• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Who and what sites can you trust when researching hair transplants?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
The internet is a double edged sword. While it can be helpful to research and find real honest information it can also be your downfall. How do you know if reviews or the information you're reading are legitimate? Sometimes you don’t. People tend to rely on others and put their trust in what they read or see.
What I show you here is how people are manipulated.
The threads below are from the exact same location but claim to be from various worldwide locations.

loui

loui

Valued member
This must be the funniest section of the forum lol, "Clinics posting results pretending to be patients", you just made my day :D

On a serious note, there are lots of fakes out there with an agenda so its good you did this as the admin of the forum.

M

MPBsucks1234

Valued member
Lots of fakes, Ive seen a few Turkish ones post photos that are actually from Hasson and Wong. Their photos are very unique as is a lot of top end clinics so it can be quite easy to see.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Many clinics across the globe use other clinics patient results which they uplift from the websites and use them in their own marketing material. There are quite a few existing threads on HLE showing this.

Reactions: sl
JoeTillman

JoeTillman

Valued member
This is an ongoing problem that has only gotten worse over the years due to the explosion of clinics operating worldwide. At this point I've all but given up on dealing with it but when I do see it I will at least let the victimized clinic know so they can do something if they wish. I do like this website (HLE) because the moderator has a good eye for fake posters and he doesn't create fake users on his own to steer any particular narrative.

D

djkillab

Valued member
How are you getting one with your research for another surgery?
Hey Bigmac.
Not sure why I posted my comment above

I've continued to closely follow every case on the forum and have written up a shortlist of clinics/surgeons, based in the UK, Europe and Turkey.
I'm around 4/5 months in to my oral finasteride use again and 3 months in to oral Minoxidil. I've been shedding a lot for the past month or so.

My plan is to see where my hair is in around 6 months time, so 2 years after my 1st surgery and enough time given to see how effective the meds are. Then start making contact with the clinics and have some in person consultations in the UK

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like a good plan. Plenty of time to see what happens with the meds and to further your research.
All the best with it.

J

James11

The reviews from people who conveniently post pictures clearly taken with the professional clinic camera inside the clinic, and then plug the clinic are obviously employees of the clinics posting patient photos to try and get more work for the surgeon

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It’s always a good idea for patients to obtain their clinic photos and add them to their posts. They can also take their own photos and add them to compliment the clinic pictures. Sometimes when requested clinics will add the patients photos to threads.

JoeTillman

JoeTillman

Valued member
Not necessarily. Most clinics give the patient a copy of their before photos, and since many patients return for a second surgery, they're also given copies of their first pass results photos as well. It is fairly standard practice and a lot of patients (not saying most) wish to give back through documentation.

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
The reviews from people who conveniently post pictures clearly taken with the professional clinic camera inside the clinic, and then plug the clinic are obviously employees of the clinics posting patient photos to try and get more work for the surgeon

Most post a mix of clinic and their own pictures when they create a review. If they are happy they usually say so what others ask what clinic to use.