• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dr Bruno Ferreira - 3217 Grafts - October 21'

S

SHart19

Day 13 Update

Thought i'd post an update on day 13 post op. Virtually all the scabs have none gone apart from the small one at the front, no itching at all now but i've got a few spots and red patches which i assume is normal? Also, noticed a fair few fine hairs in my hands this morning when washing it so i guess the shedding stage has started!!

I took a variety of photos this morning to give an idea of how it looks with harsh lighting (flash) and natural normal room lighting. How's it looking?

PA210170 (2).jpg

PA210173 (2).jpg

PA210175 (2).jpg

PA210185 (2).jpg

PA210169 (2).jpg

PA210178_LI.jpg

PA210177 (2).jpg

Techno1

Techno1

You will soon be back to your pre-op condition. Spots and red patches are normal. Some patients have them, some do not.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Everything is beginning to look good with your post op healing. A few lingering scabs and pimples which will clear up quickly.
The hairs will be the first ones that have shed. I hope you’re feeling quite relaxed now about everything.

S

SHart19

Everything is beginning to look good with your post op healing. A few lingering scabs and pimples which will clear up quickly.
The hairs will be the first ones that have shed. I hope you’re feeling quite relaxed now about everything.
I think in normal light it doesn't even look like i've had a hair transplant as my native hair has grown back already. The single hairs at the front and my temple peaks seem to have shed already! I've not worn a hat/ beanie up to now but now the scabs are gone i should safe to do so? Yes, i feel very relaxed about it all now!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
That’s good to hear you’re relaxed about it all. You can go about your everyday actives without anyone knowing you had a HT. Wearing a hat at this timeframe won’t effect your HT, the grafts are securely in place.
I’ll look forward to your next update.
All the best.
Bm.

S

SHart19

That’s good to hear you’re relaxed about it all. You can go about your everyday actives without anyone knowing you had a HT. Wearing a hat at this timeframe won’t effect your HT, the grafts are securely in place.
I’ll look forward to your next update.
All the best.
Bm.
Does anyone have tips on how to reduce the spots, redness in the donor? Looks like i have lot of either ingrown hairs or general spots!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Apply a warm damp compress for 10 minutes 4 times a day. Other than that, ask the doctor if he recommends any antibiotic creams if you get lots. Other than that, they’ll heal by themselves usually.

S

SHart19

Day 17 update

Shedding has definitely started and its looking very odd already with my native hair growing super long, i have a fair few spots but hopefully they will clear soon.
I received the professional photos from the day of surgery so I will edit the original post with them. In the meantime here's some photos from this evening, intrigued to know peoples thoughts on the hairline?

PA250191.jpg
PA250192.jpg

PA250198.jpg
PA250196.jpg

D

djkillab

Valued member
Looks good to me. Nice shape. Will hopefully get a good result

D

djkillab

Valued member
I had a few spots too. 2 particular ones which kept coming up, but gradually less often until they eventually cleared up. Took a few months though

S

SHart19

For anyone that might be interested, here's the photos that were taken before and after by Dr Ferreira pre and post surgery:

I had 3217 grafts implanted over two days with average ratio FU 2.8 (i think!) so around 9000 hairs in total to restore my hairline and frontal third.

Before:

DSCF3975_LI.jpgDSCF3976.jpgDSCF3979.jpgDSCF3986_LI.jpgDSCF3989.jpgDSCF3995.jpgDSCF4023.jpgDSCF4026_LI.jpg
DSCF4033.jpg

After the 2nd day of surgery:

DSCF4074_LI.jpgDSCF4079.jpgDSCF4082_LI.jpgDSCF4085.jpgDSCF4088.jpgDSCF4090_LI.jpg
DSCF4080.jpg
DSCF4075.jpg
DSCF4093.jpgDSCF4095.jpg

I probably won't post anymore updates now until i have some growth in a few months time! Any thoughts or comments on the above photos would be much appreciated

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
It looks very clean and refined work that will turn out a knockout result.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the additional surgery pictures. The extractions and placement looks very clean and planned out well. How is the healing going?

S

SHart19

Thanks for the additional surgery pictures. The extractions and placement looks very clean and planned out well. How is the healing going?

All seems to be going well now after the hyperesthesia and excess Fibrin ordeal! I've lost around 90% of the frontal third to shedding which sucks and its very red with a weird waxy texture but the Dr has assured me that's normal although it looks horrendous haha

I'm at five weeks post op so il take a few photos this evening and i'm planning to get it cut in a couple weeks once the redness has gone down a tad more.

How often do people usually shampoo there transplanted area 1 month onwards? and for how long do people apply Aloe Vera? I'm still applying once a day after shampooing at the moment.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Once a day is fine for shampooing and applying the aloe. The aloe will continue to help with redness. The texture of your scalp can feel different fora while until it completely heals.
I`ll look forward to seeing your pictures.

S

SHart19

5 Weeks Five Post Op

I am now five weeks post op. I've had a few complications in that I had Folliculitis, hyperesthesia & Excess fibrin which caused so much scabbing, I guess I'm just unlucky! As you can see from the photos my donor looks untouched but my recipient area is still super red and I've lost probably 90% of transplanted hairs and its got a horrible texture to the scalp now. Hopefully, its looks normal? If it isn't there is nothing I can do about it anyway so I'm trying to stay positive and calm even though it looks horrendous! :oops: Looking forward to getting a haircut in a few weeks so it looks less obvious.

Normal lighting indoors

PB100612 (2).jpg

Using Flash with lights off

PB100614 (2).jpg

PB100608 (2).jpg
PB100609 (2).jpg

Cheers, S

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Apply a warm damp compress to the area, this helps with folliculitis. If it persists, check with the doctor who may recommend some antibiotic cream.
Take a look at Parasols scalp. It took a little while to heal but its turning out very well.
Parasol hair transplant
Your donor is looking very good.
Try not to stress as your HT will turn out fine.

S

SHart19

Apply a warm damp compress to the area, this helps with folliculitis. If it persists, check with the doctor who may recommend some antibiotic cream.
Take a look at Parasols scalp. It took a little while to heal but its turning out very well.
Parasol hair transplant
Your donor is looking very good.
Try not to stress as your HT will turn out fine.
I've already gone through a course of Antibiotic tablets to tackle the folliculitis so that's improved a lot! Dr F has told me to stop the aloe vera in case that is causing more redness and I've been super impressed by him as he replies within 24 hours via what's app every time without failure.

Yes I am very happy with the donor, il post a photo in a couple of weeks time once its been shaved down to a 2mm fade! :)