• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Fue 3700 grafts - advice

G

gambitrl7

Hi all,

So I finally did it and popped over to Turkey - Smile clinic; and had my hair transplant with Dr Erdogan. Can't fault the process and was impressed. (see first pic)

Then a minor disaster!

On the morning after the procedure, a taxi picked me up to go to the clinic for a check up and for some reason it had what can only be described as a thick pile carpet on the internal ceiling of the car! You can probably guess what happened next.

The very lightest of scrapes on my crown against it but it was enough. Blood trickled and I've clearly lost grafts. My question to the experienced here, is can an estimate of graft loss be made? The smear on the cab ceiling was about 5x4cm and had fine hairs in the blood.

See pic 2 for my head after the injury - bearing in mind it looks worse than it is as the blood trickled in runs!

Is there anyway of estimating how bad it could be? I had 1500 in the crown area.

Any advice appreciated as obviously I'm gutted. I'm now on day 5 (pic 3)
day 0 of procedure b.jpg
day 1 b.jpg
day 5 di.jpg

H

horris

Valued member
Hi,
Sorry about your mishap I would be gutted also. It doesn't look too bad and quite isolated to a small part of the crown. Also depending on your pre OP situation 1500 grafts will not go too far on a crown fill so probably you will need more in the future to get the desired results. On a more positive note my friend had his done at smile 12 months ago and his looks really good so hopefully you will get the results you want and may not even notice the loss. Happy growing!

G

gambitrl7

Hi Horris,

Thanks for the response. When the clinic saw the damage they simply said that it shouldn't be more than ten or so grafts - but in truth, with the runs of blood, and the large smear left behind I have no idea how that can be more than guesswork - and the damage seemed a bit more excessive than 10 grafts tbh.

I can't fault the clinic though. Would highly recommend them and the care they provide.

My crown was not entirely bald. Just thinned. About an area of 3" x 2" They took a total of 3720 grafts and if memory serves 1500/1600 went on the crown. I appreciate that maybe only 60-70% will survive there anyway, so am hoping to get some improvement at least.

Out of interest, as people tell me different things; what kind of graft number can an average donor area accommodate without looking too thin?

Thanks again.

R

reddwarf

Hi Horris,

When the clinic saw the damage they simply said that it shouldn't be more than ten or so grafts - but in truth, with the runs of blood, and the large smear left behind I have no idea how that can be more than guesswork - and the damage seemed a bit more excessive than 10 grafts tbh.

Thanks again.

It's human nature to fear the worst after an ordeal like you have just endured. The clinic should have the best idea of the damage caused though surely, so if they are saying you lost only a small amount i wouldn't dwell on it.:)

H

horris

Valued member
Hi Horris,

Thanks for the response. When the clinic saw the damage they simply said that it shouldn't be more than ten or so grafts - but in truth, with the runs of blood, and the large smear left behind I have no idea how that can be more than guesswork - and the damage seemed a bit more excessive than 10 grafts tbh.

I can't fault the clinic though. Would highly recommend them and the care they provide.

My crown was not entirely bald. Just thinned. About an area of 3" x 2" They took a total of 3720 grafts and if memory serves 1500/1600 went on the crown. I appreciate that maybe only 60-70% will survive there anyway, so am hoping to get some improvement at least.

Out of interest, as people tell me different things; what kind of graft number can an average donor area accommodate without looking too thin?

Thanks again.

Unsure to be honest I've read many different stories some people have 9/10k donor grafts but others have a lot less. I had around 3200 and the doctor seemed quite happy I could go again so possibly another 3/4k left would be nice around 7k total, so it's all about the individuals situation.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
if you lost any it would be minimal, you haven't lost the grafts where the blood went to, maybe a few where you hit your head, but maybe not even those. In my experienced opinion I don't think you will notice a loss if there is any.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
I agree with the other comments dude, I highly doubt you have lost enough grafts to make a significant negative difference to your overall result. The clinic dont sound overlay concerned if they estimated such a small number so I would try to put it behind you and hopefully your end result will be one that your really happy with.

Best wishes BN

DrTBarghouthi

DrTBarghouthi

Sorry about your mishap. Nonetheless, even if one graft is out, the blood that trickles after can make things look a lot worse. I wouldn’t worry too much over it. It will be few grafts if any. Follicles usually seem fragile but they are stronger than what you think ! Just make sure to try and get the scabs continuously cleaned with sprays and gentle washes or according to the instructions you were given. All the best going forward