any comments or questions appreciated.

Also I had a quick question regarding shedding, does this typically stop now or should I expect more?

pictures below of hair dry and wet.

Dr Cooley1.jpeg
Dr Cooley2.jpeg
Dr Cooley3.jpeg
Dr Cooley4.jpeg
Dr Cooley5.jpeg
Dr Cooley6.jpeg
Dr Cooley7.jpeg
Dr Cooley8.jpeg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Hairntear. Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your story. It`s good to hear everything went well during this surgery.
Your original hairline was poorly designed giving it the unnatural appearance that I`m sure made you paranoid. Having the punchouts and electrolysis, together with Dr Cooley`s skill and the newly transplanted grafts should create a nice natural look. You healed well post op with the redness subsiding a lot.
Shedding should have stopped at 6 weeks. Sometimes you might have stalled hairs that need a little help to shed. It`s a bonus if you`re feeling new stubbles popping through this early.
I`m looking forward to following your progress.
All the best.
Bm.

Bully

Bully

That is impressive how quickly your scalp improved. The temple areas look much better with the new design, together with your existing hairline you would think nothing has been done, no sign of surgery. A testament to the ability of Dr. Cooley He sure is an elite doctor.

H

Hairntear

Valued member
Thanks guys for the feedback, I’m looking forward to seeing how this progresses!

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
It will be a huge relief for you having the hairline shape rectified and the naturalness that will follow with the new grafts....Dr Cooley is a class act.

H

Hairntear

Valued member
Thanks @bullitnut ! I think it looks better already. The thing was before you could see a lot thick like clumps of hair which looked stalky when I styled it back. We removed some of them but Dr Cooley said he couldn’t remove all as we would then end up with a problem of a lack of density which would put me in a worse spot. I’m just at that 7 week mark where I’m waiting for the hair to start growing and feeling a bit anxious as I can still see some stalky thicker grafts in the hairline. I’m hoping that with the new singles dr Cooley planted and the right angles that they will camouflage the thicker grafts and the hairline will have a natural soft appearance where the naked eye can’t detect exactly where it begins. Hope this makes sense lol

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
The fine single hairs should help to camouflage the stalky hairs….If you do have the odd one here and there that stands out you could always ask for them to be punched out.

H

Hairntear

Valued member
The fine single hairs should help to camouflage the stalky hairs….If you do have the odd one here and there that stands out you could always ask for them to be punched out.
Many thanks for that advice, I’ll see how it turns out :)

H

Hairntear

Valued member
2 month update
Hi everyone
Thought I’d post my 2 month update for anyone interested in having their hairline repaired.
As you can see from the pics there is not that much to report at this stage as a lot of the finer hairs have not yet come through. This leaves the thicker grafts exposed and the hair unnatural as it clumps together when styled back. Anyway that is to be expected and I am hoping as the new finer grafts grow it will conceal and give an overall softer appearance.
I also think the redness is a big reason why I feel the hairline is unnatural at this stage.
Anyway having been through this process several times before I know that results don’t start to come through until 3 months so I’m looking forward to what happens in the coming weeks. Hoping everything is ‘downhill’ from here
:)

as always I appreciate any thoughts, questions or comments!
cheers.

A925C232-A388-4F4F-8487-6E0B88F7D38C.jpeg
604767D2-EE2C-42AF-A912-60CAF50D1579.jpeg
BBA5E494-256A-4609-9778-0B3BBB65FC12.jpeg
7025E9F5-FE2C-4D21-8B4E-BA04E92408C8.jpeg
BCCBCFC6-41B4-4D56-92B5-A315D5B1E624.jpeg
690939FC-68AC-49B5-B87A-DD1A77F878A0.jpeg
9A520267-7C3A-4AF5-AB03-09FAFFF5E73B.jpeg
884BA82B-567D-47D5-BBD1-DF0F25BA2220.jpeg
E5BA9E28-CA24-448A-8B65-35A49DD4E249.jpeg
A70D97DA-5239-4AA0-B888-F1B7E2C77E19.jpeg
B1E68408-31A4-41C7-A85D-EC0A538ABF31.jpeg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
The stalky hairs are standing out a bit due to the darker colour and thicker caliber. The redness can distort what we see as well. At two months the area has healed well. With some luck, you`ll start seeing more new growth in a month or so.
You`ve done the hard part, it should be an easy ride from now on.

Techno1

Techno1

Dr. Cooley was an excellent choice. He is a very talented doctor producing amazing results.