• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

When can you cut your Hair after Hair Transplant?

R

Rolandas

Hello gents,
I was thinking this might be an interesting topic to update on.
Just had my first haircut 1 month after my FUE HT. My barber went quite close with clippers (1.5 mm) and there's still some red dots on the sides (back looks unbelievably healed!). Dr. Ferreira mentioned scars look bigger due to the angles of the hairs on the sides.
Have you had such redness as well and if so for how long did it persisted? I'm still applying Aloe Vera gel 2x/day on recipient & donor areas, and it still looks like healing much slower.

BTW as always for those of you who prefers to watch my video update, have a look @ below!

TOMMYTWO

TOMMYTWO

Valued member
I was advised not to buzzcut for 6 months......Scissor cut only as buzz can damage follicles...….Obvs each clinic gives different advice

R

Rolandas

Seems like many top surgeons telling the same thing. But it feels weird to walk around with uneven length for 6 months!

TOMMYTWO

TOMMYTWO

Valued member
I think its just the dragging effect of the clippers...…..I'm sure scissor cut could even things out...…..I'm yet to have a cut as I was shaved to the bone, but certainly due a trim

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I don`t see how this would or could damage the follicles. After 4 days, they are securely anchored in place. The only thing I can think of is it may cause native hairs to be ingrown or some sort of skin irritation that could inflame the area. This, of course, would be shaved smooth. If you were to use a clipper guard for a buzz cut, I'd say it would be ok. Obviously it is best to follow what your own doctor advises.

TOMMYTWO

TOMMYTWO

Valued member
I tend to agree with you Bri, I had my first haircut at the weekend and I reckon my hair could take the clippers if I'm honest. I suppose some clinics air on the side of caution

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
One of the feel good factors after my hair transplants was getting my hair cut so that it looked normal again. Waiting for an update on your thread Tom.

R

Rolandas

I'm starting to have an urge of cutting my recipient area! My native hairs in there are much longer than transplanted ones (and are just in the middle of the hairline) and it starts to look a bit funny.
Would it be safe to do recipient area with scissors at this point at all?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I don't see any problems with having a scissor cut. It can`t affect your grafts.

TOMMYTWO

TOMMYTWO

Valued member
One of the feel good factors after my hair transplants was getting my hair cut so that it looked normal again. Waiting for an update on your thread Tom.
Yes will do mate, I'm planning on updating showing donor etc iminently